ADVERTISEMENT

What's a Band you despise?

What do you have against Linkin Park?

Can't stand that whole wave of mainstream rock/nu metal stuff from 20 years ago. I just think there's no taste or originality there. I'm guessing a lot of the appeal to you is nostalgia. Like Gen Xers who think Pearl Jam was the pinnacle of rock history.

If you favor Linkin Park over The Who, Pink Floyd, Beatles (or even Green Day), we obviously have very different tastes. To each their own.

Never liked Green Day after Dookie. Some bands peak early.

I like Meticalla growing up but after Justice for all...just kind of ehh. Black album was ok. a couple of songs of Load was ok, but not the straight a side to b side listening I was used to.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
Can't stand that whole wave of mainstream rock/nu metal stuff from 20 years ago. I just think there's no taste or originality there. I'm guessing a lot of the appeal to you is nostalgia. Like Gen Xers who think Pearl Jam was the pinnacle of rock history.

If you favor Linkin Park over The Who, Pink Floyd, Beatles (or even Green Day), we obviously have very different tastes. To each their own.
I mean I do like Linkin Park, and part of it is they were up and coming when I was growing up. But even when new tracks drop (pre recorded songs when Chester was still alive) I make sure to listen to them and for the most part, I really enjoy them.

I love classic rock too, though. Don't get me wrong. Those are just some of the older bands I don't care for.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Probably an unpopular opinion but 311 comes to Memphis all the time and I hardly miss a show.

No need to justify. I feel like folks should be music promiscuous. Try stuff out, never know when you may find something you really love in a genre you never thought you would like. Its like drinking spirits. Why stick with just bourbon, scotch etc when there are so many interesting things to try?

I think you can trace the start of Pearl Jam's downfall to when Eddie Vedder became BFFs with Neil Young and started bringing him on stage for all their performances.
Funny. Yield and No Code say hello.

Probably an unpopular opinion but 311 comes to Memphis all the time and I hardly miss a show.

Saw them several times in my HS/college days. I think they went downhill pretty fast after the first 3-4 albums, but those early albums are great, especially the first. Goofy as shit, but a lot of talent/originality.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Saw them several times in my HS/college days. I think they went downhill pretty fast after the first 3-4 albums, but those early albums are great, especially the first. Goofy as shit, but a lot of talent/originality.
It's the same show/vibe/hangouts every time.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I''ve never been a fan of Journey.

For starters, there's an issue with the line "Just a city boy born and raised in south Detroit."
South Detroit is actually Windsor, Ontario in Canada. Fvck em.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I''ve never been a fan of Journey.

For starters, there's an issue with the line "Just a city boy born and raised in south Detroit."
South Detroit is actually Windsor, Canada. Fvck em.
it's all sorts of F-d up that Windsor is in Canada yet south of Detroit.

Great strip clubs there.

Reactions: Sparty_57
You guys are so gay
mom.gif

I really don't like the Avett Brothers or Widespread Panic. Both have a cult following and I just am not that into it

Popular bands I don't think much of:
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
The Who
Grateful Dead

Bands I actually hate:
Green Day
U2

GOAT:
Eagles

Some of y'all hating on some good bands. Nickelback is fun to hate but they've got some good stuff that nobody will admit to liking.
Agree----Eagles, Absolute GOAT

Pass

Jimmy Hendrix
Acdc
Disturbed (except sound of silence)
Phil Collins (except the drum drop)

Robyn Trower
Steely Dan
Pink Floyd
Buffet
Guns n Roses
Clapton
Allman Bros
Lynrd Skynrd

Never liked Green Day after Dookie. Some bands peak early.

I like Meticalla growing up but after Justice for all...just kind of ehh. Black album was ok. a couple of songs of Load was ok, but not the straight a side to b side listening I was used to.

Metallica hasn’t produced a hit in nearly 30 years. I loved them when i was a kid. It’s just like you said, after And Justice For All their sound changed so drastically.

I wouldn’t say i hate them now though.

I don’t listen to the radio anymore so there isn’t much reason for me to hate a band. Trying to think of a band i may have gotten sick of hearing back when i did listen to radio.

Oh i got one. Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was never a fan. And the local radio played the absolute shit out of them. So yeah i was pretty sick of them at that point.

Bob Seager- Hate them the first time and still hate them today.

Not so much a bad, but I hated Blues when young and now I like it.

ADVERTISEMENT