ADVERTISEMENT

Your Final 4 as of now

1. Nova - The best team so far this year with some championship pedigree still on the roster.
2. Michigan State - the second best team so far this year + Izzo
3. Wichita State - once they are healthy, they will be dynamic. I know they have two losses, but they will be a different team with McDuffie.
4. UNC - Cameron Johnson will be a huge boost, and by the NCAA tournament, Roy’s freshmen bigs generally improve a lot (Marvin Williams, Ed Davis, Tony Bradley, etc.). Add in top guard play and a healthy Berry (whose shooting percentage is on the uptick now that the brace on his hand is finally off that he wore for all his games out west when he played poorly), and I think they are an excellent dark horse final four team.

Other thoughts:

1. The PAC 12 is down this year and has a poor record of making the final four the last 8-9 years. The exception is last year when Oregon made an excellent run. If I were picking a team from the PAC, I would take Arizona and not ASU.
2. A better Kansas team lost before the final four last year, so I don’t see them making it further this year even with Desousa. West Virginia needs to make a run or the Big 12 likely won’t have a representative.
3. The SEC actually usually does well in the tourney, so I could see UK or Texas A&M getting to the final four.
4. Generally the Big East shows up strong for the tourney, but I personally don’t see anyone besides Nova being final four material.
5. Duke has a shot, but typical you need a top 10 offense AND defense to be a final four favorite (which incidentally is a major reason for my final four picks), and the D just isn’t even close yet. There’s time to get it turned around, but they really need to tighten up defensively. The talent is there, though.

Last edited:
1. Nova - The best team so far this year with some championship pedigree still on the roster.
2. Michigan State - the second best team so far this year + Izzo
3. Wichita State - once they are healthy, they will be dynamic. I know they have two losses, but they will be a different team with McDuffie.
4. UNC - Cameron Johnson will be a huge boost, and by the NCAA tournament, Roy’s freshmen bigs generally improve a lot (Marvin Williams, Ed Davis, Tony Bradley, etc.). Add in top guard play and a healthy Berry (whose shooting percentage is on the uptick now that the brace on his hand is finally off that he wore for all his games out west when he played poorly), and I think they are an excellent dark horse final four team.

Other thoughts:

1. The PAC 12 is down this year and has a poor record of making the final four the last 8-9 years. The exception is last year when Oregon made an excellent run. If I were picking a team from the PAC, I would take Arizona and not ASU.
2. A better Kansas team lost before the final four last year, so I don’t see them making it further this year even with Desousa. West Virginia needs to make a run or the Big 12 likely won’t have a representative.
3. The SEC actually usually does well in the tourney, so I could see UK or Texas A&M getting to the final four.
4. Generally the Big East shows up strong for the tourney, but I personally don’t see anyone besides Nova being final four material.
5. Duke has a shot, but typical you need a top 10 offense AND defense to be a final four favorite (which incidentally is a major reason for my final four picks), and the D just isn’t even close yet. There’s time to get it turned around, but they really need to tighten up defensively. The talent is there, though.

KU is nothing but a big, fat incomplete at this point. No one knows what the roster will be in March. But adding a pair of 5 star bigs could dramatically change things. With more balance and front court depth, they could be very strong. Plus, you can generally count on Self teams to improve dramatically defensively by the end of the year.

KU is nothing but a big, fat incomplete at this point. No one knows what the roster will be in March. But adding a pair of 5 star bigs could dramatically change things. With more balance and front court depth, they could be very strong. Plus, you can generally count on Self teams to improve dramatically defensively by the end of the year.

Unless they're shooting lights out Kansas looks mediocre. They have to get Preston AND desouza if they want to compete at their usual elite level.

Even the big 12 isn't a given for them this year, imo. Just no depth.

Wrong, you unbearable idiot. We said that you were wrong calling Arizona a Final Four team after they lost three games in a row against inferior competition. We called you out for a dumb statement, which shouldn’t be a big shocker that you make idiotic statements. You were so over the moon that Purdue beat someone with a pulse after getting dumptrucked by WESTERN KENTUCKY and Tennessee that you were trying to prop up any victory Purdue had.
According to this article, there's only one other team in the country that has a resume as good as Purdue's to this point and Purdue is winning by an average of 16 ppg.

Kenpom ranking of 6 with O rank of 10 and D rank of 11.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-producing-like-a-team-with-top-10-potential/

Reactions: jadeezra
Reactions: willrocks4
As I've watched the media overrate msu every year for almost 20 years. Giving them an unfair advantage all season. But hey who cares . You guys are legit this year though

Not really but I've witnessed boilers puff their chests out before the enviedable early Ncaa exit.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
MSU and Purdue

One team is dumptrucking tournament teams by double digits and the other is struggling to beat Rutgers and Oakland while trailing late in the 2nd half in both.

Can you imagine the relentless trolling if Purdue barely squeaked by Oakland on a neutral floor home environment? All wed hear is how much Purdue sucks and how they arent a top 25 team.

MSU and Purdue

One team is dumptrucking tournament teams by double digits and the other is struggling to beat Rutgers and Oakland while trailing late in the 2nd half in both.

Can you imagine the relentless trolling if Purdue barely squeaked by Oakland on a neutral floor home environment? All wed hear is how much Purdue sucks and how they arent a top 25 team.

Haha.. wow so much wrong with that you said but you can't argue with delusions. December and January. Great months to be a boiler.

Not really but I've witnessed boilers puff their chests out before the enviedable early Ncaa exit.
So saying that our resume is tops in the country so far is puffing my chest? Interesting. We all know resume doesn't necessarily mean you're the best. Just that you've played a stronger schedule than most, which this time of year everyone's SOS is pretty weak.

If MSU does indeed beat Purdue at home, it will go down as their best win of the season.

As I've watched the media overrate msu every year for almost 20 years. Giving them an unfair advantage all season. But hey who cares . You guys are legit this year though
I would say over rated to start the year, but by March they are typically very good. What years? Last year, but our 2 tallest players were 6’8 and 6’7 that weren’t injured. 13 maybe but our whole starting lineup was injured. There are maybe 2 years I can think of where we were just flat out over rated and nothing happened.

Reactions: jadeezra
Probably neutral sight UNC. Both will finish top ten but the UNC one won’t be at home and that is the difference maker.

Yeah, maybe. I still like Purdue as being their best win if they do indeed beat Purdue at home. Big IF.

Probably neutral sight UNC. Both will finish top ten but the UNC one won’t be at home and that is the difference maker.

This and it's not close. Although I think msu could have 3 or 4 wins in the tourney that may be more special

I think this is the year Sean Miller gets his first FF.

If what the FBI has has accused Arizona of, and they typically don't accuse someone of anything unless it is a lock, Arizona shouldn't see a post season tournament for about 5 years including this one!!!!!! Based on what we know so far, this current Arizona roster has definitely been bought and paid for!!!!!

That's fair, I'm just not a fan of preseason rankings period. I think they should hold off at least a month before anything comes out. I know some will say it all works itself out. I don't agree

I would say over rated to start the year, but by March they are typically very good. What years? Last year, but our 2 tallest players were 6’8 and 6’7 that weren’t injured. 13 maybe but our whole starting lineup was injured. There are maybe 2 years I can think of where we were just flat out over rated and nothing happened.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
LOL I still don't know how its possible to have 26 likes in 1148 comments. But silerbr2 has done it and it might be the most amazing stat on here

Reactions: silerbr2
He's a d-bag but Marshall is likely the best coach in the country.

I wouldn’t take any coach over Larranaga as he has won at both George Mason and Miami without NBA future players and has winning record vs Coach K

Unless they're shooting lights out Kansas looks mediocre. They have to get Preston AND desouza if they want to compete at their usual elite level.

Even the big 12 isn't a given for them this year, imo. Just no depth.

No, it's not a given. It's a solid league. It's usually not a given. This isn't Gonzaga's conference, as much as some like to think it is.

I'd say even adding one skilled big could make a world of difference. It would completely change how aggressive Azubuike can be and give them more versatility. Adding both gives them a lot of potential. I don't think people understand how big this Preston situation is in terms of their outlook. He's probably their most talented player.

I'm not sure there's a team out there this season that doesn't look average when shots aren't falling. Maybe Villanova?

Last edited:
Reactions: willrocks4
I wouldn’t take any coach over Larranaga as he has won at both George Mason and Miami without NBA future players and has winning record vs Coach K

Every year, Marshall has a group of scrubs that no one wanted and every year they're highly competitive and a tough out in the tourney. The consistency has been pretty remarkable. I'd be very interested to see what he could accomplish at a high major.

A lot of coaches have had one random run with a small school.

been drinking tonight and had a revelation. Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State, and Nova will be the final four. If you disagree EAD

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If what the FBI has has accused Arizona of, and they typically don't accuse someone of anything unless it is a lock, Arizona shouldn't see a post season tournament for about 5 years including this one!!!!!! Based on what we know so far, this current Arizona roster has definitely been bought and paid for!!!!!

Are 11 exclamation points within a two sentence post a record on this board? How about in any medium, anywhere? My guess is...possibly?

ADVERTISEMENT