ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the ACC?

Who will win the ACC Regular Season Title in 2021?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Duke

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Florida State

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Virginia

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
VT’s game against NC State on Saturday also cancelled. That means that UVA can not finish lower than 2nd in ACC even with loss to Louisville. UVA can get the 1 seed in ACC tourney with win (or cancellation) vs Louisville and a FSU loss. Don’t see FSU losing at home to BC or at ND though. I’ll take the 2 seed though.

VT’s game against NC State on Saturday also cancelled. That means that UVA can not finish lower than 2nd in ACC even with loss to Louisville. UVA can get the 1 seed in ACC tourney with win (or cancellation) vs Louisville and a FSU loss. Don’t see FSU losing at home to BC or at ND though. I’ll take the 2 seed though.

Does this mean that if FSU wins tonight against BC at home, then it’s either an FSU outright regular season win, or FSU and UVA are co-champs and in all co-champ scenarios UVA is the 1 seed?

Does this mean that if FSU wins tonight against BC at home, then it’s either an FSU outright regular season win, or FSU and UVA are co-champs and in all co-champ scenarios UVA is the 1 seed?

I think that’s correct. I haven’t tallied the exact percentages but I know we can’t be 1 seed unless FSU loses

You'll obviously beat BC at home, but if by some chance you lost at Notre Dame (doubtful) and we beat Louisville I'd have to assume we'd be outright champs.

I mean, there's no scenario in which 11-4 is as good at 13-4.

It won't be an issue, however is my guess, and you'll end up outright champs and the top seed in the tourney by winning out.

Last edited:
I think Va Tech ended up just canceling most any game they thought could be difficult.

it’s pretty crazy what they missed out on. Maybe Mike Young has a bonus in his contract if he finishes top 4 in conference. I have a hard time believing that happens if they play their full ACC schedule.

You'll obviously beat BC at home, but if by some chance you lost at Notre Dame (doubtful) and we beat Louisville I'd have to assume we'd be outright champs.

I mean, there's no scenario in which 11-4 is as good at 13-4.

It won't be an issue, however is my guess, and you'll end up outright champs and the top seed in the tourney by winning out.

With the loss columns being the same, I think it would be a co-champs situation, but with UVA having the tiebreaker in seeding due to greater winning percentage.

Reactions: jhmossy
With the loss columns being the same, I think it would be a co-champs situation, but with UVA having the tiebreaker in seeding due to greater winning percentage.

But if both teams win out, FSU will be 12-3 and UVA will be 13-4. I think we would be co-champs in that scenario since technically we wouldn't be any games back in the standings but FSU would get 1-seed due to better winning percentage.

Reactions: GE Nole

I highly doubt it. In calculating standings, 11-4 is a full game behind 13-4. You can go to ESPN right now and look at the ACC standings and it shows us as + 0.5 ahead of you even though you're listed first based on winning percentage.

Like I said, what valid argument can be made by any measure than 11-4 is as good as 13-4?

But also like I said, you're not going to lose so it doesn't matter.

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
But if both teams win out, FSU will be 12-3 and UVA will be 13-4. I think we would be co-champs in that scenario since technically we wouldn't be any games back in the standings but FSU would get 1-seed due to better winning percentage.

Actually, based on how standings are done, this is probably true.

Also, are they all of a sudden going to be clear of all issues after having them for weeks? Why should all the other ACC teams have to play them in the ACCT after they wouldn't play anyone in the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Also, are they all of a sudden going to be clear of all issues after having them for weeks? Why should all the other ACC teams have to play them in the ACCT after they wouldn't play anyone in the regular season.

I hope they can’t play. I don’t want VT’s Covidiots infecting FSU kids just before the NCAAT.

FSU does the expected at home against BC, 93-64. The biggest celebration of the night was the starters on the bench jumping up and down with excitement when a few senior walkons from the Viper squad hit some buckets late. MJ Walker had the curtain call, confirming he’s gone after this year.

FSU heads up to ND this weekend with a chance to win the ACC regular season.

I think FSU rolls. ND was paying decent for a bit but look pretty awful now. I would be surprised if it was close but you never know on the road.

I think FSU rolls. ND was paying decent for a bit but look pretty awful now. I would be surprised if it was close but you never know on the road.

Yeah the road and senior day...never can tell.

I hope they can’t play. I don’t want VT’s Covidiots infecting FSU kids just before the NCAAT.

No lie, Louisvilles obviously super susceptible to it. Keep em away from the ACCT. If they didn’t wanna play the games to get there then they shouldn’t be there.

*if some bs was goin on

Projected seeds in ACC tournament based on Sagarin projections for 4 remaining ACC games tomorrow

Evw8sdaWgAEQTZA

To the Florida St fan who was trashing Tech and others for their loss total, at what point do you start to take quality of wins/losses into account?

Never?

Wow FSU another road loss, this time to Notre Dame. FSU is now 3-4 in road games this season, including 3 double digit losses to unranked teams (the other one by 8). Just saying.

UVA wins regular season with win or cancellation vs Louisville. I say cancel the game and ACC tourney and give UVA the title ;)

Last edited:
It honestly benefits both UVA and Louisville to cancel the game LOL. UVA gets the 1 and Louisville gets the double bye. A UVA loss puts them in the 2 seed and a Louisville loss puts them out of the double bye.

You sure Malik Williams has a foot injury and not out for contact tracing?

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Wow FSU another road loss, this time to Notre Dame. FSU is now 3-4 in road games this season, including 3 double digit losses to unranked teams (the other one by 8). Just saying.

UVA wins regular season with win or cancellation vs Louisville. I say cancel the game and ACC tourney and give UVA the title ;)

We just cannot shoot consistently away from the Tuck this year. And we compound the issue with lackadaisical effort and poor mental toughness. We miss Trent Forrest so bad.

This years team is essentially MJ Walker (who’s not a natural leader) and a bunch of guys who were previously role players. Guys like Gray, Polite, Evans, and Balsa would have benefitted massively from getting good March experience last year. The tourney being canceled sucked on so many levels.

Good luck tonight. Wonder if UVA has some extra pep or comes out a little tight knowing what’s at stake?

Reactions: jhmossy
We just cannot shoot consistently away from the Tuck this year. And we compound the issue with lackadaisical effort and poor mental toughness. We miss Trent Forrest so bad.

This years team is essentially MJ Walker (who’s not a natural leader) and a bunch of guys who were previously role players. Guys like Gray, Polite, Evans, and Balsa would have benefitted massively from getting good March experience last year. The tourney being canceled sucked on so many levels.

Good luck tonight. Wonder if UVA has some extra pep or comes out a little tight knowing what’s at stake?

This UVA team hasn’t showed me a championship mentality all year so my expectations are low. Hoping for the best but expecting to end up as the 2-seed.

This UVA team hasn’t showed me a championship mentality all year so my expectations are low. Hoping for the best but expecting to end up as the 2-seed.

It could be worse lol.

It’s 14-6 and I damn well know we are beat smdh.

Not quite so sure why anyone whose not a uva or cards fan would want to suffer thorough this, but welcome to slow torture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT