ADVERTISEMENT

11/6/18!

Yea, I think the percentage of UK fans that would cheer for Louisville and the percentage of UNC fans that would cheer for Duke are both pretty small. Just has to do with where you live or where you’re from. I know some Kentucky fans root for Louisville If they play UNC or Duke strictly becuase they aren’t as threatening of a program, but that’s about it.
I root for Louisville to beat UNC Duke Kansas Indiana Tennessee.

That’s like having to pick between an ugly girl & fat girl to have sex with.
Gun to head, I’d pull for Dook over UK.
Ugly AND fat, or Ugly OR fat?:D And do what i did---fake a stroke. It works.:eek:

I'd root for the Plague before Mizzery would ever get the pleasure.
giphy.gif

I don’t live in North Carolina & only know 2 Dook fans.
There’s been a lot of UK players over the years that I’ve actually liked. Hell, my son went to UK’s baseball camp over the summer.
If UK fans didn’t act like complete idiots over every little thing, they’d actually be likable.
LMAO, pot meet kettle. Wow.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The good thing about the Wofford lost is that there were games after but it still sucked.
I remember when they lost to Santa Clara the first game of 2004-05 too, and all they did was go on to win the title that year. Santa Clara ended up finishing 15-16. Just one of those head-scratchers that will never make sense.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I remember when they lost to Santa Clara the first game of 2004-05 too, and all they did was go on to win the title that year. Santa Clara ended up finishing 15-16. Just one of those head-scratchers that will never makes sense.
UNC also didn’t have Raymond Felton that game.

Who did the Dook fan that lives in Ky pick? :cool:
UNC.
I see you found the thread over there that I was referring to and are conversing with said Duke fan. I think you're both right, it has a lot to do with where you live.

I lived near East Lansing, MI for 15 years and I secretly hate MSU. I say secretly because my nieces would kill me if they knew. But the guys I worked with are huge MSU fans and they were unbearable.

If you are around UK fans that are anything like the MSU fans I had to deal with, I understand your pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncfan in ky
Duke and UNC are the only ones I can semi understand. The rest, nope. Unless you’ve never stepped foot in Louisville before.
I deal with the orange quite a bit living on the Tennessee line. Surprisingly I deal with a lot of Indiana fans but that’s mostly summer months when they get out of that miserable state and flock south.

There was a time when Indiana was our most bitter rival. I hope we never schedule them again

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I remember when they lost to Santa Clara the first game of 2004-05 too, and all they did was go on to win the title that year. Santa Clara ended up finishing 15-16. Just one of those head-scratchers that will never make sense.
But the UNC guys never had to go to class. They were basically a professional team, just basketball.SmokinSmile

You shouldn't be surprised. Roy doesn't schedule like the nickname of a female body part. There's nothing forcing him to play true road games before conference season, especially against mids. He does it because he feels it's the best way to prepare his team.

Everyone has their own methods, but this one seems to work for him, and it's not new.

That said, I'm guessing Carolina doesn't take this one lightly.

There will be a defender on Fletcher at all times.

Should be fun! I'm interested in two additional games on opening night...

Florida @ Florida State (both Final 4 sleepers, IMO)

UNC @ Wofford (Wofford, who defeated UNC last year, returns its top 6 scorers).

Yeah, the atmosphere for UF/FSU should be pretty dang lit this year. And the battle between Forrest and Nembhard will be fantastic to watch.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Not sure why UNC playing at Wofford is a shock. Roy has alway went & played the smaller schools in their home gym.
Last year @ Davidson
2016-17 @ Tulane
2015-16 @ Northern Iowa
2014-15 @ UNC Greensboro
2013-14 @ UAB

Unlike other schools, UNC will actually go into a hostile environment outside of conference play.
Well said. And tough November losses have never hurt us in March.

ADVERTISEMENT