ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NBA Draft Thread

Watched Luguentz Dort play last week. Thought he looked like 1st Round material.

I know we've only seen a few games so far this season, but does anyone think it would be insane to believe that Cam Reddish ends up the best pro from Duke's class?

Seems to have a game tailor made for the NBA.

I know we've only seen a few games so far this season, but does anyone think it would be insane to believe that Cam Reddish ends up the best pro from Duke's class?

I don't remember the thread, but I posted, close to, the same thing.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
The Celtics have 3 picks in the first round? Damn, I hope he parlay that into one top 2 pick

As good as Barrett is, I see Zion being drafted number 1 and playing for the cavs or the hawks next yr. the cavs will tank every game for Lebron 2.0

It's possible. I don't expect it, but I certainly think it's possible. Cam, unlike the other two guys, can actually shoot the ball. NBA is getting more and more reliant on capable jump-shooters. He's plenty athletic. Not sure he'll ever have a motor quite like Zion or RJ, but he's certainly talented enough to be a go-to-scorer.

As good as Barrett is, I see Zion being drafted number 1 and playing for the cavs or the hawks next yr. the cavs will tank every game for Lebron 2.0

Comparing Zion to LeBron is such an unfair comparison for Zion, or anyone really. It would be like comparing Barrett to Kobe or MJ.

Reactions: denniden
Comparing Zion to LeBron is such an unfair comparison for Zion, or anyone really. It would be like comparing Barrett to Kobe or MJ.
I’m not try to say he’s the next Lebron, it’s more the build and the ability and the fact he’s the type of guy they need at sf

Reactions: denniden
In the long term, RJ Barrett is still better...like I’ve said, I hope the Celtics parlay those 3 picks into top 2..

I only start following these guys when they get to college, but after seeing UNC play a handful of times it is shocking to me that Nassir Little is considered a top 5 prospect. Honestly, its shocking to me that he is considered even a potential 1st round pick.

I know its early and I reserve the right to change my opinion on him as I see more, but so far he's been completely unimpressive.

Honestly, if you took the names off the jerseys and asked me to rank UNC's pro prospects I doubt he would even make the top 8.

Looks like a 4 year college player so far.

Watched Luguentz Dort play last week. Thought he looked like 1st Round material.

really looking forward to seeing this kid. Where was he ranked coming in this year?

Mark December 7 on your calendar and not because it's DDay. ASU vs Nevada on the Deuce!

and then 12/22 we get Grimes vs Dort!

really looking forward to seeing this kid. Where was he ranked coming in this year?

Mark December 7 on your calendar and not because it's DDay. ASU vs Nevada on the Deuce!

and then 12/22 we get Grimes vs Dort!

Yes! Super excited about this game! Two of my early season favorites to watch. Only bad part is that the game doesn't start until midnight. I've gone to bed at 2 am the last two nights trying to catch as much action as possible from ACC/Big Ten Challenge games... So I'm sure I'll watch this one all the way through!

Taeshon Cherry was actually the prized recruit from ASU's class. Dort has been a HUGE surprise. He was #76 on the RSCI Composite rankings. A solid 4-star recruit by most services... I saw Sports Illustrated had him projected as the #18 in their most recent Mock Draft. If he can maintain somewhat decent shooting percentages, I think he could be a lottery pick. Definitely room to improve with his stroke, but the kid is oozing with potential.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Why not? Zion at 18 seems comparable to LeBron at 18. Whether he has the work ethic to improve and become an all time great like Bron did remains to be seen.

Why not? Zion at 18 seems comparable to LeBron at 18. Whether he has the work ethic to improve and become an all time great like Bron did remains to be seen.

Is this for serious? You really don't see the difference between 18 year old Zion and 18 year Lebron as a basketball player??? The ONLY thing they have in common is their amazing athletic ability in such massive bodies.

Reactions: RR30
Is this for serious? You really don't see the difference between 18 year old Zion and 18 year Lebron as a basketball player??? The ONLY thing they have in common is their amazing athletic ability in such massive bodies.
Please enlighten me on the difference. We're talking about comps here and other comps include Charles Barkley, Larry Johnson and Draymond Green.

Both at 18 are low post scoring machines, ridiculously hyped, have good vision, ferocious rebounders and are unstoppable in transition.

Both Zion and LBJ are awful 3 point and FT shooters at the age of 18.

If people are too scared to make a comparison even when its valid because one guy is an all-time great, then its on them.

Reactions: dtgold88
Please enlighten me on the difference. We're talking about comps here and other comps include Charles Barkley, Larry Johnson and Draymond Green.

LJ and Barkley are good comps for Zion.

LBJ had/has vision and PG skills that Zion couldn't even dream of at this point. LBJ at 18 compares to a more athletic Magic Johnson.

Like I said, the only similarity is massive bodies and freak athleticism.

LJ and Barkley are good comps for Zion.

LBJ had/has vision and PG skills that Zion couldn't even dream of at this point. LBJ at 18 compares to a more athletic Magic Johnson.

Like I said, the only similarity is massive bodies and freak athleticism.
I think you're underestimating Zion's vision a lot. Take a look at this bounce pass to Barrett in transition at 2:31 vs Kentucky:

I think you're underestimating Zion's vision a lot. Take a look at this bounce pass to Barrett in transition at 2:31 vs Kentucky:

no, I'm not. Zion has some good vision, he doesn't play with blinders on. But, he's not even in the same stratosphere as Lebron in that category. Lebron is in the category with the all time greats.

One good bounce pass and he's in LeBron's class? Please. LeBron at this age was averaging 21, 6, 5 and almost two steals a game in the NBA on an awful team. Zion is a special talent but he doesn't compare to LeBron anywhere except dunking ability. That ain't a knock on him either. It would be like comparing Barrett to MJ because he's really good driving the ball.

My top 10 right now

Zion
Barrett
Reddish
Bol
Porter Jr
Morant
K Johnson
Hunter
Culver
Little

Edit- J Porter would be in top 5-6 for me if he was playing this year

One good bounce pass and he's in LeBron's class? Please. LeBron at this age was averaging 21, 6, 5 and almost two steals a game in the NBA on an awful team. Zion is a special talent but he doesn't compare to LeBron anywhere except dunking ability. That ain't a knock on him either. It would be like comparing Barrett to MJ because he's really good driving the ball.
It's easy to rack up stats on a bad NBA team, who's to say Zion couldn't average the same?

The offense doesn't run through Zion right now at Duke but if he played at another school where he was the main guy, he'd average 30 PPG no questions asked.

I think he's similar to LeBron at age 18, whether he has the work ethic to take it to the next level is on him but right now that's who he compares best to.

Jordan Poole getting draft buzz? He might end up a better prospect than Charles Matthews. Hope he stays 4 years though.

It's easy to rack up stats on a bad NBA team, who's to say Zion couldn't average the same?

The offense doesn't run through Zion right now at Duke but if he played at another school where he was the main guy, he'd average 30 PPG no questions asked.

I think he's similar to LeBron at age 18, whether he has the work ethic to take it to the next level is on him but right now that's who he compares best to.

Stop.It. LeBron had more pressure than anyone in the modern game. They were televising his games in high school in an era where NONE were. He was an elite NBA player from day one.

Zion is a lot more Larry Johnson than he is LeBron. It is stupid to compare a college player to at worst the second best player of all time. Zion does one thing better than LeBron. If jumping high was the only thing that mattered for success Gerald Green would be a first ballot hall of famer.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
Almost into 2019 and Nassir Little looks closer to a guy who should transfer to a mid major than a guy who is gonna go top 5 in the draft.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT