ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes refs....

Two handed tip with .3 seconds on the clock. Apparently it takes more time to tip a ball with 2 hands than it does with one.

It's very stupid. That was a good bucket.

Last edited:
Derek Fisher had a game winner with a catch in shoot in less than 0.4 seconds

Evidently Fisher's shot and this volleyball set are almost identical in time. Hogwash. That player barely touched the basketball.

I saw this video last night and the refs really screwed that up because the ball was already halfway to the basket when the buzzer sounded after he tipped it in

Here OP. I’ll help you achieve your end goal for starting this thread.

@IUfanBorden
giphy.gif

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Whether or not the kid tipped the ball in the basket, the clock still read 0.01 after the ball was tipped. There is still time on the clock, and the decision was made before the ball was inbounded. This particular play just shot a giant hole in the 0.03 tip rule.

Tipped with one or two hands, that ball was halfway to the basket with 0.01 left on the clock. The shot should've counted. Even in real time, it appeared the basket was good. It's a tough way to lose a game.

I know in college ball, it’s a rule that with certain fractions of a second on the clock that only certain types of shots are possible. So, I believe in order to do a catch and shoot there has to be at least .7 seconds n the clock. I believe a 2 handed tip has to have at least .4 or 5 on the clock. Since it’s impossible apparently to do these actions in under the time specified, if it would happen , it’s due to human error with starting the clock.

I’m not at a place where I can watch the video...so not sure if this comes into play here, or not?

I know in college ball, it’s a rule that with certain fractions of a second on the clock that only certain types of shots are possible. So, I believe in order to do a catch and shoot there has to be at least .7 seconds n the clock. I believe a 2 handed tip has to have at least .4 or 5 on the clock. Since it’s impossible apparently to do these actions in under the time specified, if it would happen , it’s due to human error with starting the clock.

I’m not at a place where I can watch the video...so not sure if this comes into play here, or not?

You can two hand volleyball set a ball in under .4-.5 seconds dude. It literally might be the quickest way to intentionally change the direction of a basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT