ADVERTISEMENT

Who don't you want to face in the tourney

giphy.gif

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Using this mock bracket http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology:

If Maryland does get a 2 seed, here are the potential 7 or 10 seeds I don't want to face:

• UVA
  • Texas Tech
  • Zona

For the first time in my life I’ll be a homer.

At full strength Michigan would probably have been a 3-5 seed but will probably be more like a 7-10 seed after losing a lot with Livers out.

Not a great draw for a 1 or 2 seed.

For the first time in my life I’ll be a homer.

At full strength Michigan would probably have been a 3-5 seed but will probably be more like a 7-10 seed after losing a lot with Livers out.

Not a great draw for a 1 or 2 seed.

And if Big Ten does get 11-12 teams in, we could see some potential all big ten second round match-ups

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Teams close to their home area where we don't have the home court advantage. I don't want to play Dayton near Ohio. I've not looked at future sights, but you get the jist.

I don't want to face Kansas, Baylor, or Duke as I feel like those are the 3 best teams in the country. Potential second round matchups Id like to avoid are Louisville and Florida St.

There are going to be some very 'pesky' teams on the 6-9 seed line.

Reactions: cooljeff
I feel like Houston might be a really tough 2nd round game. They are the best rebounding team in the nation. Play good defense. Mills and Jarreau are crafty. Grimes is playing fairly well this year. They could easily be a second weekend team.

I feel like Houston might be a really tough 2nd round game. They are the best rebounding team in the nation. Play good defense. Mills and Jarreau are crafty. Grimes is playing fairly well this year. They could easily be a second weekend team.

agreed - been unlucky the last two tourneys, Kelvin Sampson has been to the final four before as well.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Arizona could be a challenge for FSU, but I wouldn’t be super happy about Maryland and Baylor being the 2 and 1 seeds, respectively.

Maryland is playing very good basketball right now and Baylor might be the best team in the country.

I’m hoping FSU wins out and earns a 2 seed.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Arizona could be a challenge for FSU, but I wouldn’t be super happy about Maryland and Baylor being the 2 and 1 seeds, respectively.

Maryland is playing very good basketball right now and Baylor might be the best team in the country.

I’m hoping FSU wins out and earns a 2 seed.

Agreed about Zona- have three top 50 freshmen on their squad, preseason top 20 team- would be funny if Maryland and Zona met up- Miller was offered the job before Turge...

Reactions: EVERHARTA
Agreed about Zona- have three top 50 freshmen on their squad, preseason top 20 team- would be funny if Maryland and Zona met up- Miller was offered the job before Turge...
Yeah, they’re talented and figuring it out as they go, but they could be dangerous in the tourney.

And UVA will be a very scary lower seed. I wouldn’t want them as my 10 seed. They have the best defense in the country and drag everybody into a low scoring rock fight.

Doesn't matter who UK faces, every damn game is a rock fight.

Seems like they would stay within a bucket of the LA Lakers, but then allow Vanderbilt to have a 7 point lead with 5 minutes to go.

We get up 10 points and start doing stupid shit. Never seen a pg turn the ball over so much in my life… .. but he's going to go to the NBA after this year.

Ah, just keep Evansville and Utah out of our bracket.

Who would you want as the one seed in your bracket?

I think I’d prefer SDSU.

Seems like they would stay within a bucket of the LA Lakers, but then allow Vanderbilt to have a 7 point lead with 5 minutes to go.

We get up 10 points and start doing stupid shit. Never seen a pg turn the ball over so much in my life… .. but he's going to go to the NBA after this year.

IQ is a local kid (John Carroll high) from Maryland- is he staying after this season?

UK has a lot of talented young players and get every team’s best shot. It’s not surprising they are in a lot of close games.

UK has the make-up of a team who could get bounced in the first game of the tourney or make a Final Four run. There’s a lot of potential variance there.

UK has a lot of talented young players and get every team’s best shot. It’s not surprising they are in a lot of close games.

UK has the make-up of a team who could get bounced in the first game of the tourney or make a Final Four run. There’s a lot of potential variance there.
Agreed. I also think you just described every team this year.

Agreed. I also think you just described every team this year.
True, and it depends on seeding. UK is currently a 5 seed according to bracket matrix. I think they’ll end up as a 4 seed. That would make a big difference for the first weekend. A lot less likely that they lose to a 13 seed than a 12 seed.

IQ is a local kid (John Carroll high) from Maryland- is he staying after this season?
He should, but at UK, that's not the norm. He doesn't have the game yet and isn't on any draft boards, so hopefully he comes back for year 3, but he would be a rare bird if he became a junior at UK.

Spot on.

I get tired of seeing road arenas that are packed to the gills and going bananas when UK comes to town. The 1-18 team they are playing plays like their hair is on fire and it's a dogfight.

Next game, you can hear crickets and that team gets blown out by a middle of the pack team.

But this year, UK has some really good road wins in some hostile environments, but they find ways to turn blowouts into single possession games at the end. It's not good for the heart.

Virginia is Iowa’s worst possible matchup because Iowa loves to push the pace and Virginia will slow it down and make it a half-court game.

Reactions: jhmossy
Virginia is Iowa’s worst possible matchup because Iowa loves to push the pace and Virginia will slow it down and make it a half-court game.
Man, I really hate when FSU plays UVA for the same reason. They limit possessions and slow everything down. The next thing you know there’s a minute left in the game and it’s a one possession game.

ADVERTISEMENT