ADVERTISEMENT

Where do the real Blue Bloods go from here

Justin Edwards better hope the NBA lowers the rims by 6" so he doesn't get stuffed so often.

I don't get it, Edwards, Boston, Livingston and so many others, looked like ass in college, but still left after 1 year. Just let the top 25 ranked HS kids go to the GL right out of HS.

Edwards isn’t showing up on draft boards and he shouldn't, but thanks to Klutch and the NBA first culture Cal created at UK, these dudes only come here 1 year no matter what.

I really thought there was a bright spot with Justin's struggles, I figured we would get him for a 2nd year, but nope.

I can't wait until Calipari and this culture is gone from UK. Mitch Barnhart should be fired for drawing up that ridiculously 1 sided contract and allowing this clown to turn UK into an NBA farm system. What a joke.
I think it is a matter of Cal flipping a switch and putting UK first which he knows how to do. I think that will happen next year.

However, have you thought about the fact that aTm could fire Cal and then hire him back only to fire him again with the money they spent to fire Jimbo?

I think it is a matter of Cal flipping a switch and putting UK first which he knows how to do. I think that will happen next year.

However, have you thought about the fact that aTm could fire Cal and then hire him back only to fire him again with the money they spent to fire Jimbo?
Yeah, aTm has deeper pockets. They psid ole Jimbo s ton of money to not coach there anymore.

Cal can't just flip a switch and change the culture. It's not that easy, especially when the 6 kids you have coming in for 24/25 were recruited under the current culture. They aren't coming to UK for UK and they aren't coming to stay.

Also, cal will never change… ever. He gets off on anything NBA and it's very weird to me, all the kids that have gone on to the NBA from UK, were going to the NBA no matter where they went to school, but, for whatever reason, Cal takes the credit for the billions those guys are making in the league. It’s a really weird obsession, but unfortunately for UK fans, we're stuck with him.

It's hilarious, he never brags about UK, he just goes on about the new kids he has coming in, the draft and NBA contracts, but he never stops and thinks about the fact that he's had all that talent and he only has 1 title and a whole bunch of losses to underdogs and teams with far less talent. But that doesn't bother him. Weird dude.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Yeah, aTm has deeper pockets. They psid ole Jimbo s ton of money to not coach there anymore.

Cal can't just flip a switch and change the culture. It's not that easy, especially when the 6 kids you have coming in for 24/25 were recruited under the current culture. They aren't coming to UK for UK and they aren't coming to stay.

Also, cal will never change… ever. He gets off on anything NBA and it's very weird to me, all the kids that have gone on to the NBA from UK, were going to the NBA no matter where they went to school, but, for whatever reason, Cal takes the credit for the billions those guys are making in the league. It’s a really weird obsession, but unfortunately for UK fans, we're stuck with him.

It's hilarious, he never brags about UK, he just goes on about the new kids he has coming in, the draft and NBA contracts, but he never stops and thinks about the fact that he's had all that talent and he only has 1 title and a whole bunch of losses to underdogs and teams with far less talent. But that doesn't bother him. Weird dude.
Well Jeff, you heard it here first. So, don't say you knew he would turn it around when it was me that told you. Btw, for the following year I'm the most knowledgeable poster on the CBB board.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Well Jeff, you heard it here first. So, don't say you knew he would turn it around when it was me that told you. Btw, for the following year I'm the most knowledgeable poster on the CBB board.
Nah, seen this kind of stuff throughout history, old guys never change and they just widfle away and it usually happens after tgey reach their pinnacle and get the big contract.
But Cal is even worse, he’s a huge narcissist and would rather throw a season away just to show everyone it's his way or no way and that’s what we have seen the last 6 or 7 years and he gets more stubborn and lazy each year.

Nah, seen this kind of stuff throughout history, old guys never change and they just widfle away and it usually happens after tgey reach their pinnacle and get the big contract.
But Cal is even worse, he’s a huge narcissist and would rather throw a season away just to show everyone it's his way or no way and that’s what we have seen the last 6 or 7 years and he gets more stubborn and lazy each year.
Remember and then sing my praise.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Remember and then sing my praise.
Funny thing is, I am at the.point whete I hate the guy. I hate that he has turned UK into an NBA farm system, I hate that he puts the NBA draft in front of UK, I hate how he refuses to play his best players and I hate how he talks down to the fans that pay his salary and fill every arena, BUT, I want to like him again, he just makes it impossible to do.

He knows what he needs to do to fix this, but to this point, he isn’t doing it.

Funny thing is, I am at the.point whete I hate the guy. I hate that he has turned UK into an NBA farm system, I hate that he puts the NBA draft in front of UK, I hate how he refuses to play his best players and I hate how he talks down to the fans that pay his salary and fill every arena, BUT, I want to like him again, he just makes it impossible to do.

He knows what he needs to do to fix this, but to this point, he isn’t doing it.
Sounds miserable.

Sounds miserable.
For the fans, yes, but not for Cal. Dude's gettin' 9 million a year to get AD, Wall, Towns, Fox, Monk, Randle, Maxey and Booker into the NBA. I mean, there was no way in hell those guys get to the NBA without Cal's help.
It'll be a shame if Edwards and DJ don't get drafted this year, I mean, it was more important to play those two guys endlessly, instead of the lineups that actually won games. Getting guys drafted is just more important I guess. Yeah NBA draft.

Reactions: Sparty_57
For the fans, yes, but not for Cal. Dude's gettin' 9 million a year to get AD, Wall, Towns, Fox, Monk, Randle, Maxey and Booker into the NBA. I mean, there was no way in hell those guys get to the NBA without Cal's help.
It'll be a shame if Edwards and DJ don't get drafted this year, I mean, it was more important to play those two guys endlessly, instead of the lineups that actually won games. Getting guys drafted is just more important I guess. Yeah NBA draft.
As somber as I can ask this, do you like UK players. ? We have a few coming in, what do you think fo them? Are they taiinted by Calipari>

I guess what I'm asking is, would you become a UK fan again if Cal wasn't the coach? Do you have restrictions on the fanhood? Would you llike Edwards, or others if he was a Pitino/Tubby/Gilliepie recruit?

Would a couple of bad breaks change your entire perception of Calipari and his players?

*I'm sorry for asking this will just lead to more negativity. I enjoyed this season. It was a fun year. Said so many times. Canada, Rob Dillingham going off, UNC, @Auburn @UT, Reed's game winner. IDK, I guess I've watched more losses. It doesn't affect me as much. IDK, have fun with that.

Last edited:
I totally get your position because I think it is very similar to my own. I'm a UT fan and you're a UK fan and that is about it. We don't care much for the NBA. WE want our teams to do well and that is where it is at. There is no higher goal than our teams performing at the highest level they can perform.

As somber as I can ask this, do you like UK players. ? We have a few coming in, what do you think fo them? Are they taiinted by Calipari>

I guess what I'm asking is, would you become a UK fan again if Cal wasn't the coach? Do you have restrictions on the fanhood? Would you llike Edwards, or others if he was a Pitino/Tubby/Gilliepie recruit?

Would a couple of bad breaks change your entire perception of Calipari and his players?

*I'm sorry for asking this will just lead to more negativity. I enjoyed this season. It was a fun year. Said so many times. Canada, Rob Dillingham going off, UNC, @Auburn @UT, Reed's game winner. IDK, I guess I've watched more losses. It doesn't affect me as much. IDK, have fun with that.
Would I become a UK fan again… huh? You misunderstand, Ihm a UK fan, obviously you are a bigger fan of Calipari.
I'd feel different if he cared more about UK than the draft.
Ihm impressed that you’re still hanging on despite all the failures and bad losses, but hey, draft night 2010 was, by Cal's words, "the greatest night in UK history".

I totally get your position because I think it is very similar to my own. I'm a UT fan and you're a UK fan and that is about it. We don't care much for the NBA. WE want our teams to do well and that is where it is at. There is no higher goal than our teams performing at the highest level they can perform.
Yeah, I don't give a rip about the NBA, but that is Cal's passion and he would rather lose his way than do what's best for the program and for that, he’s a piece of shit in my eyes.

Reed Sheppard went from 4* recruit, to lottery pick, but since he wasn't one of Cal's favorites, he got put on the back burner and was used as a way to taunt UK fans (Cal in post game comments: "your guy had 4 turnovers today"). He uses players as the rope in his tug-of-war with the fans. Reed is a home grown kid and the fans love him, Cal loves to taint the fans and when UK wins, he’s all about calling everyone out. He's a POS.

Like I said, if given the choice, he would rather get players drafted than win a national title and it isn't close. If there's a UK fan out there that doesn't yet see this, well, they aren't very perceptive.

Yeah, I don't give a rip about the NBA, but that is Cal's passion and he would rather lose his way than do what's best for the program and for that, he’s a piece of shit in my eyes.

Reed Sheppard went from 4* recruit, to lottery pick, but since he wasn't one of Cal's favorites, he got put on the back burner and was used as a way to taunt UK fans (Cal in post game comments: "your guy had 4 turnovers today"). He uses players as the rope in his tug-of-war with the fans. Reed is a home grown kid and the fans love him, Cal loves to taint the fans and when UK wins, he’s all about calling everyone out. He's a POS.

Like I said, if given the choice, he would rather get players drafted than win a national title and it isn't close. If there's a UK fan out there that doesn't yet see this, well, they aren't very perceptive.
Yeah, Shepard is the local son that actually loved UK because it was his home state school and he was raised that way. That is much different that a paid player that is really only concerned with advancing themselves and couldn't give two hoots for their school.

Yeah, Shepard is the local son that actually loved UK because it was his home state school and he was raised that way. That is much different that a paid player that is really only concerned with advancing themselves and couldn't give two hoots for their school.
If Cal was all about UK and didn't create the NBA first culture, I would be his biggest fan. I do believe he's trying hard, but he's doing it with NBA draft stock as the priority. If winning was his highest priority, he would be playing his best players, but he hasn't done that since the 19/20 season. Something changed after that season that made him really focus on draft stock and if I had to guess, it is things said during recruiting he had to say/promise to get kids to commit.

You would figure he would learn his lesson after the 9-16 BJ Boston team, but nope, it's an every year thing now. He allowed Boston to do whatever he wanted while other players got benched for minor things. Boston did everything possible to lose games, but due to recruiting promises made, Boston stayed in there until he put the final nail in our coffin each game.

I don't know why he felt the need to kiss Wheeler's ass, but he did for 2 years. The 21/22 team was a great team with Tyty Washington at pg and the 22/23 team was better with Cason Wallace (a shootong guard) at pg, but Cal stuck with Wheeler and as soon as he got desperate and pulled Wheeler out of that starting pg spot, Wheeler pouted, took his ball and went home. Cal had to lie and claim it was an injury. What coach does this crap? It’s the players-first culture he created and now he has to cater to their demands. I don't know of another program that does this.

Then there's that disgusting Schaedon Sharp fiasco that happened.

I'm so ready for Cal and his bs culture to be gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
If Cal was all about UK and didn't create the NBA first culture, I would be his biggest fan. I do believe he's trying hard, but he's doing it with NBA draft stock as the priority. If winning was his highest priority, he would be playing his best players, but he hasn't done that since the 19/20 season. Something changed after that season that made him really focus on draft stock and if I had to guess, it is things said during recruiting he had to say/promise to get kids to commit.

You would figure he would learn his lesson after the 9-16 BJ Bostin team, but nope, it's an every year thing now. He allowed Boston to do whatever he wanted while other players got benched for minor things. Boston did everything possible to lose games, but due to recruiting promises made, Boston stayed in there intil he put the final nail in our coffin each game.

I don't know why he felt the need to kiss Wheeler's ass, but he did for 2 years. The 21/22 team was a great team with Tyty Washington at pg and the 22/23 team was better with Cason Wallace (a shootong guard) at pg, but Cal stuck with Wheeler and as soon as he got desperate and pulled Wheeler out of that starting pg spot, Wheeler pouted, took his ball and went home. Cal had to lie and claim it was an injury. What coach does this crap? It’s the players-first culture he created and now he has to cater to their demands. I don't know of another program that does this.

Then there's that disgusting Schaedon Sharp fiasco that happened.

I'm so ready for Cal and his bs culture to be gone.
Just remember and then sing my praises.

• Haha
You know, ohhhh you know. Remember "c'mon Della, my friends are watching"?
Jeff, I'd like to help you, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jeff, I'd like to help you, but I have no idea what you're talking about.
Ohhhh, I see, selective memory. I bet you become an archaeologist, digging up the past, when it’s something that favors your point. I see. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Ohhhh, I see, selective memory. I bet you become an archaeologist, digging up the past, when it’s something that favors your point. I see. 😂
one-version-of-nefertitis-official-portrait-anna-stevens.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh, it was a joke. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Keep in mind dearest Della, I have never squared off with you that I can recall, I've always tried to keep it real, or light hearted. So your first reaction should be "haha, that was funny, he was just funnin' with me". 😁

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Keep in mind dearest Della, I have never squared off with you that I can recall, I've always tried to keep it real, or light hearted. So your first reaction should be "haha, that was funny, he was just funnin' with me". 😁
Yeah, you have always been fine, but don't I have an intellectual responsibility to laugh at only funny jokes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT