ADVERTISEMENT

Will it hurt if your team doesn't win it all this year?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
It'll hurt me due to the team being so likable. Usually I root for myself, UK and bragging rights, but this year, it's about the players.

I really want them to win.

#playersfirst

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Only if Sharpe doesn't play. Will always be a "what if?"...
4bUV7Ls.gif

Auburn fans. Do you feel like this is your best shot or do you think the best is still yet to come?

When is Final Four good enough?

I have to imagine Duke fans with K's farewell tour. 2 Final Fours in the last 18 years is no way to go out.

2019 still hurts.

I like these guys. If we do well the rest of the way and go on a tournament run then it will hurt more.

It'll hurt me due to the team being so likable. Usually I root for myself, UK and bragging rights, but this year, it's about the players.

I really want them to win.

#playersfirst
In CFB there were two teams clearly head and shoulders above the rest. In CBB I think there is a tier of teams that could win it and a second tier of teams that could win it if they figure a few things out or get hot at the right time. I think UT is in the second tier and has a "punchers" chance, but don't expect them to win it all.

I have never had a win it all or bust mind set, so no. Btw, I don't personally know the players and it's not like we are friends, so I can't even comprehend the notion of wanting them to win for their sake alone.

Nope. Fully accepted that this is a true down year for us. Not really focused too much on wins and losses and just trying to appreciate any progress that our players, especially ones that will be here next year, are making. I think we'll be MUCH better next year.

Reactions: duckboy33
Well at first I didn’t think UK would get past the Sweet Sixteen, then Tennessee and Kansas happened and I’ve seen where UK could be playing for a 1 seed in the tournament. Then we squeak out a win against Vandy.

I don’t know what to think. Sometimes when a team exceeds expectations and loses it can hurt more than just living up to their ceiling and losing.

Well at first I didn’t think UK would get past the Sweet Sixteen, then Tennessee and Kansas happened and I’ve seen where UK could be playing for a 1 seed in the tournament. Then we squeak out a win against Vandy.

I don’t know what to think. Sometimes when a team exceeds expectations and loses it can hurt more than just living up to their ceiling and losing.
The fact of the matter is that almost anyone can beat anyone. That is what makes CBB thrilling and disappointing at the same time. We play SCAR at 1:00 and I'm on edge. Should we beat them, yes. Could we lose, yes. However, that's what makes it fun. 😲

The fact of the matter is that almost anyone can beat anyone. That is what makes CBB thrilling and disappointing at the same time. We play SCAR at 1:00 and I'm on edge. Should we beat them, yes. Could we lose, yes. However, that's what makes it fun. 😲
I don’t have a good feeling about bama today.

It hurts every year when the team loses its last game. But this year will hurt a little more because we have the best offense in the country.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m confident about today, TyTy is 100 percent healthy according got him. Bama will be tough at home but if we play our game we will win.
I like your optimism. I worry about which version of our team shows up. Road games haven’t been too kind to us overall. Maybe that’s changed for good now.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like your optimism. I worry about which version of our team shows up. Road games haven’t been too kind to us overall. Maybe that’s changed for good now.
Not sure how we can feel bad about road games going forward. There will be no environment like Kansas going forward and we passed with flying colors. I wouldn’t take too much from the Vandy game. They are bottom 3 in the conference and we got them at home. Sandwiched in between two really tough road games.

I would like to see Tennessee make a run in the tourney. We have had better teams that have floundered in March.
It is time to figure out what it takes and get er done.

Reactions: della
2019 still hurts.

I like these guys. If we do well the rest of the way and go on a tournament run then it will hurt more.
I'm feeling a lot of similarities in the current team and 19. If we can figure out how to pick up our three point shooting we can certainly replicate that run. Especially if Shannon gets healthy and starts playing within the team structure we will be incredibly hard to beat. No other team has had what was supposed to be their their best player miss this much time and still be one of the top teams.

ADVERTISEMENT