ADVERTISEMENT

What's a Band you despise?

Necessary Roughness

Sep 14, 2012
Name a band that you just can't stand. And name one that you used to hate but grew on you over time.

Hate:

Police - I can not stand them or Sting for that matter. Like nails on a caulk board no matter how many times I try to get into them.

Grew to Enjoy:

Hall & Oates - Man, I thought they were so gay when I was a kid. For some reason, I hit 40 and I started to dig their sound. Makes sense I guess.

Name a band that you just can't stand. And name one that you used to hate but grew on you over time.

Hate:

Police - I can not stand them or Sting for that matter. Like nails on a caulk board no matter how many times I try to get into them.

Grew to Enjoy:

Hall & Oates - Man, I thought they were so gay when I was a kid. For some reason, I hit 40 and I started to dig their sound. Makes sense I guess.

You were right the first time. Clearly you turned gay on your 40th birthday.

Didn't like Bob Dylan growing up but now I do. Hate: pretty much any mainstream rock of the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Never will understand why people like Creed and Nickelback.

Hate: Neil Young. every song except like 1-2 are whiny, repetitive, slow and annoying. Rocking in the Free World might be top 10 worst song of all time. Also I contend that he ruined Pearl Jam.

Reactions: Deepelm
Hate: Neil Young. every song except like 1-2 are whiny, repetitive, slow and annoying. Rocking in the Free World might be top 10 worst song of all time. Also I contend that he ruined Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam did a fine job of ruining themselves.

Pearl Jam did a fine job of ruining themselves.
I think you can trace the start of Pearl Jam's downfall to when Eddie Vedder became BFFs with Neil Young and started bringing him on stage for all their performances.

Rush.... bizarro world lyrics and shitty vocals.
iu

I think you can trace the start of Pearl Jam's downfall to when Eddie Vedder became BFFs with Neil Young and started bringing him on stage for all their performances.

You can trace it to when Eddie starting writing their songs. It was downhill from there.

Not sure the text box on here would allow me to list the number of bands I hate. Just a few

Led Zepplin

The Who

Three Doors down ( from having been given any talent )

Coldplay ( 🤮 )

Imagine Dragons

Grew to enjoy was probably the Beatles, but only because I learned to play the bass lines. Still not a huge fan of all their songs but I can respect the influence on music overall.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Oh for sure. So much incoherent screaming.

Also could never stand Meatloaf (the "musician", not the delectable food item).
Every time I turn a rock station on… not classic rock… modern rock, within 10.minutes, they're playing a dumb ass sreaching ACDC song and it's usually NOT Thunderstruck, which is actually pretty good, but still, they play ACDC songs like they just came out. Damn, they're 40 years old.

I don't like The Police either and always thought Kiss was really overrated.

Not sure the text box on here would allow me to list the number of bands I hate. Just a few

Led Zepplin

The Who

Three Doors down ( from having been given any talent )

Coldplay ( 🤮 )

Imagine Dragons

Grew to enjoy was probably the Beatles, but only because I learned to play the bass lines. Still not a huge fan of all their songs but I can respect the influence on music overall.

You must be talking about the Guess Who, because The Who was completely awesome. Til the mid-70s anyway.

Despise:
DMB
Styx

Hard pass:
Led Zep (decent musicians but Plant ruins it for me)
Springsteen
Nirvana (replace Plant with Cobain)

Reactions: Deepelm
Despise:
DMB
Styx

Hard pass:
Led Zep (decent musicians but Plant ruins it for me)
Springsteen
Nirvana (replace Plant with Cobain)

With a sea of Nickelbacks and Linkin Parks out there, you choose to dog on Springsteen, Nirvana and Zeppelin?

Popular bands I don't think much of:
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
The Who
Grateful Dead

Bands I actually hate:
Green Day
U2

GOAT:
Eagles

Some of y'all hating on some good bands. Nickelback is fun to hate but they've got some good stuff that nobody will admit to liking.

What are your fav bands all-time?

Pink Floyd is near the top. Love some Eagles, Steely Dan, RHCP have some amazing stuff, not so much recently to me. I love stuff from Soundgarden, STP, but cant stand Nirvana. My music tastes are all over the f'ing place. I am more often a fan of a specific track from an artist or group than their whole catalog. I guess it comes from playing music since I was a teen. I always bounced around with what I was learning on the guitar or bass.

about 6 years ago I decided to give country music a shot. Never gave it a shot before, always assumed it sucked. But noticed that it was very popular so I figured maybe my views on country music were based on ignorance.

So gave it a shot. 6 years later and country is the only genre I listen to. Love it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
about 6 years ago I decided to give country music a shot. Never gave it a shot before, always assumed it sucked. But noticed that it was very popular so I figured maybe my views on country music were based on ignorance.

So gave it a shot. 6 years later and country is the only genre I listen to. Love it.

Modern or old school or a mix?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What do you have against Linkin Park?
Love me some LP...don't understand the comparison to Nickelback.

As for me, can't stand Rage Against the Machine. Also, my wife and her friends were big Beastie Boy fans. Makes me wanna jump off a cliff.

With a sea of Nickelbacks and Linkin Parks out there, you choose to dog on Springsteen, Nirvana and Zeppelin?
Because I can’t name you one Nickeback or Linkin Park song. I’m sure I’ve heard one somewhere along the line but have no recollection and certainly can’t indentify one by name.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Love me some LP...don't understand the comparison to Nickelback.

One of the better live shows I have been to. They played for like 2 1/2 hours with little breaks, something like 30+ songs. Chester could peel the paint off the walls with those screams.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
Modern or old school or a mix?

Love the old stuff like Waylan, Willie, Hank Jr, David Allen Cole etc. Also love the newer, but not pop country like Sturgill Simpson (my favorite), Tyler Childers, Chris Stapleton etc.

And also love the 90s stuff like Garth Brooks, Toby Keith etc.

Listen to a little of the current pop stuff and do like some of it as well. Jelly Roll song is really good.

Dare I say, I also like the old Taylor Swift country stuff.

And will never turn off Darius Rucker if he shows up on my radio.

Not a fan of Honkey tonk. Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Marty Stewart.etc.

I'll go with silence if that is all that's on.

ADVERTISEMENT