ADVERTISEMENT

12 of the 14 BIG 10 teams in the NET top 51

They made mention of this/something similar during the last UK game. Very impressive.

I wouldn't be surprised if 12 of 14 teams in the SEC are out of the top 51

Reactions: hawkit3113
They’re gonna have the most tourney teams. Although I don’t know how the likes of Rutgers, Wisconsin, Indiana are that high. Maybe cause they’ve started conference play.

SEC has 5 in the top 50. 8 in the top 60. Not great but maybe better than it seems. ACC has 5 in the top 50 and their 6th is 69 (nice).

The Big10 and Pac12 are the only major conferences that are not down from last year. ACC is shit, SEC is shit, BigEast is ok but has no star team, Big12 is shit.

The big 12 sounds pretty good according to this ESPN guy. WVU back to kicking ass makes the big 12 better this season.

Jordan Schultz, insider/analyst: Has anyone seen the Big 12? It's loaded. Kansas might well be its top title contender, but there are upward of eight tournament teams in this league. Baylor has quietly gotten off to an excellent start behind sophomore guard Jared Butler. Its only loss came in Alaska to an extremely talented Washington team. The biggest surprise for me, however, is West Virginia. Don't sleep on Bob Huggins because his 11-1 Mountaineers already boast wins over Northern Iowa, Wichita State, Rhode Island and Ohio State.

We haven't even touched on Texas Tech, which, after a sluggish start, looks every bit like a classic, nasty Chris Beard team. Every team in the league has an overall winning record"

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ge-basketball-picks-welcome-conference-season

Last edited:
The Big10 and Pac12 are the only major conferences that are not down from last year. ACC is shit, SEC is shit, BigEast is ok but has no star team, Big12 is shit.

Big 12 is shit? What have you been watching? Might end up with multiple 1 seeds and 7 teams out of 10 in the tourney.

Kansas, WVU, Baylor are all legit Final Four contenders. Texas Tech, Ok State, Oklahoma and Texas will probably be in the tourney.

Pac 12 basketball is terrible this year, and every year.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Big 12 is shit? What have you been watching? Might end up with multiple 1 seeds and 7 teams out of 10 in the tourney.

Kansas, WVU, Baylor are all legit Final Four contenders. Texas Tech, Ok State, Oklahoma and Texas will probably be in the tourney.

Big12 is worse than it was last year. Pac12 is better than it was last year. Big10 is better than it was last year. Every other major conference is worse than it was last year.

That was my point.

giphy.gif

Big East is impressive. No superstar teams, I suppose. But, Villanova and Butler have really impressive resumes. Seton Hall, if healthy, is a borderline top 10 team. DePaul, Xavier, St.John's, Georgetown, Marquette, and Creighton are good enough to make the tournament. The only team that's crapped the bed so far is Providence, who had a good win over G'town the other night. I think we'll see 7, possibly even 8 Big East teams in the tournament.

I hate that the ACC sucks so much this year. Duke doesn't have that many Quad-1 games left. If the NET Rankings hold, Duke would have 5 more Quad-1 games. It's kind of embarrassing how poorly the ACC has performed this year.

Big12 is worse than it was last year. Pac12 is better than it was last year. Big10 is better than it was last year. Every other major conference is worse than it was last year.

That was my point.

I'm not so sure the big 12 worse. Basically WVU just replaced Kansas State as the conferences top 3 team. I'm comparing last years standings and rankings from this time last season and overall the teams look better.

Last edited:
The top teams in the big 12 are better this year.

the big 10 teams are Overrated

In contrast to last year, Big 12 looks more front-loaded. Projected seeds from Bracket Matrix:

1- Kansas
2- Baylor
3- West Virginia
8- Texas Tech
10- Oklahoma State
11- Oklahoma

Obviously there will be plenty of meaningful for games for a team like Texas or Iowa State to move up, but as of right now you're looking at three teams that can go far in the tournament - and a couple others that will most likely have early exits. I wouldn't want to play Texas Tech in the second round, however.

As far as the Pac-12, I disagree, for this year at least. Oregon is probably the only legit Final Four contender. I could see a team like Colorado, however, being an outside threat. Most teams in the Pac-12 have really solid OOC wins, unlike last year:

Oregon: Michigan (road), Memphis (neutral), Houston (neutral), Seton Hall (neutral)
Arizona: Illinois (home)
Utah: Kentucky (neutral), BYU (home), Minnesota (home)
Washington: Baylor (neutral)
Stanford: Oklahoma (neutral)
Colorado: Dayton (neutral), Clemson (neutral)
USC: LSU (neutral), TCU (road)
Arizona State: St.John's (neutral), Georgia (home)
Oregon State: Iowa State (home)

I'm not so sure the big 12 worse. Basically WVU just replaced Kansas State as the conferences top 3 team. I'm comparing last years standings and rankings from this time last season and overall the teams look better.

that methodology is flawed. You can't compare rankings from this year to last year when we've already established that overall this is a down year for most conferences. Naturally the rankings will be higher for some teams this year since most teams are down.

Kansas and WVA are the only teams in the Big12 that are better this year than last year. Hence, the conference is down.

Yet gets bounced from the final four or sooner every year....

Big 12 has 3 of top 9 NET. Big 10 nowhere to be found in that mix....

Last edited:
KUhawks34 said:

The top teams in the big 12 are better this year.

the big 10 teams are Overrated

The Big Ten deep dicked the country in non conference play. Sorry you had to witness that.
[/quote]

Big 12 has better wins actually. Big East is even better than Big 10 top to bottom. Big East and Big 12 had best non con and thus are 1/2 in conference Rpi. Big 10 a close 3rd

WVU maybe our 3rd team beat your #1 in their backyard.

Big 12 has better wins actually. Big East is even better than Big 10 top to bottom. Big East and Big 12 had best non con and thus are 1/2 in conference Rpi. Big 10 a close 3rd

WVU maybe our 3rd team beat your #1 in their backyard.

Pro tip: stop bringing up RPI if you want to be taken serious here

Reactions: Mclovin- and MGC_07
Yet gets bounced from the final four or sooner every year....

Big 12 has 3 of top 9 NET. Big 10 nowhere to be found in that mix....

The Big 12 of the top 9 and coincidentally only 3 in the top 30.

The Big Ten has 8 in the top 30.

Arbitrary cutoffs are fun.

Reactions: Mclovin-
I’ll bet any Big 12 fan here that the Big Ten wins more NCAA tournament games as a conference than the Big 12.

I mean you have 4 more teams, let's compare the bottom 4 of each conference, see ridiculous bets are easy..

I don’t give a shit about bottom teams.

It’s Big 12 fans talking about 7+ conference teams making the tournament. You’re a huge cuck if you think betting on those teams winning more tournament games than the Big Ten is a “ridiculous bet”.

I mean you have 4 more teams, let's compare the bottom 4 of each conference, see ridiculous bets are easy..
Other than Nebraska and Northwestern , the B1G is a meat grinder this year
Hell, I only see Northwestern as the only easy win in the B1G

We don’t have that ‘dominant’ team , but neither does any other conference . The B1G is the best top to bottom and it’s not close

Other than Nebraska and Northwestern , the B1G is a meat grinder this year
Hell, I only see Northwestern as the only easy win in the B1G

We don’t have that ‘dominant’ team , but neither does any other conference . The B1G is the best top to bottom and it’s not close

But RPI!

Reactions: MGC_07 and Mclovin-
ADVERTISEMENT