ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 College Basketball Draft Results

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Here are the results. sdsufan absolutely destroyed this draft. 4 All-Americans, 1 HM All-American, and 3 1st Team All-Conference selections. I had a fairly good showing, too. Looking at the results, It kills me a little inside because I was contemplating taking Brandon Clarke as early as round 5. But I just couldn't pull the trigger. I figured Mark Few would start Rui and Killian Tillie. I didn't feel comfortable taking Clarke if he only averaged 20-25 minutes a game. Tillie got injured shortly after the draft lol. sdsufan got the ultimate steal in round 8.

So what'd you guys think of your team? How would you like to refine the process for next year? @WojoRising @WeAreDePaul @ThroughBlue @sdsufan10 @Mgkcbb @jwill133 @jhmossy @GE Nole @Big_C_KU @imajericho

2019-draftstandings.jpg

I have color coded the 15 AP All-American selections for first, second, and third team. We evidently had better research this year, as we drafted all 15 guys. Last year, I want to say we had 4 All-Americans that went undrafted (including Trae Young).

2019-draftresults.jpg

2019-draftresults1.jpg

If the results are too small for you, click on the image to expand.

Also, I gave the tie-breaker to 7th place to @imajericho over @Mgkcbb because his 9th and 10th players performed better. imajericho came in really late, and actually didn't make his selections until after everyone had already drafted a full team. So not bad, considering the circumstances.

Reactions: jhmossy
Okay, forgot to update the top performers after last night's game. The team rankings were correct, however.

2019draft-top-performers.jpg

thanks for doing this @dukedevilz . Looking forward to kicking everyone's ass next year now that I know the rules.

Yes, sorry about the confusion. I'll be sure to clarify that part before the draft next year. I certainly enjoy the draft process. It's fun putting a team together like that. Hope to get more participants in the future!

I’m for sure in next season. Weekly picks too. I would check on these threads always but never actually participated. Am excited to next season.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yikes. I only picked one top 20 performer but still managed to finish 5th. Losing Bol Bol hurt a lot but this was a good time. I'm definitely down for next year. Thanks for organizing.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yikes. I only picked one top 20 performer but still managed to finish 5th. Losing Bol Bol hurt a lot but this was a good time. I'm definitely down for next year. Thanks for organizing.

You only had one straggler in your group, Brad Davison. A lot of teams got burned by multiple guys. You also had Shamorie Ponds, who was 22nd overall, just missing the top 20. And FWIW, 3 teams represented 11 of the top 20 players... Kind of crazy how close the race was for 3rd place. One big-time player could make the difference. Bol Bol easily would have put you into 3rd place, IMO.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT