ADVERTISEMENT

Where do the real Blue Bloods go from here

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Disappointing season for KU and Duke that were 1 and 2 pre season ranked and both finished as 4 seeds.
UK losing to a double digit seed in the first round.
UNC was the most surprising. Getting a 1 seed after last years NIT. But lost in the S16 after hopes of another FF run...

Behind the scenes BIll Self was pissed about this season, scoopers say he wanted to replace all starters except Hunter Dickinson . They already have Kugel from Florida from the portal. I expect for them to add Liam McNeeley and add 2 other portals names. Zeke Mayo is one to watch.

UNC I expect to get a portal big. I am interested to see if RJ Davis returns. If so what does Cadeau and Trimble do ? I don't see both Withers and Washington returning.

Duke will be interesting. I expect McCain and Flip to leave. What does Proctor do will be the key to their ceiling. I do expect a couple portal additions , a Ryan Young type to pair with Flagg.

UK is the most interesting. Does CAL hit the portal hard? If he tries what does that mean, it's been known they lack in the NIL department. Freshmen go to be a one and done. Who all leaves and stays ?

My predictions!

Kansas

Hunter Dickinson
AJ Storr
Riley Kugel
Zeke Mayo
Dejuan Harris

Bench - KJ Adams, Flory Bidunga, Liam McNeeley, portal PG, Rakease Passmore, Philon, Transfer Big

Grad/NBA - Kevin McCullar, Johnny Furphy, Parker Braun, Nick Timberlake ... Transfers Elmarko Jackson and Jamari McDowell

Kentucky

Jayden Quiantance
Adou Theiro
BJ Freeman (transfer)
Boogie Fland
DJ Wagner

Bench - Karter Knox, Jordan Burks, Joey Hart, Cyril Somto , transfer guard, transfer big, Travis Perry

NBA/Grad - Antonio Reeves, Rob Dillingham, Tre Mitchell, Reed Shephard, Ivisic, Justin Edwards... Transfer - Ugonna , Bradshaw

UNC

Transfer Center
Harrison Ingram
Drake Powell
Elliott Cadeau
RJ Davis

Bench - Ian Jackson, Jalen Withers, Zayden High , James Brown, Transfer Guard, Transfer Guard, Transfer Wing

Grad/NBA - Bacot, Wojcik, Cormac Ryan . Transfers - Jalen Washington, Seth Trimble...

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

Bench - Sean Stewart, Jaylen Blakes, Kon Knueppel, Isaiah Evans, Darren Harris, Transfer PG , Transfer wing...

NBA / Grad - Filipowski, McCain, Reeves, Young... Transfer - TJ Power.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Disappointing season for KU and Duke that were 1 and 2 pre season ranked and both finished as 4 seeds.
UNC was the most surprising. Getting a 1 seed after last years NIT. But lost in the S16 after hopes of another FF run...

Behind the scenes BIll Self was pissed about this season, scoopers say he wanted to replace all starters except Hunter Dickinson . They already have Kugel from Florida from the portal. I expect for them to add Liam McNeeley and add 2 other portals names. Zeke Mayo is one to watch.

UNC I expect to get a portal big. I am interested to see if RJ Davis returns. If so what does Cadeau and Trimble do ? I don't see both Withers and Washington returning.

Duke will be interesting. I expect McCain and Flip to leave. What does Proctor do will be the key to their ceiling. I do expect a couple portal additions , a Ryan Young type to pair with Flagg.

UK is the most interesting. Does CAL hit the portal hard? If he tries what does that mean, it's been known they lack in the NIL department. Freshmen go to be a one and done. Who all leaves and stays ?

My predictions!

Kansas

Hunter Dickinson
AJ Storr
Riley Kugel
Zeke Mayo
Dejuan Harris

Bench - KJ Adams, Flory Bidunga, Liam McNeeley, portal PG, Rakease Passmore, Philon, Transfer Big

Grad/NBA - Kevin McCullar, Johnny Furphy, Parker Braun, Nick Timberlake ... Transfers Elmarko Jackson and Jamari McDowell

Kentucky

Jayden Quiantance
Adou Theiro
BJ Freeman (transfer)
Boogie Fland
DJ Wagner

Bench - Karter Knox, Jordan Burks, Joey Hart, Cyril Somto , transfer guard, transfer big, Travis Perry

NBA/Grad - Antonio Reeves, Rob Dillingham, Tre Mitchell, Reed Shephard, Ivisic, Justin Edwards... Transfer - Ugonna , Bradshaw

UNC

Transfer Center
Harrison Ingram
Drake Powell
Elliott Cadeau
RJ Davis

Bench - Ian Jackson, Jalen Withers, Zayden High , James Brown, Transfer Guard, Transfer Guard, Transfer Wing

Grad/NBA - Bacot, Wojcik, Cormac Ryan . Transfers - Jalen Washington, Seth Trimble...

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

Bench - Sean Stewart, Jaylen Blakes, Kon Knueppel, Isaiah Evans, Darren Harris, Transfer PG , Transfer wing...

I’d take that, but I kinda doubt he’ll send KJ to the bench.

RJ Davis still has eligibility? Da ****?

My predictions!

Kansas

Hunter Dickinson
AJ Storr
Riley Kugel
Zeke Mayo
Dejuan Harris

Kentucky

Jayden Quiantance
Adou Theiro
BJ Freeman (transfer)
Boogie Fland
DJ Wagner

UNC

Transfer Center
Harrison Ingram
Drake Powell
Elliott Cadeau
RJ Davis

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

Theiro entered the portal

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I wouldn't be surprised if Ingram goes pro. Hope not but I could see him being done with college and trying to play somewhere.

You forgot Richmond for UKs roster. Unless he recently decommitted and I missed it.
Not trolling, but you guys have a lot of commits. Do you expect all of them to keep the commitment? If the idea is to get older, then I’m assuming some of those roster spots will go to transfers.

Maybe it just depends on who stays / goes.

Not trolling, but you guys have a lot of commits. Do you expect all of them to keep the commitment? If the idea is to get older, then I’m assuming some of those roster spots will go to transfers.

Maybe it just depends on who stays / goes.

Honestly have no idea what happens. I expect a lot of people to leave. So even if we hit the transfer portal hard, we'll still need all the incoming Freshman. Hopefully Cal puts together a team that is willing to accept roles and not hold him hostage over playing time.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I just don’t think who’s on Kentucky’s roster is going to matter next season. Cal is going to be the coach. And no matter who we have he’s going to throw a bunch of games doing dumb shit with the roster and sub patterns. Not playing his best lineups, and little to no improvement throughout the course of the season.

But i guess for the sake of conversation i’ll play along.

Starters:
Pg DJ Wagner or Boogie Fland(i think DJ actually returns)
Sg Freeman?
Sf Knox
Pf Quantance
C Somto/Z/transfer center one of the 3.

Bench: Burks, Richmond, Thiero(i do think Thiero ultimately comes back) Fland… these are guesses.

it sounds like Bradshaw is going to transfer. I’d guess Edward’s probably goes pro and just like Livingston, Klutch gets him on a roster.

Shepherd will probably go. He’s a lotto pick most likely.

I’m surprised Knox and Richmond both committed. They both talked like they expect to start and more or less be one and done. They play the same position. Unless Cal sold one of them on playing the 2. Which wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

I don’t see us being better than we were this year. Our outside shooting and guards ability to score carried us. There’s no way we’re shooting 41% from 3 again.

Honestly have no idea what happens. I expect a lot of people to leave. So even if we hit the transfer portal hard, we'll still need all the incoming Freshman. Hopefully Cal puts together a team that is willing to accept roles and not hold him hostage over playing time.

The thing is, Edward’s and Wagner are both good dudes and teammates that wanted to win more than anything. I’m willing to bet if he’d brought them off the bench neither one of them would have moped or sulked over it.

Wagner especially just strikes me as the type of kid that doesn’t need to lie to himself about how good he is or isn’t. A true competitor.

My predictions!

Kansas

Hunter Dickinson
AJ Storr
Riley Kugel
Zeke Mayo
Dejuan Harris

Kentucky

Jayden Quiantance
Adou Theiro
BJ Freeman (transfer)
Boogie Fland
DJ Wagner

UNC

Transfer Center
Harrison Ingram
Drake Powell
Elliott Cadeau
RJ Davis

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

You don’t think Khaman Maluach will be starting for Duke?

Reactions: ceilo77
Odd. Wouldn't UK have to re-offer him? They don't have to take him back. And its my understanding if you enter the portal, your scholarship is no longer availbale?
Technically, scholarships are year-to-year anyway. Besides, Cal has never utilized his full allotment of 13. I would do the same thing if I were a player. May as well explore all options, especially in the NIL era.

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

Khaman Maluach, a projected top 3 pick in the 2025 NBA draft, is definitely starting for Duke at Center.

The lineup is in complete flux till we know who stays and who goes pro or transfers. McCain, Proctor, Roach, Foster, Blakes, Mitchell, Power and Stewart could all return or leave.

My best guess at a starting lineup:

G: Proctor
G: Foster
F: Evans
F: Flagg
C: Maluach

My predictions!

Kansas

Hunter Dickinson
AJ Storr
Riley Kugel
Zeke Mayo
Dejuan Harris

Kentucky

Jayden Quiantance
Adou Theiro
BJ Freeman (transfer)
Boogie Fland
DJ Wagner

UNC

Transfer Center
Harrison Ingram
Drake Powell
Elliott Cadeau
RJ Davis

DUKE

Transfer Big
Mark Mitchell
Cooper Flagg
Caleb Foster
Tyrese Proctor

How excited are KU fans about Kugel? Golden basically benched him at UF, and Florida looked much better with him out of the lineup/playing limited minutes.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Hopefully Calipari has a sudden change of heart and retires. Otherwise I don't care about next year barring Sheppard coming back tbh. It'll be the same old song and dance.
Same here. I have lost all faith in Cal. Next year will be a repeat of this year and last year and the year before that.

Cal will not change and he will not listen to any person.

Kentucky has ridden the Cal horse into mediocrity.

Same here. I have lost all faith in Cal. Next year will be a repeat of this year and last year and the year before that.

This offseason will define Uk's next season. Keep players, raise the average age, bring in straight physical dogs from the portal, and let them play.

Read this morning that Dillingham might be coming back. I find that very hard to believe as he was my first guess to leave. Thero potentially leaving hurts.

UK can't rely on freshman next season, if so, it'll be rinse and repeat.

This offseason will define Uk's next season. K

But it was the "offseason" that would define Kentucky following the 9-16 year.

Then two years ago it was the "offseason" where big changes would be made. Last year the "offseason" changes (revamped offense) were going to fix things. It's like some of you don't fvcking get it.

Kentucky Basketball is simply broken. The rot has set in and has been metastasizing toward the brain for the last 5 years. It will remain broken until it goes through a major reset with a new coach and hopefully soon a new athletic director.

Letting him return after the 9-16 season was when Kentucky became ok with mediocrity. Tubby was ran off for far, far less. We're not even a top program in the SEC at the moment. Bringing in more 5 stars ain't gonna change that either.

Where do all the real blue bloods go from here? Here are the answers:

Kansas: Lots of sister banging and raping of any relatives who don't consent

Duke: the usual off season pegging of the newest and shiniest recruit. Watch your butt hole Cooper!

Kentucky: See Kansas except their relatives always consent

North Carolina: printing Tshirts that read "At least we didn't lose to State in the Elite8"

UCLA: Gearing up for their big conference rivalry games vs Maryland, Penn State and Rutgers!

Indiana: LOL

The emotional ownage to post something so idiotic ... it's going to inspire developmentally delayed young persons fornever.

Not shocked it was perceived so well my our fellow posters. 🤣🫠
Where do all the real blue bloods go from here? Here are the answers:

Kansas: Lots of sister banging and raping of any relatives who don't consent

Duke: the usual off season pegging of the newest and shiniest recruit. Watch your butt hole Cooper!

Kentucky: See Kansas except their relatives always consent

North Carolina: printing Tshirts that read "At least we didn't lose to State in the Elite8"

UCLA: Gearing up for their big conference rivalry games vs Maryland, Penn State and Rutgers!

Indiana: LOL

Last edited:
This offseason will define Uk's next season. Keep players, raise the average age, bring in straight physical dogs from the portal, and let them play.

Read this morning that Dillingham might be coming back. I find that very hard to believe as he was my first guess to leave. Thero potentially leaving hurts.

UK can't rely on freshman next season, if so, it'll be rinse and repeat.
It really doesn't matter, he picks 2 guys every year to be his favorites that he stays with until it's too late and if any of these new freshmen are repped by Klutch, you can bet promises were made.

But Cal is obsessed with trying to prove everyone wrong, so he can mock them in his victorious post game pressers, but he ignores all the times his methods failed.

He also prides himself on not scouting the opponent and thinks he can tell his players to "just go out there and play".

That doesn't work, you have to prepare for your opponent, you can't just out-athlete everyone now.

There is just too many things that Cal has to change and he is too stubborn to do it. He has 6 freshmen signed and he is just now realizing that young teams "maybe aren't the best way to go", but now it's too late, it's going to be another young team and a team that has never played together before, so we're starring at another 10 loss season and first weekend exit.

Dude got fat on his money and turned into a complete narcissistic clown show that bases his lineups and playing time on getting kids noticed for the draft and then flips the fans the bird. He lost a lot of loyal fans with that Oakland loss.

It just sucks that he's okay with looking like a player agent instead of a college basketball king and for what, to brag that he got these players drafted? That's a weird brag, all these kids were getting drafted no matter where they went to school. This is so bizarre.

But it was the "offseason" that would define Kentucky following the 9-16 year.

Then two years ago it was the "offseason" where big changes would be made. Last year the "offseason" changes (revamped offense) were going to fix things. It's like some of you don't fvcking get it.

Kentucky Basketball is simply broken. The rot has set in and has been metastasizing toward the brain for the last 5 years. It will remain broken until it goes through a major reset with a new coach and hopefully soon a new athletic director.
We have said "Cal has to redeem himself next year, or he's really going to hear it" and we just keep saying it and he keeps failing.

He hired an offensive coordinator and that definitely cured the outdated offense, but now, it looks like UK, who pays Cal 9 million a year, has to ALSO hire a defensive coordinator. Well, why do we need Cal? He’s a mess and he knows it.

The issue is, UK fans are so obsessed with UK basketball that they will pack the stands and Mitch gets off scott free. The fans need to stop going to the games. Until that happens, nothing will change.

Last edited:
We have said "Cal has to redeem himself next year, or he's really going to hear it and we just keep saying it and he keeps failing.

He hired an offensive coordinator and that definitely cured the outdated offense, but now it looks like UK, who pays Cal 9 million a year, has to ALSO hire a defensive coordinator. Well, why do we need Cal? He’s a mess and he knows it.

The issue is, UK fans are so obsessed with UK basketball that they will pack the stands and Mitch gets off scott free. The fans need to stop going to the games. Until that happens, nothing will change.
If season ticket holders stop going to games, there will be a line of folks who love Kentucky willing to buy them.

We'll never see an empty Rupp.

That’s what I'm saying and Mitch knows it too.
The great thing about sports is folk can bail anytime when times get tough. There are plenty of fans willing to carry the torch.

It's one of the best aspects of sports. For every one person who leaves, there are five more willing to step up.

Who's the natural replacement at UK after Cal though? Its not going to be easy to replace him with a better option.

At least Cal gives you the recruiting, what if the new guy can't even do that at a high level?

Who's the natural replacement at UK after Cal though? Its not going to be easy to replace him with a better option.

At least Cal gives you the recruiting, what if the new guy can't even do that at a high level?
He will have to develop the lower level players like NC State did this year.

Cal has refused to coach the last 8 years. He is a total failure. He is an NBA scout getting paid $9 million a year by a school he is screwing.

ADVERTISEMENT