ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Hurt

giphy.gif

Reactions: AWilli6995
Wow. So I am on your little pea brain 24/7. Good to know. Not very healthy though. Seek help.

You don't have it like that but you contradict yourself so much you can't tell if you're coming or going. You do know you have choices right? Laughing

How have those players done after they left Roy? Seems he gets more out of them than the NBA guys tbh. No doubt he has had talent though. I’ve never said otherwise. Maybe not as much as some other less successful but more highly thought of coaches but he has had talent.

Roy's done well with his players and his teams. Personally, I love the 2 big-man concept. When you're rebounding 40% of your misses, how can anyone complain about that? Pair that up with a dynamic point guard and two wings that can shoot and you've got yourself a perennial contender.

But because the turnover rate is so high in college basketball, you really don't need future NBA stars on your team to win like you used to in the 90's, 80's, or earlier. Off the top of my head, these are the only NBA All-Stars from teams that won a title this century:

01- Boozer, Duke
03- Anthony, Syracuse
06/07- Horford/Noah, Florida
11- Walker- UConn
12- Davis- Kentucky

So having multiple talented upperclassmen has been HUGE. Roy is adapting and I think the days of getting 5-star guys to stay 3+ years is in the past. I think he'll be fine. He just needs the right personnel more than anything. If there's anything that I'm jealous about Roy it's his ability to retain players. Not speaking so much of guys that could have gone pro and stayed an extra year. But, rather guys that stuck around like Bobby Frasor, Quentin Thomas, Nate Britt, Joel James, Brandon Robinson, and Andrew Platek. Wish Duke had more guys like that. Our youngsters frequently transfer if they're not in the rotation. How many transfers has Roy had since he's been at UNC? Maybe 5? His retention rate is remarkable.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Good point. Let's pivot back to the topic that was originally presented. I really, really hope Zion can stay healthy. He's such a fun player to watch. Enduring six games without him last year was painful enough. Hoping New Orleans is being precautious more than anything. But as others have mentioned, it'd probably be best if he lost some weight. NBA already plays twice as many games as college, not even factoring the playoffs into it. Longevity would be hard to maintain if he continues at the same weight and the same style of play.

It's nice to see two different rivals go at it on here, as opposed to the rugby pile UK is usually at the bottom of. Quite refreshing really. By all all means, please continue. . .

GrimPlainCurassow-max-1mb.gif

Here’s a better question. When is the first time Roy developed a nba star. Season hasnt even started yet, do you know how stupid you sound with this shit.

Btw, check current NBA players from Afam u and Duke and get back to us.

No head on back to the THR circle jerk.
Coby White. Literally just did.

Love watching Zion play, but my worry all along will be his legs, the way he can move, run, jump, his legs are really thin for a man his size and athleticism.

Yep. Sometimes you just need to have eyes, my dear troll.
You aren’t looking through Tar Heel colored glasses are you?

Does he start?

Let’s give him a couple seasons and a couple all star games before declaring that.

Roy's done well with his players and his teams. Personally, I love the 2 big-man concept. When you're rebounding 40% of your misses, how can anyone complain about that? Pair that up with a dynamic point guard and two wings that can shoot and you've got yourself a perennial contender.

But because the turnover rate is so high in college basketball, you really don't need future NBA stars on your team to win like you used to in the 90's, 80's, or earlier. Off the top of my head, these are the only NBA All-Stars from teams that won a title this century:

01- Boozer, Duke
03- Anthony, Syracuse
06/07- Horford/Noah, Florida
11- Walker- UConn
12- Davis- Kentucky

So having multiple talented upperclassmen has been HUGE. Roy is adapting and I think the days of getting 5-star guys to stay 3+ years is in the past. I think he'll be fine. He just needs the right personnel more than anything. If there's anything that I'm jealous about Roy it's his ability to retain players. Not speaking so much of guys that could have gone pro and stayed an extra year. But, rather guys that stuck around like Bobby Frasor, Quentin Thomas, Nate Britt, Joel James, Brandon Robinson, and Andrew Platek. Wish Duke had more guys like that. Our youngsters frequently transfer if they're not in the rotation. How many transfers has Roy had since he's been at UNC? Maybe 5? His retention rate is remarkable.

That 2010 Duke team was pretty similar in that aspect, right? Some good players who stuck around and really contributed along with some young talent that helped out. I was on my way back from The Masters (practice round) with a huge Duke fan while that championship game was going on, haha.

I know K has gone pretty hardcore into the OAD stuff but unlike some UNC fans that wouldn't bother me. Like UK fans say, why not get the best talent and see what you can do with them?

ADVERTISEMENT