C: Oscar T

Bench, ranked in terms of minutes given:
Wheeler
Collins
Topin
Frederick
Ware
Hopkins
No wheeler or Frederick in the starting lineup? I think one will start at SG. This looks like a potential FF team, based on the fact I think tyty is a star.

PG: Tyson Walker
SG: Max Christie
SF: Gabe Brown
PF: Joey Hauser or Malik Hall
C: Marcus Bingham

Hauser has the better jumper but Hall is better defensively. I think they will rotate throughout the year. Hall was really solid to end the year for us, I’m hoping it’s him.

Jaden Akins, Pierre Brooks, and Julius Marble will be guys who definitely get minutes off our bench.

I have no idea who our leading scorer will be or if we’ll be any good. Our bigs got a lot better as the year went on and I think we’ll be a better shooting team, but Aaron Henry is better than anyone on this years roster.

PG: Tyson Walker
SG: Max Christie
SF: Gabe Brown
PF: Joey Hauser or Malik Hall
C: Marcus Bingham

Hauser has the better jumper but Hall is better defensively. I think they will rotate throughout the year. Hall was really solid to end the year for us, I’m hoping it’s him.

Jaden Akins, Pierre Brooks, and Julius Marble will be guys who definitely get minutes off our bench.

I have no idea who our leading scorer will be or if we’ll be any good. Our bigs got a lot better as the year went on and I think we’ll be a better shooting team, but Aaron Henry is better than anyone on this years roster.
What happened to Henry? Transfer or NBA?

No wheeler or Frederick in the starting lineup? I think one will start at SG. This looks like a potential FF team, based on the fact I think tyty is a star.
It will all depend on on how well we mesh. For once we will have a ton of experience and shooting. Size should also be a positive for this team.

I could see Wheeler starting over Allen, not sure about Frederick. I think he's one of the first off the bench if I had to guess.

What happened to Henry? Transfer or NBA?
NBA. He’s typically projected between 25-45. It was known after he came back for his Junior year it would be his last year. It did help his case though, he wouldn’t have been drafted as a Sophomore.

Kansas

C - Dave McCormack
F - Jalen Wilson
G - Christian Braun or Coleman-Lands
G Joseph Yesufu
G Remy Martin

Ochai may come back
Based on the timing of Curry's decommitment, plus reading between the lines of a recent interview, it sure seems like Agbaji's coming back.

Sahvir Wheeler
Ty Ty Washington
Kellen Grady
Keion Brooks
Oscar Tshiebwe

Not real high on the lineup, but UK is super deep this year.

Dylan Disu
Timmy Allen
Andrew Jones
Courtney Ramey

Christian Bishop
Jase Febres
Brock Cunningham

Out of those 3 you could see the fifth starter.
Febres has over 60 career starts. Wasn’t starting last year.
The current coaching staff from what I have heard is high on him.
He has always been a shooter. I think some feel like Shaka misused him.

Chris Beard said straight out on Day 1 he sees him as something more
As a shooter he was a guy who could go off and hit 7 out of 9 and score 25 points once or twice a year

Nova

Gillespie
Justin Moore
Caleb Daniel's
Jermaine Samuel's
Eric Dixson

Subs
Bryan Antoine
Brandon Slater
Trey Patterson ( F)

Then - depends on red shirts
Jordan Longino
Nnana Njoku
Angelo Brizzi

Wildcard
Dhamir crosby-roundtree - don't know if he plays again

Dylan Disu
Timmy Allen
Andrew Jones
Courtney Ramey

Christian Bishop
Jase Febres
Brock Cunningham

Out of those 3 you could see the fifth starter.
Febres has over 60 career starts. Wasn’t starting last year.
The current coaching staff from what I have heard is high on him.
He has always been a shooter. I think some feel like Shaka misused him.

Chris Beard said straight out on Day 1 he sees him as something more
As a shooter he was a guy who could go off and hit 7 out of 9 and score 25 points once or twice a year

A certain somebody didn't make your top 7? Interesting.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A certain somebody didn't make your top 7?

Jones and Ramey have made All Big 12 teams already.

I just don’t see them starting Jones, Ramey and Askew.
But Askew should play about 18-22 minutes in 2021-2022.

The fifth starter will be a wing player or will push Allen to the wing
Timmy Allen is a good enough rebounder where you can see them use Febres. Cunningham can rebound as well.
They could possibly start Bishop and use Allen more on the wing.
Bishop definitely can rebound the ball

Ramey is already “messin” with him so you know he will play
Ramey doesn’t mess around as we have seen. He will get in someone’s face if they aren’t on top of their game
He is riding everyone’s bumper. Doesn’t like to lose

Last edited:
PG Ethan Morton/Eric Hunter
SG Jaden Ivey
Wing Sasha Stefanovic/Brandon Newman
PF Mason Gillis/ Trey Kaufman
C Trevion Williams/Zach Edey/Caleb Furst

Return 94% of our scoring including a 1st team All Big Ten Center and a projected future lottery pick at SG. Backup center would start on 330 teams IMO.

Bring in 2 top 60 recruits.

Need more consistent 3P shooting and have to figure out how to divvy up frontcourt minutes. Could be top 10. Could be 20-25.

2022 National Champs
Jeremy Roach, So
Wendell Moore, Jr
AJ Griffin, Fr
Paolo Banchero, Fr
Mark Williams, So

6th Man: Trevor Keels, Fr
This looks like a team that could give Zags fits. Mark Williams was a standout in the second have of the season. Banchero is a Star and one would expect improvement from Roach and Moore.

PG: DaVante Jones
SG: Eli Brooks
SF: Caleb Houstan
PF: Brandon Johns
C: Hunter Dickinson

Bench:
G: Frankie Collins, Kobe Bufkin, Zeb Jackson,
F: Mousa Diabate, Terrance Williams, Isaiah Barnes

-We return three players who started on an Elite 8 team and all averaged double figures in the tournament.
-One being a 2nd team All-American.
-We bring in the #18 transfer at PG and the #1 recruiting class in the country (Two 5 stars, two other top 50 recruits).

PG: DaVante Jones
SG: Eli Brooks
SF: Caleb Houstan
PF: Brandon Johns
C: Hunter Dickinson

Bench:
G: Frankie Collins, Kobe Bufkin, Zeb Jackson,
F: Mousa Diabate, Terrance Williams, Isaiah Barnes

-We return three players who started on an Elite 8 team and all averaged double figures in the tournament.
-One being a 2nd team All-American.
-We bring in the #18 transfer at PG and the #1 recruiting class in the country (Two 5 stars, two other top 50 recruits).
This might be one of the most stacked years.

This looks like a team that could give Zags fits. Mark Williams was a standout in the second have of the season. Banchero is a Star and one would expect improvement from Roach and Moore.

Frontcourt is stout. I think Griffin, Banchero, and Williams will all be first rounders next year. Roach and Moore will ultimately determine how far this team can go. Can't win a title with pedestrian guard play. They're both talented, so I am hopeful that we'll see the steady improvement that we need to compete for a title.

I can understand the apprehension in not valuing Duke as a true contender, though. Hard to have complete confidence in a team that didn't make the tournament.

This might be one of the most stacked years.

The field has quietly become pretty stacked. Compared to last year anyway.

A lot of teams bringing back (or in) a lot of scoring. It's pretty hard to rank the top 25.

Of the traditional power houses, KU is very lucky. I think the B12 title is almost a guarantee.I think Baylor will be down. I think Texas will be a bit better. MSU is in trouble as the B10 is staaaaaacked. UK will have a great lineup, unfortunately so does Ark, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee and Mississippi state do too. ACC should be much more balanced.

The transfer portal has been amazing for power 5 teams. 4-9 seeds now should have talent and experience to challenge top seeds. Going to be fun.

I haven't done an in-depth analysis, but here's my way too early top 50

Top 50
1. Gonzaga
2. UCLA
3. Michigan
4. Kansas
5. Villanova
6. Duke
7. Oregon
8. Alabama
9. Ohio State
10. Purdue
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Maryland
14. Kentucky
15. Texas
16. Arkansas
17. Houston
18. Florida State
19. Saint Bonaventure
20. North Carolina
21. USC
22. Indiana
23. Mississippi State
24. Virginia
25. Xavier
26. Michigan State
27. Virginia Tech
28. Auburn
29. Colorado State
30. Georgia Tech
31. Arizona
32. UConn
33. Louisville
34. Illinois
35. Memphis
36. Florida
37. Nevada
38. Seton Hall
39. Loyola Chicago
40. Oklahoma State
41. BYU
42. Belmont
43. LSU
44. Syracuse
45. Ohio
46. Notre Dame
47. San Diego State
48. Saint Mary's
49. Northwestern
50. Richmond

Next best team from each of P6 Conferences
ACC: Clemson
Big East: Butler
Big 12: Texas Tech
Wisconsin: Wisconsin
Pac 12: Arizona State
SEC: Ole Miss

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Top 50
1. Gonzaga
2. UCLA
3. Michigan
4. Kansas
5. Villanova
6. Duke
7. Oregon
8. Alabama
9. Ohio State
10. Purdue
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Maryland
14. Kentucky
15. Texas
16. Arkansas
17. Houston
18. Florida State
19. Saint Bonaventure
20. North Carolina
21. USC
22. Indiana
23. Mississippi State
24. Virginia
25. Xavier
26. Michigan State
27. Virginia Tech
28. Auburn
29. Colorado State
30. Georgia Tech
31. Arizona
32. UConn
33. Louisville
34. Illinois
35. Memphis
36. Florida
37. Nevada
38. Seton Hall
39. Loyola Chicago
40. Oklahoma State
41. BYU
42. Belmont
43. LSU
44. Syracuse
45. Ohio
46. Notre Dame
47. San Diego State
48. Saint Mary's
49. Northwestern
50. Richmond

Hah. Just noticed I left out West Virginia. I had them in there, switched someone else in their spot, and forgot to add them back. I want to say I had them in the 14-18 range.

I haven't done an in-depth analysis, but here's my way too early top 50

Top 50
1. Gonzaga
2. UCLA
3. Michigan
4. Kansas
5. Villanova
6. Duke
7. Oregon
8. Alabama
9. Ohio State
10. Purdue
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Maryland
14. Kentucky
15. Texas
16. Arkansas
17. Houston
18. Florida State
19. Saint Bonaventure
20. North Carolina
21. USC
22. Indiana
23. Mississippi State
24. Virginia
25. Xavier
26. Michigan State
27. Virginia Tech
28. Auburn
29. Colorado State
30. Georgia Tech
31. Arizona
32. UConn
33. Louisville
34. Illinois
35. Memphis
36. Florida
37. Nevada
38. Seton Hall
39. Loyola Chicago
40. Oklahoma State
41. BYU
42. Belmont
43. LSU
44. Syracuse
45. Ohio
46. Notre Dame
47. San Diego State
48. Saint Mary's
49. Northwestern
50. Richmond

Next best team from each of P6 Conferences
ACC: Clemson
Big East: Butler
Big 12: Texas Tech
Wisconsin: Wisconsin
Pac 12: Arizona State
SEC: Ole Miss

Isn't Oklahoma St bringing back everyone but Cunningham, plus adding a few decent pieces? Would've thought they'd be higher.

Surprised to see Illinois so low too, although I haven't followed them closely. I've just seen Illini homers predicting them to be up there with Gonzaga.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Isn't Oklahoma St bringing back everyone but Cunningham, plus adding a few decent pieces? Would've thought they'd be higher.

Surprised to see Illinois so low too, although I haven't followed them closely. I've just seen Illini homers predicting them to be up there with Gonzaga.

So yeah, haven't done an in-depth analysis. This will change a bit when I release my official top 50 in October. What you said makes sense. Oklahoma State probably deserves to be in the top 25 somewhere. Bringing most everyone back, plus Bryce Thompson (KU), Tyreek Smith (Texas Tech), and Woody Newton (Syracuse) are all transferring in.

Illinois has several quality players. I really like Curbelo. I think he could have a monster sophomore season. There are other good pieces like Frazier, Williams, Plummer, and Payne. Wouldn't have any issues if someone has them in the top 25. But, to suggest they would be right up there with Gonzaga? Haha. No chance. Big Ten is stacked with Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, and Maryland. Indiana and Michigan State should be better. Illinois might be able to sneak into the top 5 of the conference, but I seriously doubt they're a contender for the league title.

Jones and Ramey have made All Big 12 teams already.

I just don’t see them starting Jones, Ramey and Askew.
But Askew should play about 18-22 minutes in 2021-2022.

The fifth starter will be a wing player or will push Allen to the wing
Timmy Allen is a good enough rebounder where you can see them use Febres. Cunningham can rebound as well.
They could possibly start Bishop and use Allen more on the wing.
Bishop definitely can rebound the ball

Sounds like you're finally willing to admit that Ty Ty Washington will have a more productive year than Devin Askew.

Wheeler will start as pg. I absolutely think Frederick starts as well. I watched a post injury workout of Frederick. He works extremely hard and his shot is pure from just about everywhere. He's one of the best shooters in college. Our main rotation will include Washington, Grady, Allen and Hopkins with Ware getting some minutes. I really like this team on paper. Most of the guys are already in Lexington for the summer.

Wheeler
Frederick
Brooks
Collins
Oscar

Last edited:
Wheeler will start as pg. I absolutely think Frederick starts as well. I watched a post injury workout of Frederick. He works extremely hard and his shot is pure from just about everywhere. He's one of the best shooters in college. Our main rotation will include Washington, Grady, Allen and Hopkins with Ware getting some minutes. I really like this team on paper. Most of the guys are already in Lexington for the summer.

Wheeler
Frederick
Brooks
Collins
Oscar
We are in deep trouble if Brooks starts at the three. I think we move him to the four and Grady starts at the three. I see TyTy starting, but could see either Wheeler/Frederick/Allen starting at the other guard spot.

We are in deep trouble if Brooks starts at the three. I think we move him to the four and Grady starts at the three. I see TyTy starting, but could see either Wheeler/Frederick/Allen starting at the other guard spot.
That's just for starting purposes. I think he gets a nod because he's a Jr. He will play a lot at the 4, when Collins goes out, or when Collins is at the post. Wheeler is an all SEC junior and pure point guard. Ty Ty is a combo guard will get a lot of minutes at the 1 and 2 but Wheeler starts at the beginning of the season. Frederick will start, too good of a shooter not to. He also plays extremely hard. All those guys I mentioned in the main rotation will see a good portion of minutes each per game.

I don't think Cal will start a 5th yr senior over a guy who came to UK to get to the pros. Brooks is a good passer, good finisher and rebounder. And his defense is solid. He's not the outside threat that Grady brings, but in the other aspects he's better.

I'm just glad we have options. I can see both sides, but I'm also leaning towards a 3 guard line up. Especially if Mintz comes back. It should really open up the inside which is something we haven't seen in a while.

Gonzaga
PG: Nembhard/ Nolan Hickman
SG: Rasir Bolton/ Dom Harris
SF: Julian Strawther/ Hunter Sallis
PF: Chet Holmgren/ Kaden Perry
C: Drew Timme/Ben Gregg

They are going to be good. The only non top 100 recruit in their top 10 is the 3rd Team All Big 12 transfer Rasir Bolton

Gonzaga

They are going to be good. The only non top 100 recruit in their top 10 is the 3rd Team All Big 12 transfer Rasir Bolton
Stacked but I like last years team better. Sallis seems to have slipped in rankings.

Easily our deepest and longest team in Bruce's tenure. Excited to see them play..

Wendell Green/Zep Jasper
KD Johnson
Allen Flanagan
Jabari Smith
Walker Kessler

Bench:
Jaylin Williams
Zep Jasper
Devan Cambridge
Desi Sills
Dylan Cardwell
Stretch Akinbola
Chris Moore

Reactions: AUnit

Wheeler
Frederick
Brooks
Collins
Oscar

Fredrick alongside 4 bad shooters? That could be an interesting mix. Could be wrong, but I feel like Grady and Ty Ty will lead the team in scoring. Those two are likely to start, IMO.
Gonzaga

Pretty filthy 10-man rotation. Did Anton Watson leave the program, though?

Best guess for louisville

El Ellis
Dre davis/west
Sam williamson
Jaylen Withers
malik Williams (hopefully he can stay healthy a year, but he hasnt been able to in a few years)

we have roosevelt wheeler coming in as a big man as well, i know he was a 5 star at one poiint but tore his achilles his senior uear so hard to gauge what to expect of him.

Also excited to see Matt Cross from miami as he can supposedly light it up from deep.

PG Ethan Morton/Eric Hunter
SG Jaden Ivey
Wing Sasha Stefanovic/Brandon Newman
PF Mason Gillis/ Trey Kaufman
C Trevion Williams/Zach Edey/Caleb Furst

Return 94% of our scoring including a 1st team All Big Ten Center and a projected future lottery pick at SG. Backup center would start on 330 teams IMO.

Bring in 2 top 60 recruits.

Need more consistent 3P shooting and have to figure out how to divvy up frontcourt minutes. Could be top 10. Could be 20-25.
Ivey is a projected lotto pick?

Wheeler
Frederick
Brooks
Collins
Oscar
I think Mintz starts if he comes back

No clue, really. Lots of parts. Bates was a huge get. Duncomb is gonna be solid. I like the addition of Kopp. Durr will give IU needed depth in the middle(TJD, Race and Duncomb). Who knows are Parker Stewart....I like what I have seen from Xavier Johnson---needs to take better care of the ball. Of course there is Lander, Phinisee and Galloway. Not to mention, Geronimo. Like that kid a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT