ADVERTISEMENT

What improvements or falling offs do you expect from your team this year?

Good observations and I would replace the Ware queston with how our Freshman guard performs.
Ware may be great but it seems like the big step he'd need to take to get there is being assumed. It seems he's a bit like Xavier Booker at MSU...a kid with a ton of potential whose results haven't materialized as yet. He only started 4 games and averaged 15 minutes for an Oregon team that played in the NIT last year.

Could he make a jump? Of course. But it might be premature to assume he will.

Here is Sam Vecenie's scouting report on him:

Seen as a potential one-and-done player entering his freshman year at Oregon, the world was at Ware’s fingertips. He’s a 7-footer who moves like a wing, has legitimate length and has potential to shoot it. The tools are tantalizing. But Ware has long been seen as a relatively polarizing prospect — even as a five-star recruit — due to production that has never necessarily matched the incredible potential. The downside of that, unfortunately, played out this year at Oregon, as Ware was beaten out for frontcourt roles by N’Faly Dante and Nate Bittle.

Ware shot just 46 percent from the field and 27 percent from 3. Ware did not enter the draft this year and was seen as a high-upside swing in the portal.

Ware may be great but it seems like the big step he'd need to take to get there is being assumed. It seems he's a bit like Xavier Booker at MSU...a kid with a ton of potential whose results haven't materialized as yet. He only started 4 games and averaged 15 minutes for an Oregon team that played in the NIT last year.

Seen as a potential one-and-done player entering his freshman year at Oregon, the world was at Ware’s fingertips. He’s a 7-footer who moves like a wing, has legitimate length and has potential to shoot it. The tools are tantalizing. But Ware has long been seen as a relatively polarizing prospect — even as a five-star recruit — due to production that has never necessarily matched the incredible potential. The downside of that, unfortunately, played out this year at Oregon, as Ware was beaten out for frontcourt roles by N’Faly Dante and Nate Bittle.

Ware shot just 46 percent from the field and 27 percent from 3. Ware did not enter the draft this year and was seen as a high-upside swing in the portal.
I agree with all of this. I hope does well but not counting on him for much this season.

@winin11 Hey bammer, I don't know if you keep up with team particulars, but if you do the bammers are a top 10 team, so share something on the bammers.

Anyone know LST's new name? He could probably speak to UConn.

Sometimes a change of scenery is good. Seemed not to fit with Oregon. I think he COULD thrive in Woodsons offense.

Motor has been his issue.

You must have chased down and mugged a UNC fan to come up with that name. Zona is always a tough out. The Vols came up short on our visit there last year. Sounds like y'all are poised to ride Big Mo into another great year.
I graduated in 2001 and they ruined my senior year and I think I was bitter for a decade. Now the handle doesn't make sense but I've had it too long to change. You and I had a little back and forth last year about Tenn vs Arizona and then the Cats crapped the bed in the tourney and Vols embarrassed Duke and I looked like a fool so we're all good now ;) Good luck this season. I know Rick Barnes will have them ready to run through a wall.

I graduated in 2001 and they ruined my senior year and I think I was bitter for a decade. Now the handle doesn't make sense but I've had it too long to change. You and I had a little back and forth last year about Tenn vs Arizona and then the Cats crapped the bed in the tourney and Vols embarrassed Duke and I looked like a fool so we're all good now ;) Good luck this season. I know Rick Barnes will have them ready to run through a wall.
Barnes has been a God send to Tennessee. The Vols are picked to win the SEC and regardless of how that goes he will have us competitive. Good luck to y’all too.

@winin11 Hey bammer, I don't know if you keep up with team particulars, but if you do the bammers are a top 10 team, so share something on the bammers.
it is a new look team for sure. We are a tall team this coming season but not as dominating around the rim like we were with Bediako, Clowney and Miller.
The roster has 6 forwards and 6 guards and several can really score the rock, like Grant Nelson and Eric Estrada (Grad Transfers). If Nate Oats can instill some defensive attitudes on a few of these guys we could be very good.
Enjoyed the football game last night Della, well 2nd half anyway.

Looks like we have had breakdowns of all the teams that should be elite this year. Thanks for participating and making this thread so informative.

Looks like we have had breakdowns of all the teams that should be elite this year. Thanks for participating and making this thread so informative.
If the Vols could replicate their shooting performance they had at Rupp last year that would be great. Going to need you to to get that done for us.

My cousins live in Knoxville and came up for that game. Every time the Vols cut the lead they’d miss an easy shot.

If the Vols could replicate their shooting performance they had at Rupp last year that would be great. Going to need you to to get that done for us.

My cousins live in Knoxville and came up for that game. Every time the Vols cut the lead they’d miss an easy shot.
I can't begin to explain how awkward this is for me, but this thread if for elite teams this year. I realize you meant no harm, but I'm sure there are plenty of non elite threads for UK fans to post in. Maybe, we can meet in one of those and hash things out.

• Haha
Reactions: Jdhays21
They will need "shooters" this year---Lost a few last year. ;)
In a secret scrimmage with TCU one of our freshmen (Sam Walters) had 29 points, and we also acquired a few transfers that can score in Grant Nelson and Eric Estrada.
IMO, if Nate Oats can get them all to play his defensive scheme we will be just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT