ADVERTISEMENT

What's you Schedule for next year?

Kentucky @ Gonzaga might be the most intriguing matchup of the non-conference season.

Maybe Oscar can convince Timme to switch sides?

FQabhB5WYAM8Hyq

Notable Non-Conference Games:

-Kansas (Indianapolis, IN)
-PK85 (Portland, OR): Maybe Oregon State, Florida, Gonzaga
-Ohio State (home)
-Iowa (New York, NY)

I'm down with 4 years.

...and I see says the blind man to his deaf wife. Cal's being coy. Same thing he did with them here in Memphis.
Exactly. I am arguing with the homers on HoB about this right now. Cal is bitching out about playing them on their home court, plain and simple. He knows it's a crazy environment. He had no problem playing Notre Dame last year in their 9K seat arena though? 🤔 🤔 🤔

Did you watch the video where he kept harping they want everything (date/home) while talking to Fewwy...is so he can get this one thing.

It's not that huge of a deal but it is a deal. Make no mistake about it. It's home and semi-neutral.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I’m so confused why Cal is whining about playing at Gonzaga first? Who cares…..
Yeah, so weird. He is cringey sometimes. Word is Cal was/is trying to get a home-and-home with UNC going again but they didn't have the availability this year, so Gonzaga filled the spot.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Did you watch the video where he kept harping they want everything (date/home) while talking to Fewwy...is so he can get this one thing.

It's not that huge of a deal but it is a deal. Make no mistake about it. It's home and semi-neutral.
Yeah, it's stupid. Cal is just being a lil bitch honestly, and Few is just basically like "whatever dude, we'll play you anywhere". The part towards the end was awkward too, when Cal said something like, "princess won't go to Spokane" or something like that. I assume Cal was talking about his wife, but that really didn't make much sense and I got the impression based on Few's response that he thought Cal was calling him a princess. 😂 It was just kind of an awkward exchange all around.

Yeah, it's stupid. Cal just being a lil bitch honestly, and Few is just basically like "whatever dude, we'll play you anywhere". The part towards the end was awkward too, talking about princess won't go to Spokane or something like that. I assume Cal was talking about his wife, but that really didn't make much sense and I got the impression based on Few's response that he thought Cal was calling him a princess. 😂 It was honestly just kind of an awkward exchange all around.
he was talking about his wife and I hope "Fewwy" takes it on.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Exactly. I am arguing with the homers on HoB about this right now. Cal is bitching out about playing them on their home court, plain and simple. He knows it's a crazy environment. He had no problem playing Notre Dame last year in their 9K seat arena though? 🤔 🤔 🤔

I can’t get over how hard some of those Uk fans straight up sell the program out for Calipari. I don’t get it man.

Calipari got Memphis to move from the pyramid (also off campus) and go to FedEx. Huge deal at the time.

He's never used Rupp as off-campus while at UK like he did here. As far as I know.

The Bahamas trip should be helpful for sure.
I can't wait to see the UK team.

At the moment I have no concept of what they may be. I can only remember the debacle of St. Peter's.

In the St. Peter's game Cal shit the bed. He screwed up the team on a scale that can't be imagined in UK history.

He really shit the bed big time. You can't blame the players, only Cal.

I can't wait to see the UK team.

At the moment I have no concept of what they may be. I can only remember the debacle of St. Peter's.

In the St. Peter's game Cal shit the bed. He screwed up the team on a scale that can't be imagined in UK history.

He really shit the bed big time. You can't blame the players, only Cal.

I think SOME blame goes on certain players but at the end of the day Cal is running the team. He absolutely came unglued on the sideline in that game. It wasn’t something we haven’t seen before but for those hoping he had overcome certain weaknesses as a coach it was sombering evidence that was unfortunately not the case. I made fun of bill self for years for choking away so many one seeds, and you know, despite the two titles bill self is still kind of bad as a one seed. But Cal may have overtaken him as the bigger march choker with that st. peter’s debacle.

If you watched the open scrimmage…you can’t take too much from that but you can tell that this team is long, athletic and skilled. More so than last year. We have the pieces to not just contend but possibly be THE favorite heading into the tourney. Cal remains the biggest question mark. And my excitement for any UK team has a pretty low ceiling as long as he’s the head coach. I still think the sooner UK can move on from him the better the program will be in the long term. He’s just not as motivated by winning as you’d like for the head coach of the top program in the sport(all time not currently) to be.

Some of those schedules listed are "cute".
Michigan State:
Gonzaga on the Aircraft Carrier
Kentucky (Champions Classic)
Villanova (Gavitt Games)
Alabama (PK 85) + others in that Field
Notre Dame (B1G10/ACC Challenge)

The "anybody who wants us to play in a 6,000, wants us to lose" comment is weird shit. If i were Few I'd want the return game at Freedom Hall, and my reasoning would be---"anyone that wants us to play in front of 24,000 people, wants us to lose....." 😁
He played a home-and-home with Notre Dame in 2020 and last year (lost both) and the attendance at the game in South Bend was only 8,283. Gonzaga currently has a 67-game home win streak and that probably has Cal scared. I don't know why he wouldn't want to take a crack at breaking that. Noooo, you have to play us right down the street at the other arena. Such a bitch.

That reads to me like Cal plans to be gone by 2027. Seems odd that the schedule flip flops in those last two games, making The Kennel the last game in the series.... 🤔

2022: Spokane Arena (Gonzaga)
2023: Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
2024: Seattle (Gonzaga)
2025: Nashville (Kentucky)
2026: Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
2027: The Kennel (Gonzaga)

That reads to me like Cal plans to be gone by 2027. Seems odd that the schedule flip flops in those last two games, making The Kennel the last game in the series.... 🤔

2022: Spokane Arena (Gonzaga)
2023: Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
2024: Seattle (Gonzaga)
2025: Nashville (Kentucky)
2026: Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
2027: The Kennel (Gonzaga)
I didn't think he'd be here (coaching) until 2027 prior to this.

I didn't think he'd be here (coaching) until 2027 prior to this.
Yeah, I'm sure he already knows when he wants to retire and it could be well before that, but this could be telling given his prior refusal to play at the Kennel. He might've said, "yeah, go ahead and schedule it... I'll be done by then anyway." That way Few still gets what he wants, even though Cal won't be the coach by then.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT