ADVERTISEMENT

11/6/18!

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Kansas vs Michigan State
Duke vs Kentucky

What an amazing way to tip off the CBB season!

Some other key games from the first couple weeks of the season.....

11/7: Ohio State vs Cincy
11/9: Texas vs Arkansas
11/9: Mizzou vs Iowa St.
11/11: Vandy vs USC
11/13: Wisconsin vs Xavier
11/13: Memphis vs LSU
11/14: Michigan vs Villanova
11/14: Marquette vs Indiana
11/15: Ohio St vs Creighton
11/15: UCONN vs Syracuse
11/15: Texas A&M vs Gonzaga
11/15: Oregon vs Iowa
11/17: South Carolina vs Providence
11/18: Indiana vs Arkansas

Definitely some very interesting games in those first couple weeks. So fired up!

Should be fun! I'm interested in two additional games on opening night...

Florida @ Florida State (both Final 4 sleepers, IMO)

UNC @ Wofford (Wofford, who defeated UNC last year, returns its top 6 scorers).

Should be fun! I'm interested in two additional games on opening night...

Florida @ Florida State (both Final 4 sleepers, IMO)

UNC @ Wofford (Wofford, who defeated UNC last year, returns its top 6 scorers).
Whoa, UNC*** is playing AT Wofford? Interesting if true.

Reactions: dukedevilz
didn't notice Florida vs Florida State. Definitely looking forward to that one for sure.

Yep. It's a true road game. That's won't be an easy game. Wofford can shoot lights out.
I'm surprised they agreed to do a home and home with Wofford.
Va Tech learned a hard lesson a couple days ago and UK learned the same lesson in 2013 when they had to play at Robert Morris. That place was jacked up.
Wofford's players have certainly had that game circled on their schedule since it came out and will play like their lives depend on it.
That wwil be an interesting one to watch for sure.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm surprised they agreed to do a home and home with Wofford.
Va Tech learned a hard lesson a couple days ago and UK learned the same lesson in 2013 when they had to play at Robert Morris. That place was jacked up.
Wofford's players have certainly had that game circled on their schedule since it came out and will play like their lives depend on it.
That wwil be an interesting one to watch for sure.

Wofford has an interesting slate of games. So they open up the season hosting UNC. But then they play road games at Stanford, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Kansas, and Miss State... If they're able to steal a game or two, they could potentially be a bubble team. I think they're capable of winning anyone of these games, personally (winning at KU will be a trick and a half, admittedly) Lots of good opportunities to beef up their resume, no doubt.

Reactions: KisteK
Not sure why UNC playing at Wofford is a shock. Roy has alway went & played the smaller schools in their home gym.
Last year @ Davidson
2016-17 @ Tulane
2015-16 @ Northern Iowa
2014-15 @ UNC Greensboro
2013-14 @ UAB

Unlike other schools, UNC will actually go into a hostile environment outside of conference play.

Reactions: 829305 and GE Nole
Not sure why UNC playing at Wofford is a shock. Roy has alway went & played the smaller schools in their home gym.
Last year @ Davidson
2016-17 @ Tulane
2015-16 @ Northern Iowa
2014-15 @ UNC Greensboro
2013-14 @ UAB

Unlike other schools, UNC will actually go into a hostile environment outside of conference play.
Who do you root for when Duke and UK play? Or do you just hope for a building collapse?? ;)

Who do you root for when Duke and UK play? Or do you just hope for a building collapse?? ;)
That's a good question. I was thinking if I had a hierarchy of hate (don't hate, just liked the alliteration), and clearly UL is our rival and I can't remember a time rooting for them. Then I think about UNC vs Duke. I don't "hate" one more than the other, and I think it comes down to hoping home crowd loses, who's ranked higher, or just overall implications to that particular game.

I want to see the SEC do well OOC/Tournament, but it's really hard to root for UT, Arkansas or UF.

That's a good question. I was thinking if I had a hierarchy of hate (don't hate, just liked the alliteration), and clearly UL is our rival and I can't remember a time rooting for them. Then I think about UNC vs Duke. I don't "hate" one more than the other, and I think it comes down to hoping home crowd loses, who's ranked higher, or just overall implications to that particular game.

I want to see the SEC do well OOC/Tournament, but it's really hard to root for UT, Arkansas or UF.
The only team I truly “hate” is Louisville. I would cheer for anyone over them and it isn’t even close. I don’t like Carolina or Duke or IU, but I would much rather them do well than the Cards.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s like having to pick between an ugly girl & fat girl to have sex with.
Gun to head, I’d pull for Dook over UK.
#kentuckyeffect Bringing rivals together.:D

Next we'll have a KU fan rooting for Missouri over UK.

Last edited:
#kentuckyeffect Bringing rivals together.:D

Next we'll have a KU fan rooting for Missouri over UK.
I don’t live in North Carolina & only know 2 Dook fans.
There’s been a lot of UK players over the years that I’ve actually liked. Hell, my son went to UK’s baseball camp over the summer.
If UK fans didn’t act like complete idiots over every little thing, they’d actually be likable.

Ranking blue bloods on likeability.

KU
UCLA
IU
Duke
UNC

If KU was playing any of those teams, I'd root for KU, unless playing at home. I'd root for UNC and Roy Williams @ KU. I'd root for KU @ UNC.

etc...

Reactions: KisteK
Does it disqualify your rivalry as the "greatest ever", if you root for each other?
I know plenty of UK & UL fans that root for each other. It was more common before Pitino arrived at UL but I still know some.
I even watched UK fans pull for UL in the 2013 championship. They kept saying they wanted the ship to stay in the state.

I’m sure if I lived in NC I’d hate Dook just as much as I do UK.
So it's off the court stuff that decides your rivalries? Compared to UK, Duke plays UNC way more on the court, but you focus more on off the court.

It makes since, you're surrounded by Duke haters.

So it's off the court stuff that decides your rivalries? Compared to UK, Duke plays UNC way more on the court, but you focus more on off the court.

It makes since, you're surrounded by Duke haters.
Why do you care so damn much? I was asked who I’d root for between UK & Dook. This is like the 3rd time you’ve drove this onto the ground.
I absolutely hate both teams, I just hate UK a touch more.
I hope Dook gets beat in every game they play this year,except one.

Why do you care so damn much? I was asked who I’d root for between UK & Dook. This is like the 3rd time you’ve drove this onto the ground.
I absolutely hate both teams, I just hate UK a touch more.
I hope Dook gets beat in every game they play this year,except one.
Don't be conceited, I thought @JimboBBN asked an interesting question. Hence me answering it myself.

Along the way, I found out some UNC fans in Kentucky root for Duke. :p

I’m sure you’ll bring it up again around the time they play. You’re kind of like a broken record.
That's rich.

Back to topic. The OOC schedule is a step above this year. It carries on after the first week.

Last edited:
As far as which blue blood likability I think KU probably is ranked higher for most that don't follow a blue blood. My ranking would be

UNC
UCLA
UK
IU
DUKE

Growing up in Illinois I always despised IU because they always beat us. Also huge MJ fan so that explains the Duke hatred and the UNC love. UCLA i am completely indifferent on so that's why they are ranked higher than UK. I don't hate UK either, I just want to see them knocked down a peg or two because the meltdown from some of their fan base is epic when it happens.

Yea, I think the percentage of UK fans that would cheer for Louisville and the percentage of UNC fans that would cheer for Duke are both pretty small. Just has to do with where you live or where you’re from. I know some Kentucky fans root for Louisville If they play UNC or Duke strictly becuase they aren’t as threatening of a program, but that’s about it.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT