ADVERTISEMENT

Have Fans of Teams turned you into being fans of their Teams?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I used to not like some teams but after talking to their fanbase, I can't but root for them.

Traditional rivals, don't care. I root for their teams when it used to be no rooting interest.

Those who harbor pettiness are on them. It's just not me.

I guess it's just where I'm at in life.

Last edited:
Every day that goes by, the animosity gets less and less. I don't care who wins at this point as I've made so many friends. Even if they overcome UK stats.

I used to not like some teams but after talking to their fanbase, I can't but root for them.

Traditional rivals, don't care. I root for their teams when it used to be no rooting interest.

Those who harbor pettiness are on them. It's just not me.

I guess it's just where I'm at in life.
Even tho they beat us, I was happy for @jhmossy and Virginia for winning the title. Mossy owned the loss to a 16 seed and didn't shy away from it. He showed up here knowing he and the Cavaliers would be ridiculed for it. I've tried to use him as an example over the last 12 months. I'm a lot more self deprecating than I used to be because of it.

And beyond Mossy, I think Tony Bennett is truly one of the good guys in the sport. If he can get an offensive coordinator, he can still get back to elite status.

I'm a San Diego St. fan, lived there for 27 years, went to alot of SDSU's football/ basketball games and my daughter went there.

I'm a fan also of the the smaller schools in NC who happen to make the tourney, like seeing those schools do well.

Even tho they beat us, I was happy for @jhmossy and Virginia for winning the title. Mossy owned the loss to a 16 seed and didn't shy away from it. He showed up here knowing he and the Cavaliers would be ridiculed for it. I've tried to use him as an example over the last 12 months. I'm a lot more self deprecating than I used to be because of it.

And beyond Mossy, I think Tony Bennett is truly one of the good guys in the sport. If he can get an offensive coordinator, he can still get back to elite status.

We can **** anytime you want

I find myself rooting for Purdue because of how classy their fans were in 2019. Plus, we are in rare company together.

Absolutely. It's how I became an LSU fan after spending the opening NCAA weekend in 1987 hanging with their fans at Rosemont Arena (now AllState Arena). As an impressionable 16 year old, their fans + the cinderella performance of LSU that weekend made me a fan for life.

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
I love the South Dakota State Fighting Jackrabbits and they always have good teams.
Used to go pheasant hunting near Pierre SD. for several years. Some great folks there.

ADVERTISEMENT