ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

10/1 they're dating now.

Humphries came out of the closet, has Luke Maye?
Then I’m guessing he’s sitting on one of these while he’s playing.
IMG-9340.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Melbourne is the birthplace of 3 different #1 overall picks: Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving, and Ben Simmons. In the past 40 years, no other city in the world can claim that.

Duke has had 3 Aussies if you count Irving. Jack White and Tyrese Proctor, of course, are the other two.

Taran Armstrong didn't get much attention because he played at California Baptist. Would have loved to seen him play on a bigger stage. He entered the portal last year; had he not gone pro (back to Australia), I think he would have ended up at Gonzaga. I hope he's able to to play in the NBA in the future. A very exciting player to watch.

Melbourne is the birthplace of 3 different #1 overall picks: Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving, and Ben Simmons. In the past 40 years, no other city in the world can claim that.

Duke has had 3 Aussies if you count Irving. Jack White and Tyrese Proctor, of course, are the other two.
Irving is Australian??? I never knew that.

Doesn’t McCain have some kind of ties to Australia also?

Sort of. His dad was playing professionally in Australia. He was born in Melbourne, and the family left when he was 2. He's a thousand times more American than Australian, but he does hold dual citizenship.
let's just put it like this. Irving is more Australian than Embiid is American.

UW has the capacity to have one of the more competitive NIL collectives in the country. UW is always going to prioritize football. But, if Sprinkle can show he's capable of winning, he'll get plenty of talented players in the future.

I'd guess donors were tired of Hopkins, so they weren't as willing to donate these past few seasons. Bring in a new coach that excites the fanbase? That can be a game changer. He's got to win, though. Winning will lead to more funding from boosters.

I predict these donors are going to start backing off on the amount of money they are willing to pay. I'm not just talking about Washington, I'm talking about every school. Paying college kids this much money is a very poor investment.
Apparently Justin Edwards and DJ Wagner made 700k last year. Whoever paid those dudes, has to feel like they lost their asses.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
This is big time for us, especially if the rumors about Elijah Gertrude getting in a major accident and missing the entire season are true.

Doubtful... but Pope will have a very deep team.

Kriisa is a much better shooter than Butler; that's the only area where he excels over Butler, IMO.

But yes, I'm sure they'll run at least 9 deep. If you all land Chaz Lanier, he might be the only one averaging close to 30 minutes.

Reactions: JC for 3
Thoughts on UVA’s roster @dukedevilz?

Feel like we’ve raised our floor a lot for next year. Ceiling is TBD but I really like all the additions.

Kerr Kriisa over Lamont Butler in the starting lineup?
I doubt Kriisa starts over Butler (at least I hope not). If they get Lanier or Robinson (won't be both) that also won't round out their roster. They're gonna fill all 13. Almonor is likely to commit soon and they'll save the 13th scholly for a later date (potential reclass or draft withdrawal).

Reactions: dukedevilz
Lanier is still going to visit Tennessee this week, if it comes down to money he will choose Kentucky but if he wants to be coached on his defense to get better he will choose Barnes and UT

Reactions: della
Feel like we’ve raised our floor a lot for next year. Ceiling is TBD but I really like all

Will Andrew Rohde be playing 25 minutes a game? Because if so, I'm not liking your chances of making the tournament. Who do you see as the top 6-7 players in minutes?

Reactions: jhmossy
Will Andrew Rohde be playing 25 minutes a game? Because if so, I'm not liking your chances of making the tournament. Who do you see as the top 6-7 players in minutes?

God I hope not. He is a good ball handler, passer and solid defender so I could see him getting decent minutes still. His shooting was abysmal though and that’s what he was supposedly known for lol.

But I think the top 6-7 guys will be Ames, McKneely, Warley, Power, Saunders, Buchanan and Rohde/Murray. Maybe Gertrude if his injury isn’t as bad as it sounds. Bliss and Cofie are the wildcards for me but my guess is their minutes will be reduced with the new additions.

Last edited:
God I hope not. He is a good ball handler, passer and solid defender so I could see him getting decent minutes still. His shooting was abysmal though and that’s what he was supposedly known for lol.

But I think the top 6-7 guys will be Ames, McKneely, Warley, Power, Saunders, Buchanan and Rohde/Murray. Maybe Gertrude if his injury isn’t as bad as it sounds. Bliss and Cofie are the wildcards for me but my guess is their minutes will be reduced with the new additions.

Too many unknowns for me. Don't really have proven players outside of Warley and McKneely. Ames, Saunders, Power, and Buchanan will all have much larger roles next season. Good thing is, they're all highly rated - and 3 of the 4 will be rising sophomores, the year which we typically see the most development from players.

My gut instinct says the floor is NIT and the ceiling is 2nd Round team (25-65 range). The defense should be solid, once again. Biggest concern is who can UVA rely on for consistent scoring outside of McKneely? I wonder if Bennett would utilize Power in a role similar to that of Vander Plas, a playmaking forward? This past season, Power mostly just stood in the corner/wing. But, I know he's capable of more than jacking up 3s. He can facilitate.

I also like the idea of surrounding Warley (or Ames) with a bunch of shooters. So maybe decent PT for Murray (steal some of Rohde's minutes)... I do like Cofie as a wildcard. Great athlete. Would love to see him in the rotation. Bottom line for me is, the defense will be fine. Gotta find ways to generate more offense. If Warley & Power can be double-digit scorers (and relatively efficient), I'd like UVAs chances of being closer to a top 25 team.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT