ADVERTISEMENT

What's your pre season rankings?

Not a concern as a fan. Play who is hot.
Totally understand the sentiment, just not so sure its quite that simple.

I mean, as stated, yall are DEEP 1-12, but usually even the most ambitious coaches play 10 man rotations, havent seen many 12 man rotations. But again about the best problem you can have. Unless u dont value depth or consider potential injuries like sherrif 😂

Im guessing collins can play the 5 as well as the 4. Depth at the 5 is probably the only ? Roster wise besides the mins/rotation. I still dont see how all the 4s and 2s get clock. hell i totally forgot about ware, guess hes the logical choice for backup 5, unless collins is just better.

I guess someone will have to play the sf position from the 2s or 4s group. Toppin and Allen seem to be the best options for that imo unless grady is a better option indont know much about him except he got buckets at his former school.

Or maybe hopkins even idk, thats sonething that yall will probly have to figure out as the season progresses and it woukdnt surprise me to see diff starters at the 3 based on matchups.

Im curious/dreading to see how toppin progressed in the offseason, bc all last year everyone talked how he was a year or two away from being a counted on contributor. But as the year went on i thought him and jackson were yalls best players. Plus dude made boatloads of TOUGH shots, which is invaluable.

Im not sure his 3pt shooting is a strength, but after seeing how much he progressed during the season, which was obv all kinds of effed up for everyone, i wouldnt be surprised if hes a stud this year.

But then again i dont know where that leaves hopkins, collins, and brooks PT wise.

Last edited:
Im curious/dreading to see how toppin progressed in the offseason, bc all last year everyone talked how he was a year or two away from being a counted on contributor. But as the year went on i thought him and jackson were yalls best players. Plus dude made boatloads of TOUGH shots, which is invaluable.

Im not sure his 3pt shooting is a strength, but after seeing how much he progressed during the season, which was obv all kinds of effed up for everyone, i wouldnt be surprised if hes a stud this year.

But then again i dont know where that leaves hopkins, collins, and brooks PT wise.
I've read nothing but great things about Toppin. The 3 spot will be the key, small line up we run 3 guards, of course big line up we run 3 bigs. Toppin has shown he's got a pull up game and can hit shots.

Also I think Brooks will be one of the players with the most minutes. JMO

The freshman will take the back seat more than any other year in the Cal era. Except Tyty of course. Depends on his D.

So your seeing OT brooks and toppin as the starting front court. Thats pretty stacked.

I like brooks game as well. Wasnt he hurt most of his frosh season, or just buried behind richards and EJ? Regardless he won me over with the criminal charge he got for hammering on whoever. Hes pretty versatile as well, but Im not sure he can play anything other than the 4. Imo toppin woukd be the much better candidate for the 3 spot.

But i also wouldnt be suprised to see it be allen or grady to get mintz and tyty to man the back court. Ive still got boston reflux so ima have to see tyty in action before i make too many predictions regarding him, really same for grady hopkins and collins as well. Ive seen the others play a couple times at least.

Dont quite remember frederick but he transferred from iowa so i assume hes white and can shoot but could be way off there as well.

I will make a bet with anyone right now Kentucky goes further in March than Texas
Please specify, if you are talking about the ncaa men's basketball tournament that takes place in 2022, I'll take that bet. UK has to go one round further than Texas, you lose the bet. If they both lose in the same round, you lose the bet. If UK doesn't make the tourney (again), you lose the bet.

If yes, what are your terms?

I was in first but i guess we can have a bidding war. My team wears adidas **** it

I was in first but i guess we can have a bidding war. My team wears adidas **** it
He can bet more than one person since he's so confident.

But I want him to clearly state that is UK doesn't make the tourney, he loses.

I highly doubt thats gonna be a problem, but i figured they would last year as well so who knows.

Hell ill give you 2:1 odds that UK makes the tourney if your into giving away money.

1. Kansas
2. Zags
3. Michigan
4. Kentucky (assuming we get one of Kofi/Duren)
5. Texas
6. UCLA
7. Duke
8. Nova
9. Arkansas
10. Baylor
Kentucky didn't get Kofi, and I still don't think we get Duren. With Texas grabbing Carr, updated:

1. Kansas
2. Texas
3. Zags
4. Michigan
5. UCLA
6. Duke
7. Nova
8. Kentucky
9. Arkansas
10. Baylor

I don't think you can make a great case for Kentucky having a better roster than Texas, as of today.

I read somewhere that they're talking about TyTy as their best overall player in workouts. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm not sold on him being a star this year.

Fans of successful programs are gonna naturally look at their roster in a positive way as opposed to underselling. If you're used to seeing the team play late in the season you naturally expect the ceiling out of what you got.

You get some weirdos that over value what their teams are holding, they are probably just trolling having some fun looking to clown on people that take it too seriously.

I don't think you can make a great case for Kentucky having a better roster than Texas, as of today.

I read somewhere that they're talking about TyTy as their best overall player in workouts. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm not sold on him being a star this year.
I say thats a good thing from their prospective, i mean we already have a pretty good idea that brooks, toppin, oscar, grady, and mintz are all pretty solid players, (not to mention all the ppl i missed) so if hes better than those, that would seem like a good sign imo

1. UCLA
2. Gonzaga
3. Texas
4. Kansas
5. Michigan
6. Villanova
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. Oregon
10. Kentucky
11. Illinois
12. Baylor
13. Tennessee
14. Houston
15. North Carolina
16. Arkansas
17. Texas Tech
18. Florida State
19. Alabama
20. Saint Bonaventure
21. Ohio State
22. Arizona
23. Oklahoma State
24. Maryland
25. Xavier

Just missed: Memphis, Auburn, Indiana

Okay, I just stumbled on this thread when I was searching for something unrelated to the posts below. I missed a bit on my top 25 picks, as I always do. But, looks like most of my posts ITT that were met with opposition, were accurate.

Elite freshman recruits being underrated as usual on this board. I"ll take an uproven Caleb Houstan all day over Jaden Ivy despite having only seen clips of the former play based on what the scouts have said.

Michigan should run away in the B1G.

Houstan over Ivey? No thanks. Ivey will likely be a top 25 player next season. I could easily see him making one of the All-American teams.

Ivey over Houston. Check. All-American? Check.

So UVA no better than 5th in the ACC, huh? I'll take that bet.

I want to say I had UVA coming in at #29. And yes, 5th in the conference.

Gardner is a great offensive talent. Not sure he can necessarily be transformed into a good defender in one season. But, Bennett has certainly proved people wrong before.

UVA did not finish better than 5th. Check.

I'm certain this is wrong, but these might be my top 10 backcourts.

1. Kansas

Sheesh. This is how I should evaluate teams that are most likely to win a title. Backcourts. Forget about the frontcourt. Yes, Gonzaga, Duke, and Auburn, among others, all had really good frontcourts. But, the ball is in the hands of guards the majority of the time. An elite backcourt is more likely to win you a title than an elite frontcourt. Just look at the past 4 champs - Kansas (Agbaji-Braun-Martin), Baylor (Butler-Mitchell-Teague), Virginia (Guy-Jerome-Hunter), Villanova (Brunson-Bridges-DiVincenzo-Booth). If I look at the past 12 national champs, I think '12 Kentucky and '17 UNC are the only teams that have an argument for having a stronger frontcourt.

I don’t think Diabate starts unless there’s an injury

I'm guessing Johns will start the season. He's okay. Just think Diabate will take over at some point.

Made a whole post on Johns on our home board. As a starter he averages ~10ppg and 4 rpg on 50% from the field and 35% from three. He's a bit underrated because we've had such good wings ahead of him.

Not exactly gaudy numbers. He has career shooting averages of 50% and 35% anyway, so it doesn't appear that starting does a whole lot to his percentages. He's good enough to start, I'll grant you that. Most likely the #5 option on the team. Just not sure he'll be able to hold off a potential first rounder from stealing his minutes for the entirety of the season.

Nailed the Diabate-Johns argument. Johns started, and Diabate shortly took over.

This was a fun flashback. A couple things.

Glad I didn't make any predictions ITT because if I did I'm sure they would have been awful.
Missing Sheriff if you ain't you a lie.
Somewhere on either Pg2 or Pg3 I told UK fans to EAD and I stand by that sentiment.

RollLaugh

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT