ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is “Barstool Sports”...

It has to do with you pretending you don't know about a subject when in actuality---your at least informed about it where it didn't just come across your desk. I think you do it to stir conversation and I don't mind all the weird ass threads you start b/c we would all be arguing with UK and the "list" in the offseason. I don't agree with your takes on half the stuff (political) but at least it makes you want to enter a thread to bare minimum...offer a contrarian opinion. I think you do this and I could be wrong. Not the end of the world if your guilty or innocent---just comes off that way.

Okay, so lemme be very clear.

I really don’t lie much.

I know nothing about Barstool sports except for what was in that article in the very first link. That’s it. Everything I’ve written about here is from that article. Come on... after all this time, do I strike you as the type who reads Barstool Sports, or whose interests would lead me there? I was aware of the name; that was the extent of my knowledge, until a friend on Facebook linked that article.

Antifa is exactly the same. The New York Times, The Hill, the WSJ... the places that I normally get my information from... they rarely, RARELY, have anything about Antifa, and to be frank I usually ignore it, same as I ignore anarchists who protest when there are big global financial meetings wherever, because they are just inconsequential morons. I don’t watch any tv news. Not any. Not one iota. I also don’t watch any internet news. Not one bit. I see a bit on twitter because of a few other forums I visit, and I catch random stuff because of that, and I see clips of stuff from tv online sometimes (like Trump saying that woman reporter never thinks) but Antifa occupies maybe one tenth of one percent of my consumed media.

Once in a blue moon I’ll feign ignorance on something to jab at someone. When I do, it’s REALLY obvious; I usually point out that I am doing it.

Otherwise, no; I’m generally straight forward and don’t lie about stuff.

Okay, so lemme be very clear.

I really don’t lie much.

I know nothing about Barstool sports except for what was in that article in the very first link. That’s it. Everything I’ve written about here is from that article. Come on... after all this time, do I strike you as the type who reads Barstool Sports, or whose interests would lead me there? I was aware of the name; that was the extent of my knowledge, until a friend on Facebook linked that article.

Antifa is exactly the same. The New York Times, The Hill, the WSJ... the places that I normally get my information from... they rarely, RARELY, have anything about Antifa, and to be frank I usually ignore it, same as I ignore anarchists who protest when there are big global financial meetings wherever, because they are just inconsequential morons. I don’t watch any tv news. Not any. Not one iota. I also don’t watch any internet news. Not one bit. I see a bit on twitter because of a few other forums I visit, and I catch random stuff because of that, and I see clips of stuff from tv online sometimes (like Trump saying that woman reporter never thinks) but Antifa occupies maybe one tenth of one percent of my consumed media.

Once in a blue moon I’ll feign ignorance on something to jab at someone. When I do, it’s REALLY obvious; I usually point out that I am doing it.

Otherwise, no; I’m generally straight forward and don’t lie about stuff.
I personally don't know much about barstool either. Just an occasional article on sports with some comedic dig inserted. Very similar to deadspin. I read sports for sports and those two mix a bunch of stupid political and asinine stuff that I don't care to mix with sports. I just found it incredible a guy as plugged into politics and esp social justice issues hadn't heard of antifa---which was basically on every news cycle. All in all---Its inconsequential.

I personally don't know much about barstool either. Just an occasional article on sports with some comedic dig inserted. Very similar to deadspin. I read sports for sports and those two mix a bunch of stupid political and asinine stuff that I don't care to mix with sports. I just found it incredible a guy as plugged into politics and esp social justice issues hadn't heard of antifa---which was basically on every news cycle. All in all---Its inconsequential.

T, I promise you, Antifa is not on every news cycle in the places I get my news. Again... NYT, WSJ, The Hill, a bit of Mic, a few other random places... I don’t remember ever reading an article about these folks outside of them being included in articles about neo Nazis and white nationalists. I think this is way more indicative of how much a difference where a person gets their information from is than anything else... in the times I’ve looked at Fox, for example, it’s all about Clinton and illegals and Antifa types and then the occasional random horrible story of someone dying, usually caught on tape.

Btw, just out of curiosity, I just checked Fox News... third story is about Bill Clinton being accused of rape, fourth story is about some dead body they found sealed in a metal coffin, and then a bunch of stories about liberals... about a college production of West side story being cancelled because some white kids got roles, and about the Democrats hiding stuff from the FBI, and a Parkland father slamming actress Alyssa Milano, and a lion kissing a GoPro camera.

For comparison, the NYT has this new story on Trumps taxes, a piece on the FBI Kavanaugh investigation, a piece on the huge earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia, a piece on Amazons wage increase, a breakdown of the upcoming midterm elections, and then links to a few opinion pieces about changes in public assistance for immigrants and ways that Kavanaugh would have to recuse himself if he was confirmed from certain cases. No videos.

If someone just read Fox News, they would have an entirely different view of the world than if they just read the NYT. That’s a big issue we, as Americans who ultimately DO have to work together, face.

Edit: Sorry, Fox JUST changed the third story to one about how some Kavanaugh protestors are linked to George Soros.

Btw, just out of curiosity, I just checked Fox News... third story is about Bill Clinton being accused of rape, fourth story is about some dead body they found sealed in a metal coffin, and then a bunch of stories about liberals... about a college production of West side story being cancelled because some white kids got roles, and about the Democrats hiding stuff from the FBI, and a Parkland father slamming actress Alyssa Milano, and a lion kissing a GoPro camera.

For comparison, the NYT has this new story on Trumps taxes, a piece on the FBI Kavanaugh investigation, a piece on the huge earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia, a piece on Amazons wage increase, a breakdown of the upcoming midterm elections, and then links to a few opinion pieces about changes in public assistance for immigrants and ways that Kavanaugh would have to recuse himself if he was confirmed from certain cases. No videos.

If someone just read Fox News, they would have an entirely different view of the world than if they just read the NYT. That’s a big issue we, as Americans who ultimately DO have to work together, face.

Edit: Sorry, Fox JUST changed the third story to one about how some Kavanaugh protestors are linked to George Soros.
The only interesting story that I'd be interested in is that lion and go pro debacle. I don't get my news from any one source. I click on shit from yahoo, msn, and routers. Then whatever comes across Facebook----which is usually solidly right or left. Also, any general news station had antifa coverage for just about every protest---usually the property destruction and violent ones. Again--I don't care to talk about antifa, klan groups or protests for as long as we don't have to. Its run its course. I shouldn't have brought it up but I really don't need to waste any more air talking shit on shitty people.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
The only interesting story that I'd be interested in is that lion and go pro debacle. I don't get my news from any one source. I click on shit from yahoo, msn, and routers. Then whatever comes across Facebook----which is usually solidly right or left. Also, any general news station had antifa coverage for just about every protest---usually the property destruction and violent ones. Again--I don't care to talk about antifa, klan groups or protests for as long as we don't have to. Its run its course. I shouldn't have brought it up but I really don't need to waste any more air talking shit on shitty people.

Well, I think at this point we are talking more about us and about how we get information than Antifa.

Are you seriously asking why a comedian making an dick joke about the most powerful man on earth based on a piece of current events in which said dick was described on a late night comedy show isn't similar to a guy with a history of hateful comments and actions publically attacking a reporter who said he shouldn't be hired after he said that her only job was to get men hard, making disgusting sexual comments about what he wanted to do to her and releasing personal information about her and pushing thousands of guys to harass her and threaten her and intimidating her to the point where she will not even make a public comment about it out of fear, because there is a LOT of crazy out there, and you only need one?
When talking, do you say all that in one breath? That is one long sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDude1
ADVERTISEMENT