ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is “Barstool Sports”...

They have/had good and bad people. It's not universally, or mostly, bad. Pat McAfee's podcast was good. He's since moved on to do it independently (not related to the stuff in the linked article)

Pardon My Take is arguably the best nfl podcast out there.

Last edited:
They have/had good and bad people. It's not universally, or mostly, bad. Pat McAfee's podcast was good. He's since moved on to do it independently (not related to the stuff in the linked article)

Pardon My Take is arguably the best nfl podcast out there.

Ah. The article seems to focus on this Portnoy guy and a few others. What douchebags they seem to be. I have no patience for some of the stuff they seem to do, like doxing and the like.

Ah. The article seems to focus on this Portnoy guy and a few others. What douchebags they seem to be. I have no patience for some of the stuff they seem to do, like doxing and the like.

I don't know much about Portnoy. He does seem like a douche. Doxing is obviously not okay. Isn't it a federal offense?

It's Time To Argue: Ranking All 353 Division I College Basketball Teams For The 2018-19 Season

3. Gonzaga (WCC)It’s time to stop not believing in Gonzaga. The Bulldogs have a ton of talent this year – arguably more talent than the team who lost to UNC in the title game in 2017. They are led by Rui Hachimura and Killian Tillie, but we saw Zach Norvell hit big shots in the NCAA Tournament last season. The biggest question will be how consistent is Josh Perkins at the point guard spot and will Geno Crandall be enough to help out back there. Also, remember the name Brandon Clarke- a transfer from San Jose State.

2. Kansas (Big 12)One of the most important decisions this offseason was Udoka Azubuike deciding to return to Kansas. No, he’s not the best player, but he’s the most important. Without him, Kansas would have little to no depth at the big spot. They would have to run truly small for the first time ever. But, now you can surround Azubuike again with four guards/wings. If the Lawson twins can stay in the game mentally this season, Kansas will be a favorite to win the title.

1. Kentucky (SEC)Hold on, let me do it for you. Homer! You stink! Boo! These rankings are horseshit! Yes, I have Kentucky No. 1 – even though you can make a case for really any of the top 7 teams or so. That said, Kentucky has the blend that has worked for them in the past. Sophomores returning, a veteran leader, and a top recruiting class. The question will be shooting, but Tyler Herro and Jermal Baker (if he’s healthy) should alleviate that. They are one of the deepest teams in the country this year too.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bars...19-season?_branch_match_id=535526898862847767

I genuinely got annoyed when Barstool blew up and Portnoy started taking himself seriously, because barstool was a place where a lot of college aged dudes had fun on the internet.

But, after watching this wrestling heel, characture version of himself that he’s now become, I’m 100,000% back on board.

He’s one of the few in media that wont be bullied into changing his content. I applaud him for it, even though I don’t agree with a lot of what he says.

He got FU money, and now he says FU. It’s awesome to watch.

I genuinely got annoyed when Barstool blew up and Portnoy started taking himself seriously, because barstool was a place where a lot of college aged dudes had fun on the internet.

But, after watching this wrestling heel, characture version of himself that he’s now become, I’m 100,000% back on board.

He’s one of the few in media that wont be bullied into changing his content. I applaud him for it, even though I don’t agree with a lot of what he says.

He got FU money, and now he says FU. It’s awesome to watch.

You are only a heel if the face is in on it.

Otherwise, I think you might just be an asshole.

He is an asshole. There's no denying that.

Keep in mind though, you're reading a very one sided account of that entire situation that relied on digging up 8 year old tweets to make him look as bad as possible.

Fact is, a lot of these people came at him because the political climate was right, and were very disappointed when he went on the offensive, and his popularity grew.

Ponder affected his income, and he went after her. In business, it happens. You shouldn't want him to treat her differently because she has a set of tits. That would be sexist.

It's slapstick internet comedy, much like The Rivals Main Board. People love taking on a different persona online for amusement to escape the drudgery of day to day life.

If you're easily offended, then don't listen/read their content.

I professionally prescribe you a circle jerk with don lemon and trevor noah. You're the pivot man. This will undoubtedly resolve your pent up frustration with everything not radically progressive. Report results to yourself in the mirror.

I’m shocked dattier found a way to call us racist in a thread about a sports site.
What should shock you more is that @toonces11 didn't jump all over the first person in this thread to go there, seeing as he cares so much about it when it comes to me that he accuses me of it before I've said a thing about it.

I professionally prescribe you a circle jerk with don lemon and trevor noah. You're the pivot man. This will undoubtedly resolve your pent up frustration with everything not radically progressive. Report results to yourself in the mirror.
Rent free. Laughing

What should shock you more is that @toonces11 didn't jump all over the first person in this thread to go there, seeing as he cares so much about it when it comes to me that he accuses me of it before I've said a thing about it.

By his dumb logic that makes him a liar.

Am I doing this right?

They haven't cried wolf every other post so they in turn get the benefit of the doubt----also, i don't know much about the website, nor do I care. Its an easy "don't read" if you don't like the content.

They haven't cried wolf every other post so they in turn get the benefit of the doubt...
BTW, the mint on the pillow is a nice touch. It helps mask the smell of the rest of the inside of your head.

They haven't cried wolf every other post so they in turn get the benefit of the doubt----also, i don't know much about the website, nor do I care. Its an easy "don't read" if you don't like the content.

Exactly. One of my buddies loves Barstool and thinks Portnoy and his pizza reviews are hilarious. Not really my cup of tea, but there is clearly a market for it. I don't like it so I don't read it.

Reactions: toonces11
It's slapstick internet comedy, much like The Rivals Main Board. People love taking on a different persona online for amusement to escape the drudgery of day to day life.

If you're easily offended, then don't listen/read their content.

But it sounds like it became very personal and into "real life"... like, reporters attacked online and harassed and threatened and doxed and swatted and the like. Is that really just slapstick internet comedy?

But it sounds like it became very personal and into "real life"... like, reporters attacked online and harassed and threatened and doxed and swatted and the like. Is that really just slapstick internet comedy?
Is it similar to trevor noah talking about donald trumps wonky dick? Either way---if its not funny don't read it or listen to it imo. Lots of garbage sites like that.

Why not? Both are rude gestures.

Are you seriously asking why a comedian making an dick joke about the most powerful man on earth based on a piece of current events in which said dick was described on a late night comedy show isn't similar to a guy with a history of hateful comments and actions publically attacking a reporter who said he shouldn't be hired after he said that her only job was to get men hard, making disgusting sexual comments about what he wanted to do to her and releasing personal information about her and pushing thousands of guys to harass her and threaten her and intimidating her to the point where she will not even make a public comment about it out of fear, because there is a LOT of crazy out there, and you only need one?

Last edited:
Are you seriously asking why a comedian making an off color joke about the most powerful man on earth based on a piece of current events isn't similar to a guy with a history of hateful comments and actions publically attacking a reporter who wrote a story about him, making disgusting sexual comments about what he wanted to do to her and releasing personal information for her and pushing thousands of guys to harass her and threaten her to the point where she had SWAT teams showing up at her house, and intimidating her to the point where she will not even make a public comment about it out of fear?

Seems like you know quite a bit about Barstool Sports for making a thread titled “What the hell is Barstool sports?”

Troll thread?

Reactions: tw3301
Wait, @toonces11, what does this have to do with antifa?
It has to do with you pretending you don't know about a subject when in actuality---your at least informed about it where it didn't just come across your desk. I think you do it to stir conversation and I don't mind all the weird ass threads you start b/c we would all be arguing with UK and the "list" in the offseason. I don't agree with your takes on half the stuff (political) but at least it makes you want to enter a thread to bare minimum...offer a contrarian opinion. I think you do this and I could be wrong. Not the end of the world if your guilty or innocent---just comes off that way.

ADVERTISEMENT