ADVERTISEMENT

Your Nomination for the Team That Got Absolutely Cornholed in the Tourney

No one. It’s a whacky year and no one has separated themselves.

Louisville. Should’ve gotten in over Oklahoma
About 30 teams were more deserving the OU. And if it wasn’t for Self being a complete dildo and leaving in dok, they would be fellating t young in the NIT when he scores 70 on 65 shots.

Virginia, Kentucky(like always every year), and Arizona all got equally ****ed.

Nobody else (besides Michigan having a better resume than MSU but MSU being awarded Detroit ) even comes close to those 3 imo.

UVA
IMHO they are the only team the entire year that has looked like a #1 seed

if UK makes it to the UVA game and loses
i will be pulling for UVA to win it

Last edited:
Reactions: precise02
Louisville for not only not making it in, but not even being a first four out. That’s just crazy stupid.

UVA, as others have said.

I don’t think St. Bonnie should have made it in over any of the first four out, or Louisville. St. Mary’s is 40 spots higher on KenPom than St. Bonnie.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Kentucky and Arizona. There is no reason for these two teams playing each other in the second round, should both advance in their respective first round games.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I am glad that Kentucky got to go to the South Region in IDAHO. :(

Have any of the stupid NCAA turd heads ever looked at a damned map?

Cal was pissed about this and playing on Thursday as much as he eas the draw it appeared. Seems like hes so used to getting a tough draw that didnt phase him as much.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Michigan State for only getting a 3 seed (won reg season championship) while Purdue and UNC getting 2 seeds (MSU beat both). I don't even know if a Big10 regular season champ has ever been seeded lower than a team from within.

USC for not getting in. Finished 2nd in PAC12 and runner up in their tourney. Meanwhile ASU finished a distant T-8th place and under .500 in the conference somehow gets in.

Michigan State for only getting a 3 seed (won reg season championship) while Purdue and UNC getting 2 seeds (MSU beat both). I don't even know if a Big10 regular season champ has ever been seeded lower than a team from within.

USC for not getting in. Finished 2nd in PAC12 and runner up in their tourney. Meanwhile ASU finished a distant T-8th place and under .500 in the conference somehow gets in.

Michigan State was a 2 seed 2 seasons ago while B1G champ Indiana was a 4.

UK just like every other year.

I would hate to be a UK fan knowing everyone from NCAA Central Command to the Referee's Guild is always out to get my team.

Reactions: lerario
Kentucky and Arizona. There is no reason for these two teams playing each other in the second round, should both advance in their respective first round games.
2 conference champions have to play each other the second game.

The USC stuff is bad.

Plus MSU is a better team, in my view, than Purdue.

Reactions: Upset Alert

I think MSU should've been a 2 as well, but what probably did them in was how horrible the Big 10 was this season overall. 13 of their 16 conference wins were against Rutgers(x2), Illinois(x2), Wisconsin(x2), Maryland(x2), Indiana(x2), Iowa, Minnesota, NW. The bottom half of the league and some really, really bad teams.

I think MSU should've been a 2 as well, but what probably did them in was how horrible the Big 10 was this season overall. 13 of their 16 conference wins were against Rutgers(x2), Illinois(x2), Wisconsin(x2), Maryland(x2), Indiana(x2), Iowa, Minnesota, NW. The bottom half of the league and some really, really bad teams.

Yeah, those teams were pretty shitty, but the metrics used are laughable. Shitty by what measure? THe RPI?

Illinois State, losers of 15 games, and a sub .500 record in the Missouri Valley Conference, has a higher RPI than all those teams with the exception of Maryland. Loyola-Chicago, the winners of the Valley, would've finished 9th or 10th in the Big Ten. And for perspective's sake, while Illinois was hot garbage all season, they would've taken a team like Illinois State out behind the woodshed in mid February.

ADVERTISEMENT