ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

Zion has filed a protective order. This is going to get interesting.

If this person finds a way to legally extort money from zion/Nike/duke then I can only imagine the number of copycats licking their chops.

Id imagine some would sell out their own kids for 100 mil

edit- guess that would be self incriminating at some point. Idk it’s been suggested on here that Nike has loop holes to legally pay players although the source isn’t exactly iron clad.

It’s not extortion. It’s a lawsuit. She claims he broke a contract. He claims she wasn’t an agent in NC so the contract was void. Her claim is then that because he received illegal benefits then he was not protected by the law

They are def the most protected program in the nation. And have been the media darlings for a while now, esp espn, since the 2015 natty imo. And before that too, but UK got as much if not more “media love” from 2012-2015, which I mean is warranted imo bc they fielded 2 of the most talented teams ever during that time frame in 2012 and 2015.

Kinda Crazy that Duke won both years that UK had the most talented team in the nation imo, and would probably rank up there in best teams of all time if they had went on and won the title imo, with Wall/cousins/Bledsoe and company and then the 2015 38-0 team.

Ks rarely ever has had a bad word said about him despite some questionable shit going on, from Maggette to Lance Thomas to Bagley. And I agree Any other coach would be getting railed right now in the media and the court of public opinion over this zion stuff. That piece Bomani Jones really swayed by opinion on how K is treated differently than any other coach. Granted he will probably go down as the greatest coach ever, and has the rings to back it up, but that shouldn’t be a free pass from criticism.

And I’m not really a big Duke hater, esp ever since we were fortunate enough to land in the ACC. Don’t get me wrong I don’t root for em unless they are playing UK, but I don’t root against em unless it helps us in the conf standings or I bet against em.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
With a slow news cycle and people hungering for sports related news.......Its pretty GD crazy this isnt plastered all over espn.....or even one single mention.

It isn't surprising. If it was a number of other programs it would be all over the site, scrolling constantly across the bottom, and talked about on every single show they do.

Reactions: Villian07
I have no doubt Zion's family took some money and got impermissible benefits. A lot of players do and it would be pretty naive to think that dude didn't. OTOH, I don't think there is any way Duke and K are out there doling out payments for guys.

Reactions: tw3301
I have no doubt Zion's family took some money and got impermissible benefits. A lot of players do and it would be pretty naive to think that dude didn't. OTOH, I don't think there is any way Duke and K are out there doling out payments for guys.
Agree, 100%....I have zero doubt that Langford's family got some love...I do however doubt 100% that one single dime came from Indiana, or Miller. I mean lets be real here....If you think with the type of $$$ that is out there, that kids are saying "No", and going somewhere else to play for absolutely nothing....

Then you are fcking stupid.

Agree, 100%....I have zero doubt that Langford's family got some love...I do however doubt 100% that one single dime came from Indiana, or Miller. I mean lets be real here....If you think with the type of $$$ that is out there, that kids are saying "No", and going somewhere else to play for absolutely nothing....

Then you are fcking stupid.
our recruits get paid on draft night. woohoo best night of their career and UK'sl history.

I doubt it will get interesting. I think it will be the opposite. It means everything he allegedly received to go to Duke will never see the light of day.

If the motion is granted, you’re right. But given that Ford’s entire theory of the case rests on whether or not Zion was an eligible NCAA athlete, there’s at least a decent chance the judge tells Zion and his attorneys to pound salt and go answer the questions.

This is lawyering 101. You toss out as many tactics as you can that delay and give you a possibility of removing evidence or leverage from the table and hope something sticks.

Reactions: RipThru
Some of you are idiots if you think these coaches aren't well insulated from the backend of the recruiting process by design. It matters not if Archie, K, Cal, or anyone else knew about it or endorsed the check because of a little thing called Strict LIability. I'm not sure why this is a focal point of conversation.

Some of you are idiots if you think these coaches aren't well insulated from the backend of the recruiting process by design. It matters not if Archie, K, Cal, or anyone else knew about it or endorsed the check because of a little thing called Strict LIability. I'm not sure why this is a focal point of conversation.

Except Will Wade. Damn that guy is a moron.

He was a starter on the team that won a title. Hell yes he was worth it and the NCAA refused to check the payola out.
Get over it Bert. No one thought Lance would be an NBA player. He was the 5 th starter on a team that over achieved. He hustled and played D. The supposed jewelry transaction took place when he was home over Christmas. No booster or anyone affiliated with Duke was buying him jewelry if they had a brain.
If you know something different, please share.

what do you feel the outcome will be in this case?
TYp3S.gif

You know how this ends........ if the judge allows the questions to remain, Zion will pay the agent and settle.

LOL at KU and UL fans praying Nike and Duke get busted.....

Little different scenario.....Not apples to apples.
It's pretty damn close.

The NCAA has shown that in some cases they will look for a reason to clear a kid and in some cases they look for reasons to send a message. They play favorites and nobody can deny that.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT