ADVERTISEMENT

With commits and transfers educate us on your teams 21-22 starting lineup

I don’t really follow that stuff but people on the home board have posted 2 mocks in recent weeks with him as a lottery pick, including ESPN.
Good for him. Great, kid. Tonof upside. Not sure if tht means lottery----But still----great ceiling.

Hard to know for sure.

Our best lineup on paper seems like it would be
Wheeler
Mintz
Grady
Brooks
Tshiebwe

Cal loved to throw games early in the season to start and play freshman that aren’t ready big minutes because we’ll be better in March so something like:

Wheeler
Washington
Grady
Brooks
Collins

wouldn’t surprise me either.

It really depends on how Altman wants to play. He likes to play small ball so I'll go with the small ball lineup:

G - Richardson
G - Harmon
G - Young
F - Guerrier
C - Kepnang/Dante (Dante is not likely to be available for the season opener)

If Oregon wants to go bigger, they could move Young or Harmon to the bench and bring in Eric Williams or they could go very big and start Bittle.

Here's how I look at the rotation:

G - Richardson, Harmon, Young
Wing - Guerrier, Williams, Soares,
Post - Kepnang, Bittle, Dante, Johnson

Last edited:
I thought Lander from IU entered the transfer portal?

also i thought Mintz had already decided hes going pro regardless if he has a chance to get drafted or not? Carlik jones made that exact same decision.

Fredrick alongside 4 bad shooters? That could be an interesting mix. Could be wrong, but I feel like Grady and Ty Ty will lead the team in scoring. Those two are likely to start, IMO.

Pretty filthy 10-man rotation. Did Anton Watson leave the program, though?
Lol omg I forgot Watson!

Reactions: dukedevilz

Nothing official, but it’s looking like KU’s roster is set.

Martin/Harris/Pettiford
Yesufu/JCL/Cuffe
Agbaji/Braun
Wilson/Clemence/Adams
McCormack/Martin/Lightfoot

Only thing missing is a reliable rim protector, but it should be a good year regardless. Plenty of talent and experience. When Martin subs for McCormack, they’ll be able to put 5 shooters on the floor. Nice change of pace from a team that usually had 1-2.

Reactions: KisteK
Tennessee won't be a blueblood, but they will make the bluebloods tremble. UT had a stellar recruiting class and added in the transfer market. I expect the Vols to be at the top of the SEC and a top 10-15 team.

Nothing official, but it’s looking like KU’s roster is set.

Martin/Harris/Pettiford
Yesufu/JCL/Cuffe
Agbaji/Braun
Wilson/Clemence/Adams
McCormack/Martin/Lightfoot

Only thing missing is a reliable rim protector, but it should be a good year regardless. Plenty of talent and experience. When Martin subs for McCormack, they’ll be able to put 5 shooters on the floor. Nice change of pace from a team that usually had 1-2.
I legitimately would’ve guessed Lightfoot was a 7th year senior, like, two years ago

I legitimately would’ve guessed Lightfoot was a 7th year senior, like, two years ago

Somebody had to take the mantle from 19th year freshman Perry Ellis.

I thought Lander from IU entered the transfer portal?

also i thought Mintz had already decided hes going pro regardless if he has a chance to get drafted or not? Carlik jones made that exact same decision.
Lander did enter the portal. But announced in early May he was returning to Indiana.

Reactions: Villian07
I see KU’s rotation as

Starters
Remy Martin
Joseph Yesufu
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
Dave McCormack

Bench
Christian Braun
Dajuan Harris
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Cam Martin

I feel 9-deep is fine. Getting Agbaji back is key along with Jalen because it gives KU a legit wing to play the 4 when Wilson goes to the bench.

I see KU’s rotation as

Bench

Jalen Coleman-Lands
JFC....4th school in 6 years. What is he---25? I guess the good side is, he has averaged double figures at 3 different, D1, P5 schools

10ppg as a frosh at Illinois..
11ppg at DePaul
14ppg at Iowa State...

Tell ya what----thats a future trivia question, answer....

That is insane, i guess he got the covid waiver last year and grad transfer this year

We once had a kid transfer to nebraska then grad transfer back to Louisville. AkoyAgua. He wasnt very good either place though.

Part of the mystique of Perry Ellis is that he looked like he was 40 when he was a frosh and 55 by the time he was a sr.

The biggest question mark right now is whether Trey Murphy III stays in the draft or not. If he comes back, we should be very good. If he doesn't, we'll be okay with the potential to be good. At this point, I expect him to stay in the draft.

Starters
Kihei Clark (SR)
Reece Beekman (SO)
Armaan Franklin (JR)
Trey Murphy III (SR)
Jayden Gardner (SR)

Bench
Kody Stattman (SR)
Carson McCorkle (SO)
Igor Milicic Jr (FR)
Taine Murray (FR)
Kadin Shedrick (R-SO)
Francisco Caffaro (R-JR)

If Murphy leaves, expect Shedrick to start. Watch out for Taine Murray and Igor Milicic though. Tony's been targeting international guys who have experience playing against grown men.

For now with possible changes in the future

Tre Mitchell
Dylan Disu
Timmy Allen
Courtney Ramey
Andrew Jones

I have to really watch what they want to do on offense.
Like the fact that you still have two guards that have played a lot of basketball together.

People claim Mitchell to be a legit stretch 5. I will have to see.
If he can hit around 40% from 3 it changes a lot up.

Have to look at Disu’s game more to see how he can be used.

Could cause mismatches. Leaves Disu on a smaller player or you leave a big on Disu and then Mitchell has a mismatch on the perimeter

JFC....4th school in 6 years. What is he---25? I guess the good side is, he has averaged double figures at 3 different, D1, P5 schools

10ppg as a frosh at Illinois..
11ppg at DePaul
14ppg at Iowa State...

Tell ya what----thats a future trivia question, answer....
I remember as a recruit Beilein was after him hard. Don’t remember if we led at any point or not but Beilein ended up taking a pledge from Duncan Robinson and no longer recruiting Coleman. The homeboard had a near riot over that. Duncan Robinson just finished his third season in the NBA, makes it really feel like ancient history.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
The biggest question mark right now is whether Trey Murphy III stays in the draft or not. If he comes back, we should be very good. If he doesn't, we'll be okay with the potential to be good. At this point, I expect him to stay in the draft.

Starters
Kihei Clark (SR)
Reece Beekman (SO)
Armaan Franklin (JR)
Trey Murphy III (SR)
Jayden Gardner (SR)

Bench
Kody Stattman (SR)
Carson McCorkle (SO)
Igor Milicic Jr (FR)
Taine Murray (FR)
Kadin Shedrick (R-SO)
Francisco Caffaro (R-JR)

If Murphy leaves, expect Shedrick to start. Watch out for Taine Murray and Igor Milicic though. Tony's been targeting international guys who have experience playing against grown men.

Best guess for louisville

El Ellis
Dre davis/west
Sam williamson
Jaylen Withers
malik Williams (hopefully he can stay healthy a year, but he hasnt been able to in a few years)

we have roosevelt wheeler coming in as a big man as well, i know he was a 5 star at one poiint but tore his achilles his senior uear so hard to gauge what to expect of him.

Also excited to see Matt Cross from miami as he can supposedly light it up from deep.
Locke starting SG?

Locke starting SG?
Maybe? I have no clue. Probably be between Locke and west and not dre the more i thibk about it. Plus dre can basically back up the 2-4 hes so thick/stout. Like alot of teams we have so many people ive never seen play before hard to project.

if they werent on the roster last year i have no way to guage their game than what ive read or the very few times i saw florida and miami play.

Texas Tech has a sneaky good roster now.

I've heard that Beard was desperate to bring Adams with him and very butthurt when he didn't follow him. Apparently he told him "I don't know why you're holding out for the head coach job--they won't give it to you." Adams has a major chip on his shoulder now. The games with Texas could get interesting...

Last edited:
Texas Tech has a sneaky good roster now.

I've heard that Beard was desperate to bring Adams with him and very butthurt when he didn't follow him. Apparently he told him "I don't know why you're holding out for the head coach job--they won't give it to you." Adams has a major chip on his shoulder now. The games with Texas could get interesting...
Adams > Shaka > Beard

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Illinois

Cockburn(Thank u Jesus!)
Williams
Grandison
Frazier
Curbelo

at least to start the season. If Hawkins makes a decent jump I could see him playing the 4 down the stretch and Williams was a good piece when he came off the bench last season. Also Hutcherson could be a sleeper 2/3. But big ifs on unproven players

PG- Jamari Wheeler (5th year Sr. -84 starts)
SG- Cedric Russell- 5th year- 85 starts )
SF- Justice Sueing ( 5th year- 92 starts )
PF- EJ Liddell ( JR- 28 starts )
C- Kyle Young ( 5th year- 65 starts )

Bench

Seth Towns (6th yr senior - 44 starts )
Joey Brunk ( 6th yr-44 starts )
Jimmy Sotos ( 5th yr -79 starts )
Justin Ahrens ( Sr- 22 starts )

545 career starts will hopefully lead to a good start to the season but I’m expecting Malaki Branham, Meechie Johnson, Zed Key and Eugene Brown to take some minutes from the older guys before January.

Geeze hold my beer wisconsin. Yall gonna be older than the orlando magic.

Texas
PG Carr
SG Jones
SF Disu
PF Allen
C Mitchell

If they decide to go to a three gaurd lineup

Ramey comes in for Disu.

ADVERTISEMENT