ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

I thought this was a 2-team race? It still probably is, but interesting that he's giving a listen to Kevin Young. If Tennessee can have the final visit, that would be huge for their chances of obtaining Lanier.

Think UK has a pretty solid roster if they get Lanier. Considering they started from nothing with Pope never recruiting at UK caliber school at least. It's obvious he's built at for his style of team and not just went after the highest rank players. Guess we'll see if that's how it continues in the future.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Really really happy with the roster coach Pat Kelsey put together. Great mix of talent, athleticism, experience, and an exciting incoming freshman. Really looking forward to this season. The first time I’ve actually cared in a while.

Kelsey has done more in 51 days than milk dud did in two years. lol Kenny Payne is such a ****ing loser.

It just means both are turning Kentucky into a Mormon state.
It is revival time in the state of Kentucky. UK has a Pope and Louisville are the Cardinals and the Mormons are behind everything.

Really really happy with the roster coach Pat Kelsey put together. Great mix of talent, athleticism, experience, and an exciting incoming freshman. Really looking forward to this season. The first time I’ve actually cared in a while.

Kelsey has done more in 51 days than milk dud did in two years. lol Kenny Payne is such a ****ing loser.

Based on the talent of the roster alone, it looks like a tournament team to me

Wes is a good coach. I think this is a good step in talent upgrade with the move to the Big 12.

He had some outstanding seasons at UNCG. I have high expectations for this upcoming team. Lots of athletes. Lots of returning players. Could be a second weekend team.

Lanier announces a tuesday visit for Tennessee. So we are getting the last visit, guessing he comes to give his NIL asking price

Lanier announces a tuesday visit for Tennessee. So we are getting the last visit, guessing he comes to give his NIL asking price
It seems obvious that only people (coaches) know what is truly going on, what has been asked for and what has been offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABVolsFan92

Already had Cincinnati in my way too early preseason top 25. They'll be a force next year.

Bummer

Took a visit to Miami recently and was really hoping we'd land him. Would've given Miami three really solid transfer bigs coming in.

Back to the drawing board now. They desperately need to find at least one more big to have a chance of having any kind of success this season.

Bummer

Took a visit to Miami recently and was really hoping we'd land him. Would've given Miami three really solid transfer bigs coming in.

Back to the drawing board now. They desperately need to find at least one more big to have a chance of having any kind of success this season.

Kind of surprising, tbh. I wouldn't think Cincinnati could compete with Miami, if NIL was the deciding factor.

Reactions: TKBray
What would you know about SR day? Y'all's players only play one year.
I would know that it would suck to lose on Senior Day, no matter how many seniors you have. That one poor guy in ut's Senior day festivities never even saw 1 minute of playing time in that game.

There have been Seniors in the UK Senior Day festivities in recent years, Della. Antonio Reeves, Brennan Canada, Kareem Watkins and Tre Mitchell were in the most recent one.

Now with the new regime, there will be more of them.

And just like that Louisville now has more BYU guys than Kentucky lol.

... What could these two be talking about?
th

@rockycard enjoying the taste of your foot, BLOCKHEAD?

I would know that it would suck to lose on Senior Day, no matter how many seniors you have. That one poor guy in ut's Senior day festivities never even saw 1 minute of playing time in that game.

There have been Seniors in the UK Senior Day festivities in recent years, Della. Antonio Reeves, Brennan Canada, Kareem Watkins and Tre Mitchell were in the most recent one.

Now with the new regime, there will be more of them.
Are you looking forward to the new regime? If it doesn't start off gang busters are you willing to be patient?

I think Trilly is wrong about Lanier. I think UT is very much alive in this one especially if he makes it to campus tomorrow morning

I can't keep up with the portal. I thought it was posted Small committed to Arkansas. Or was a different small.... Or am I just stupid.

Jeff, this has to be your longest lasting stupid fit. Snap out of it.
Wow Della, I have you all flustered. It’s not like you to call others names unless you're arguing with Scotty.

BpkySvah

This certainly won't hurt their chances of getting a commit from Lanier.

My gut says Tennessee lands Lanier... and Kentucky lands Jaxon Robinson.

BpkySvah

This certainly won't hurt their chances of getting a commit from Lanier.

My gut says Tennessee lands Lanier... and Kentucky lands Jaxon Robinson.

If Robinson pulls out of the draft, I think he’s going to KU. Several insiders feel pretty strongly about it. Unfortunately, it sounds like he’s leaning toward staying in the draft.

If Robinson pulls out of the draft, I think he’s going to KU. Several insiders feel pretty strongly about it. Unfortunately, it sounds like he’s leaning toward staying in the draft.

Things can change in a short period of time, but the BYU insiders are saying differently. I'd guess they'd have a better grasp on where he ends up. Of course if Lanier ends up at Kentucky, then Robinson almost certainly won't be there.

Reactions: JC for 3
The most talked about transfer on this thread. Looks like it's anybody's game at this point.

img_3151-jpeg.578362

Things can change in a short period of time, but the BYU insiders are saying differently. I'd guess they'd have a better grasp on where he ends up. Of course if Lanier ends up at Kentucky, then Robinson almost certainly won't be there.

That was posted a few days back, and the writer has zero credibility based on this alone:

There isn’t anyone that believes any schools other than Kentucky and BYU have a shot at landing Robinson, but there does seem to be a consensus about what will happen if he chooses to return to the college ranks.

I don't know what he'll end up doing, but that's just blatantly false.

That was posted a few days back, and the writer has zero credibility based on this alone:

There isn’t anyone that believes any schools other than Kentucky and BYU have a shot at landing Robinson, but there does seem to be a consensus about what will happen if he chooses to return to the college ranks.

I think he will choose the Vols.

What are you even talking about?
I'm sure you can put it together on your own, but I'll help you out.

I didn’t think we were calling each other stupid? Did you just run out of ammo? Or do you just have me confused with the KU fanboi?

I didn’t think we were calling each other stupid? Did you just run out of ammo? Or do you just have me confused with the KU fanboi?

Always on your mind. 😂

And no, della knew exactly who she was talking to. I'm pretty sure there's only one poster on this board who doesn't know how to structure a haiku. 🤣

Jeff, "stupid fit" was a throwback to me complaining about Devil's rule in the pick em where you and Kev benefited from doing awful in one week. I thought you would be able to pick up on it cause we joked about it.

I'm fond of you Jeff and have no desire to shoot you with ammo.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Always on your mind. 😂

And no, della knew exactly who she was talking to. I'm pretty sure there's only one poster on this board who doesn't know how to structure a haiku. 🤣
How'd you come to the conclusion I was referring to you???

This is further proof that you have no life and all you do is troll the board looking for UK fans and anyone that dares say anything slightly negative about KU. Such a loser.

Jeff, "stupid fit" was a throwback to me complaining about Devil's rule in the pick em where you and Kev benefited from doing awful in one week. I thought you would be able to pick up on it cause we joked about it.

I'm fond of you Jeff and have no desire to shoot you with ammo.
Ahhh, I didn't catch that reference. I kinda stayed out of whatever it was that happened there, but I fell off anyway, so it didn’t matter.

Reactions: della
How'd you come to the conclusion I was referring to you???

This is further proof that you have no life and all you do is troll the board looking for UK fans and anyone that dares say anything slightly negative about KU. Such a loser.

Gee, I wonder how I knew who you wuz referrin to...

Great point btw. For me to see a post in the most active thread on the board, I must be "trolling the board looking for UK fans!!"

Could you pack any more stupid into one post? 😆

Gee, I wonder how I knew who you wuz referrin to...

Great point btw. For me to see a post in the most active thread on the board, I must be "trolling the board looking for UK fans!!"

Could you pack any more stupid into one post? 😆
Captain Narcissist. You think everything is about you and Kansas. Newsflash, neither of you are that important.

• Haha

I'm guessing insiders from different schools aren't regularly swapping details on why they believe a player is coming to their school. I mean, a kid could speak very favorably of several schools. That's why I believe there were some saying Cooper Flagg might end up at KU. Duke insiders were saying it had essentially been a done deal for awhile. But, KU probably heard things that made them believe that they had a legitimate chance.

Maybe he does end up at KU. Idk. I just know Robinson is very close with Pope - and that is evidenced by Pope following him to the Draft Combine and cheering him on. And I think he'd have a decent chance to be UK's #1 scoring option. At Kansas, he's the #3 option, best-case scenario.

I'm guessing insiders from different schools aren't regularly swapping details on why they believe a player is coming to their school. I mean, a kid could speak very favorably of several schools. That's why I believe there were some saying Cooper Flagg might end up at KU. Duke insiders were saying it had essentially been a done deal for awhile. But, KU probably heard things that made them believe that they had a legitimate chance.

Maybe he does end up at KU. Idk. I just know Robinson is very close with Pope - and that is evidenced by Pope following him to the Draft Combine and cheering him on. And I think he'd have a decent chance to be UK's #1 scoring option. At Kansas, he's the #3 option, best-case scenario.

I don't think they ever thought KU had better than a 50/50 chance at Flagg, and even that was pretty brief. But the fact he ended up at Duke doesn't prove that he never considered any other options.

The people I'm referring to are right far more than they're wrong, and they don't usually put info out there unless they're confident about it.

Now they're expecting him to stay in the draft.

Captain Narcissist. You think everything is about you and Kansas. Newsflash, neither of you are that important.

Is that why you talk about me in every thread, big guy? 🤣

I wonder what a program has to do to be important

Obviously it's not sustained winning or recent glory... and it's clearly not about being able to attract one of your top choices for head coach....

Maybe "most important" = biggest underachiever?

Or did you mean importance to the NBA? Shit, I forgot...Stepping Stone U doesn’t produce NBA talent now. Well, look on the bright side--somebody's gotta sell Aflac, right?

Is that why you talk about me in every thread, big guy? 🤣

I wonder what a program has to do to be important

Obviously it's not sustained winning or recent glory... and it's clearly not about being able to attract one of your top choices for head coach....

Maybe "most important" = biggest underachiever?

Or did you mean importance to the NBA? Shit, I forgot...Stepping Stone U doesn’t produce NBA talent now. Well, look on the bright side--somebody's gotta sell Aflac, right?
I talk about you in every thread? Really? Is that a fact? I can't wait to see how you back out of this one.

I talk about you in every thread? Really? Is that a fact? I can't wait to see how you back out of this one.

Back out? 😆

Not every comment is meant to be literal, killer. You'll discover this when you grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT