ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

Reactions: Random UK Fan
THing is, they make fun of other fan bases for talking about UK....Yet, I mean here they are, yacking about Duke, Kansas and UL. I mean there's a 5 year old thread about Indiana on RR's....THere's a 400 million page thread about UL... Then on here, when KU is mentioned in such scandal----UK fans are givin the business....And the same with Duke. And its the same with Louisville.

Pure gold some of the dudes...

You act like other fan bases don’t do the same thing. You think IU fans along with every other fan base wasn’t “giving UK the business” about UK hiring Cal? Every fan base does it and if anybody is dumb enough to sit here and say theirs doesn’t you’re a complete dumbass. It’s dumb as hell for any of us to sit here and say this fan base does this and this fan base does that. We all do it no matter what it is.

You act like other fan bases don’t do the same thing. You think IU fans along with every other fan base wasn’t “giving UK the business” about UK hiring Cal? Every fan base does it and if anybody is dumb enough to sit here and say theirs doesn’t you’re a complete dumbass. It’s dumb as hell for any of us to sit here and say this fan base does this and this fan base does that. We all do it no matter what it is.
Where did I insinuate no one else does so? I didn't. THing is, and here is the difference---is those other fan bases admit as much. Not so with some/many, of BBN. A lot of you feel UK is above such actions...You call folks obsessed...Yet, I mean, there's a FIVE YEAR OLD thread on your homeboard, pertaining to IU...A bazzilion page thread about UL....Another long as thrad about Duke.....Kansas....UNC...

And then over here? Same shit. Raggin' on KU, Duke, UL...With no in-between. No rational. You harp tht the Cal is clean b/c the NCAA cleared him. Yet chastise the same NCAA that cleared UNC. What ****in sense does that make?

Anyways---I like ya Scotty. You can be one the better from BBN. Always have been.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Wrong again. I challenge you to find a single post in which I piled on Louisville, UNC, etc or called for major punishments.

I'm not a hypocritical, head-in-the-sand porch-
Wrong again. I challenge you to find a single post in which I piled on Louisville, UNC, etc or called for major punishments.

I'm not a hypocritical, head-in-the-sand porch-pisser.
I’m talking if the shoe was on Kentucky’s foot or Duke! Plus you never said anything negative about UNC during that ordeal? But I was mainly talking about the shoe being on Cal and UK. Hell you post in ever thread your in something about Kentucky! If that shoe was on the other foot, you would be on here claiming UK should get the death penalty. Also, I asked where was all these facts you say you have regarding UK cheating!

Then at least you wouldn’t be

Then at least you wouldn’t come off as arrogant, entitled, assholes that think every kid that has come through your program happily turned down 6 figures from other programs just to play at yours for free.

rotflmao........... Cal's first 6 years up to the FBI case your fan base accused UK of paying players but when asked what about the players you get, ever single one of you UL fans gave some excuse on why UL players did things the right way.

No one felt sorry for us in the 80's even though everyone was paying players then too.

if you want UK fans to stop pointing at UL and treating you like the scum of college basketball for all the cheating....... maybe you shouldnt of been accusing UK for years ....... while your own damn program was cheating.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and RipThru
rotflmao........... Cal's first 6 years up to the FBI case your fan base accused UK of paying players but when asked what about the players you get, ever single one of you UL fans gave some excuse on why UL players did things the right way.

No one felt sorry for us in the 80's even though everyone was paying players then too.

if you want UK fans to stop pointing at UL and treating you like the scum of college basketball for all the cheating....... maybe you shouldnt of been accusing UK for years ....... while your own damn program was cheating.

What message board were you on in the 80’s

“Everybody was paying players in the 80s! But don’t accuse us now without proof!”

Must be the first school ever to get far better players after cleaning up the program.Laughing
KU?

I wonder if some players/players moms/grandmoms etc.want their kid to go to an upstanding school.Play for a coach that will push them, and make every day hard for them, and help them reach their dreams and max contracts asap.

If you think I'm insulating that's UK, then that's on you.

*btw, you ain't reading my shit right, or I ain't mocking it right.

Last edited:
What message board were you on in the 80’s

People dont talk to each other unless its on the internet? but if you need internet proof... look up threads over message boards about our 80's scandal.... and the SI cover of Kentucky's shame and see all the opposing fans just blistering UK ... you wont see many people forgiving us because everyone was cheating too.

“Everybody was paying players in the 80s! But don’t accuse us now without proof!”

it completely went over your head that my point was you guys are saying everyone cheats now........... and you KU fans and UL fans didnt hold that belief back in the 80's .... amazing how you only think that way after you got caught.

Your absolutely right, if u would have bet me we were paying players based on the quality of recruit and avg recruiting class rankings you could have taken my life savings (not much lol just making the point).

But if The shoe was on the other foot and Louisville was recruiting at an unprecedented level in the history of college basketball year after year after year, y’all would have been making accusations as well, like you have been at duke since they recently started getting bk to bk #1 classes and yes that was even before this recent zion shit broke.

In the end your gonna think what you wanna think and I’m gonna think what I’m gonna think, and we aren’t gonna talk thru this and end up at a place where either one of us has changed our mind.

imo it’s been going on for decades at every competitive school on the map. You pointed out paying players was happening in the 80s (and long before imo) and obv in 2017-2018 when the fbi got involved. But you still think Cal/UK/Nike weren’t doing it while they were racking up some the best recruiting classes in history Cals first 5-6 years at UK? And you can have that opinion bc there’s no proof of anything directly tying uk to anything, except for “blanket statements” ie no specifics.

But I can also have my opinion based on the landscape of college basketball and the fact that UK routinely recruits players against the likes of Kansas, Zona, and Louisville (teams caught red handed paying 6 figures) and wins quite a few of those recruiting battles, to the point UK has outrecruited everyone but duke the last couple of years, recruiting class wise since cal became the coach. You call it accusations I call it connecting dots.

but in the end, going back to mr barracus and his genius hypothetical, if someone had a gun to your head asking you questions about UKs recruiting I have a feeling you’d have much different opinions and answers than what you type on an anonymous message board. But maybe not, I don’t know you anymore than you know me.

Your absolutely right, if u would have bet me we were paying players based on the quality of recruit and avg recruiting class rankings you could have taken my life savings (not much lol just making the point).

But if The shoe was on the other foot and Louisville was recruiting at an unprecedented level in the history of college basketball year after year after year, y’all would have been making accusations as well, like you have been at duke since they recently started getting bk to bk #1 classes and yes that was even before this recent zion shit broke.

In the end your gonna think what you wanna think and I’m gonna think what I’m gonna think, and we aren’t gonna talk thru this and end up at a place where either one of us has changed our mind.

imo it’s been going on for decades at every competitive school on the map. You pointed out paying players was happening in the 80s (and long before imo) and obv in 2017-2018 when the fbi got involved. But you still think Cal/UK/Nike weren’t doing it while they were racking up some the best recruiting classes in history Cals first 5-6 years at UK? And you can have that opinion bc there’s no proof of anything directly tying uk to anything, except for “blanket statements” ie no specifics.

But I can also have my opinion based on the landscape of college basketball and the fact that UK routinely recruits players against the likes of Kansas, Zona, and Louisville (teams caught red handed paying 6 figures) and wins quite a few of those recruiting battles, to the point UK has outrecruited everyone but duke the last couple of years, recruiting class wise since cal became the coach. You call it accusations I call it connecting dots.

but in the end, going back to mr barracus and his genius hypothetical, if someone had a gun to your head asking you questions about UKs recruiting I have a feeling you’d have much different opinions and answers than what you type on an anonymous message board. But maybe not, I don’t know you anymore than you know me.
Logic would suggest the two teams getting the best recruiting classes must be paying players...yet here we are.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
And there were certainly more schools paying players than just the ones the fbi caught. No way in hell the fbi is competent enough to catch every single school involved.

In fact they openly admitted to having an selective agenda to go after certain ones (Pitino and adidas)

And there were certainly more schools paying players than just the ones the fbi caught. No way in hell the fbi is competent enough to catch every single school involved.

In fact they openly admitted to having an selective agenda to go after certain ones (Pitino and adidas)

or maybe, Nike was doing it smarter and using loop holes to where the FBI didnt have anything on them.

That’s very possible as well. Idk a scenario where you can funnel tax free $$$ to a player or their family without it being illegal, and certainly not without costing the kid his eligibility as an “amateur” but there’s the texts between the Nike high-up and Kenny Payne detailing how Nike had to pay “small ransoms” to keep kids on their Nike aau teams/circuit so I guess anything is possible, bc we all know the ncaa cleared most of not all of those very kids, without even knowing any names, bc if not there would have been a shit ton more players lose eligibility than Bowen and De Sousa. But for whatever reason, that doesn’t concern the fbi.

Id say the more likely explanation is that the FBI caught a few Nike flys in their adidas web. It certainly makes sense from the point of all the Nike chatter going on in the same time frame just went away, or wasn’t allowed in court or whatever they decided. If Miller and Wade hadn’t literally hung themselves on the wiretap, they probably would have skated on by as well. It’s a mini miracle imo that both are still drawing a paycheck, but it is what it is.

Also I’d say the realization wasn’t we got caught so everyone must be cheating, the realization was dam, we are cheating too.

Last edited:
That’s very possible as well. Idk a scenario where you can funnel tax free $$$ to a player or their family without it being illegal, and certainly not without costing the kid his eligibility as an “amateur” but there’s the texts between the Nike high-up and Kenny Payne detailing how Nike had to pay “small ransoms” to keep kids on their Nike aau teams/circuit so I guess anything is possible, bc we all know the ncaa cleared most of not all of those very kids, without even knowing any names, bc if not there would have been a shit ton more players lose eligibility than Bowen and De Sousa. But for whatever reason, that doesn’t concern the fbi.

Id say the more likely explanation is that the FBI caught a few Nike flys in their adidas web. It certainly makes sense from the point of all the Nike chatter going on in the same time frame just went away, or wasn’t allowed in court or whatever they decided. If Miller and Wade hadn’t literally hung themselves on the wiretap, they probably would have skated on by as well. It’s a mini miracle imo that both are still drawing a paycheck, but it is what it is.

Also I’d say the realization wasn’t we got caught so everyone must be cheating, the realization was dam, we are cheating too.
I will impressed by hoe you guys can handle the 5 lvl 1 infractions. You're a blue blood, so I'm sure you can do it.

I will impressed by hoe you guys can handle the 5 lvl 1 infractions. You're a blue blood, so I'm sure you can do it.

Dunno if you quoted the wrong person, but I’m not a KU fan. I’m a Louisville fan. I don’t think we got 5 level 1 infractions but I KNOW uk fans don’t consider us a blue blood. (Nor does anyone else lol)

Logic would suggest the two teams getting the best recruiting classes must be paying players...yet here we are.

Theres a diff in not paying players and not getting caught.

“You get whatever you want at UK” - Doron Lamb

“That’s what they pay me to do” - John Wall in a PC after making a game winning shot.

You talk about everyone because of your paranoia as a fan base. Its funny. You call such and such obsessed----Yet, I mean God damn---You guys have a 5 YEAR OLD THREAD about Indiana on RR's. A 400 million page thread about UL...

And then it was KU....

Now its Duke....

Funny.

But, your still my dude. But God damn, man....You guys. ****....

I'm not sure why you are in the thread? This Is a discussion involving power five big boys. Indiana is closer to a mid major.

Reactions: RipThru
Theres a diff in not paying players and not getting caught.

“You get whatever you want at UK” - Doron Lamb

“That’s what they pay me to do” - John Wall in a PC after making a game winning shot.

Wall said that?

That’s gold. RollLaugh

Very much so. Swept neatly under the rug as a slip of the tongue, and that he really meant it figuratively not literally.

Back to the topic...

Some interesting bullet points.

5. Admit that you knew that Sharonda Sampson demanded and received gifts and economic benefits from persons acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence you to attend Duke University to play basketball.

6. Admit that you knew that Lee Anderson demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence you to attend Duke University to play basketball.

7. Admit that you knew that Sharonda Sampson demanded and received gifts, money and/or benefits from persons on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence you to attend Duke University to play basketball.

8. Admit that you knew Lee Anderson demanded and received gifts, money and/or benefits from persons on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence you to attend Duke University to play basketball.

9. Admit that you knew that Sharonda Sampson demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons on behalf of Nike (directly and/or indirectly) to influence you to attend Duke University to play basketball.

idk If u messed up posting wise but u repeated the same paragraphs a few times each

idk If u messed up posting wise but u repeated the same paragraphs a few times each

I just copied and pasted from a different site, but yeah, a few are basically identical with slightly different wording.

It’s all a moot point. The NCAA will do nothing to their business partner Nike and its top programs. They’ve proven this again and again.

Hell, even Arizona hasn’t received an NOA and they have the coach dead to rights.

Reactions: Villian07
I just copied and pasted from a different site, but yeah, a few are basically identical with slightly different wording.

lmao I didn’t even notice, they are so closely worded I didn’t even notice the second paragraphs only mentioned Nike not duke.

I still don’t understand how this isn’t blackmail, but again I don’t really care.

It’s all a moot point. The NCAA will do nothing to their business partner Nike and its top programs. They’ve proven this again and again.

Hell, even Arizona hasn’t received an NOA and they have the coach dead to rights.

Truth, I figured out the Nike side of things was all a charade when all the Nike stuff that came out during the scandal was magically unadmissable in court, or couldn’t be used by the NCAA, or whatever they decided that defied all logic. And then when the FBI released that they had their certain agenda when orchestrating this, It was just more reinforcement that Nike had a get out of jail free card.

Truth, I figured out the Nike side of things was all a charade when all the Nike stuff that came out during the scandal was magically unadmissable in court, or couldn’t be used by the NCAA, or whatever they decided that defied all logic. And then when the FBI released that they had their certain agenda when orchestrating this, It was just more reinforcement that Nike had a get out of jail free card.
PPl have get a jail free cards with the FBI?

What did the FBI release?

PPl have get a jail free cards with the FBI?

Not sure why FBI targeted specifically targeted adidas, when they only represent up a small percentage of NCAA schools. Possibly bc they are a European company and thus don’t make as many if any contributions to various American Orginazarions. I mean UA and Nike schools got caught up in it as well, so it’s not like adidas schools were the only ones doin it.

seriously though, not my best choice of words in the post you quoted lol good catch.

Last edited:
Where did I insinuate no one else does so? I didn't. THing is, and here is the difference---is those other fan bases admit as much. Not so with some/many, of BBN. A lot of you feel UK is above such actions...You call folks obsessed...Yet, I mean, there's a FIVE YEAR OLD thread on your homeboard, pertaining to IU...A bazzilion page thread about UL....Another long as thrad about Duke.....Kansas....UNC...

And then over here? Same shit. Raggin' on KU, Duke, UL...With no in-between. No rational. You harp tht the Cal is clean b/c the NCAA cleared him. Yet chastise the same NCAA that cleared UNC. What ****in sense does that make?

Anyways---I like ya Scotty. You can be one the better from BBN. Always have been.

Borden, you don't like UK. It is okay to admit it to everyone except your wife! ;)

There is nothing wrong with that, but don't try to play both sides against the middle. You can't like UK and spend the rest of your time trying to demean the Cats.

The NCAA is crooked as a dog's hind leg. They stick some programs and protect others. The NCAA is not a legal construct, they are an organization of colleges. They don't have to be fair. So they are not. They are crooks.

Borden, you don't like UK. It is okay to admit it to everyone except your wife! ;)

There is nothing wrong with that, but don't try to play both sides against the middle. You can't like UK and spend the rest of your time trying to demean the Cats.

The NCAA is crooked as a dog's hind leg. They stick some programs and protect others. The NCAA is not a legal construct, they are an organization of colleges. They don't have to be fair. So they are not. They are crooks.
I appreciate you telling me who I like, or don't like. Unfortunately, well, you are wrong. Not liking certain fans, is different than not liking a team. I have rooted for UK, in a sense, since I was around 11...maybe younger. My grandfather was recruited by UK and IU. A very good basketball player. Unfortunately for him, he was in a serious accident, and never got to play his senior season. He told me great stories about Rupp, and McCracken. At 11 years old, I didn't understand hate for a team. I just knew I liked basketball. I also knew I liked UK AND IU. To me it wasn't weird...Or impossible to do so. I just knew how much I admired my grandfather, and how cool it was that he was recruited to play at IU AND UK. You see, I didn't grow up with dislike for UK...I grew up respecting them. I did so b/c my grandfather made my brother and I do so....

When I take shots or stir the pot, its not doing so AT UK...Its doing so at fans who thinks their shits doesn't stink, that UK is above reproach, or that the NCAA/Refs are out to get them. Its stupid as ****. I get tired of the constant spin some you of spew...You chastise fan bases for "obsessing over UK". And sure, some folks do...Just like some from BBN obsess about teams. But you'll never admit to that. And when I call that shit out, you wanna tell me who I like and don't like---And why? Because thats the paranoia kicking in.

I like you a lot Bert. I enjoy our conversations. But dude...You need to be able to set aside the paranoia you have, the bias you have...It would go a long ways in being able to have better conversation. You make no secret you HATE Indiana. I get that. That's your right. But just b/c YOU hate IU, it doesn't mean I hate/dislike Kentucky. I don't. I have a lot of ties to UK basketball. And brother it came well before I ever met my wife.

You see Bert, BBN can dish it out....But some of you cannot take the medicine yourself. If anyone outside of BBN doesn't agree with you, then we are instantly labeled a hater, obsessed, jealous, etc, etc...But when a UK fan disagree's, well, I mean, in your eye, its acceptable...There is a reason OTHER than hating, being obsessed. It grows tiresome. So, well, I do what I do because I know the reaction I will get....Then I sit back, and laugh my ass off. Because truth be told----UK fans are some of the easiest to troll, and/or get riled up.

Please don't ever tell me again who I like, or don't like.

Thanks my friend..

Reactions: wesr
ADVERTISEMENT