ADVERTISEMENT

What level of experience will your team bring into next year?

I still think UK has a nice, really a very a very nice top 4 in brooks/Allen/Boston/Clarke. Need help at C atm but that could change if the frosh steps up or they land Harms.

I expect brooks to take a huge leap as he will have more exp and will have a lot of PT. I agree Allen is anwildcard, and whether or not the frosh guards can live up to expectations. I’d say def top 15-20 team atm.

Texas is bringing back everyone, and added a sure fire lottery pick.

Normally a recipe for a deep tourney run.

Texas is bringing back everyone, and added a sure fire lottery pick.

Normally a recipe for a deep tourney run.

Not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but we are talking about a team that lost to WV by about 50 and Iowa State by 30. That team struggled mightily to score (partly due to coaching). I’m not sure that a year of experience (particularly during a pandemic lockdown) will magically fix those issues.

Not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but we are talking about a team that lost to WV by about 50 and Iowa State by 30. That team struggled mightily to score (partly due to coaching). I’m not sure that a year of experience (particularly during a pandemic lockdown) will magically fix those issues.

Shaka was searching for an identity last year with that team.
Did he find it is the question. Without a conclusion of the season it is hard to tell.

If he didn't find it next year is going to be similar.
I don't think anyone will disagree.

On the other part. Is more than just horrible Offensive sets it is turnovers

But the identity is on the defensive end.

Without the end of the year no one knows where that team was at.
Being an average team on the offensive end won't keep Texas from making a deep run.
What will is the defense. I think this is where Shaka was trying to find the buy in at.

looking at the returning production that returns
Garza 23.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg and 1.8 bpg
Wieskamp 14.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg and 1.0 spg
Fredrick 10.2 ppg, 2.8 apg, shooting 46.1% from 3
Jordan last full season 11.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.4 apg shooting 38.1% from 3
Toussaint 6.5 ppg, 2.9 apg, 1.2 spg led the team in 15.7 mpg,
Connor 6.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.1 spg and 0.9 TO's per game.
Nunge last full season 5.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2nd in blocks with 25, 3rd in steals with 21, in 15.7 mpg.

for 69.4 ppg, of 77.7 ppg
28.2 rpg of 37.5 rpg

Sr- Davion Mintz
Sr- Matt Haarms (possibly)
So- Keion Brooks
So- Dontaie Allen
_?_- Zan Payne
Fr- Devin Askew
Fr- BJ Boston
Fr- Terrence Clarke
Fr- Cam'Ron Fletcher
Fr- Lance Ware
Fr- Isaiah Jackson

Walk-ons Riley Welch, Brennan Canada, Ben Jordan
Who?

Texas Tech has a mixed bag of experience. This will be Beard's most talented and deepest team. Need one of Shannon, McCullar, Ntambwe, or Burnett to become the guy.
Seniors:
Davide Moretti
Marcus Santos-Silva
Juniors:
Kyler Edwards
Avery Benson
Esiah Nyiwe
Sophmores:
Joel Ntambwe
TJ Shannon
Kevin McCullar
Clarence Nadolny
Andrei Savarasov
Freshmen:
Nimari Burnett
Micah Peavy
Chibuzo Agbo
Tyreek Smith

Lots to be excited about.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
...wouldn't expect you to. KU doesn't get #1 recruiting classes.
That has nothing to do with anything. Since you bring it up. Calipari has the same number of national titles as Bill Self at their respective schools. I think we are doing just fine.

That has nothing to do with anything. Since you bring it up. Calipari has the same number of national titles as Bill Self at their respective schools. I think we are doing just fine.

1-0 in title game matchups too....without any FBI/NCAA troubles looming. You're right, UK is doing fine.

1-0 in title game matchups too....without any FBI/NCAA troubles looming. You're right, UK is doing fine.
Way to get so defensive when I simply was getting at the idea I don’t know anyone on your roster. Huge roster turnover. You are very insecure.

congrats on having equal national championships and beating Bill Self in the title game with a far superior team. Great work man

Reactions: wesr
Way to get so defensive when I simply was getting at the idea I don’t know anyone on your roster. Huge roster turnover. You are very insecure.

congrats on having equal national championships and beating Bill Self in the title game with a far superior team. Great work man

...you knew what you were doing. You threw shade and had it thrown back in your face. Talk trash to some fans of a Big 12 team. It'll go better for you.

looking at the returning production that returns
Garza 23.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg and 1.8 bpg
Wieskamp 14.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg and 1.0 spg
Fredrick 10.2 ppg, 2.8 apg, shooting 46.1% from 3
Jordan last full season 11.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.4 apg shooting 38.1% from 3
Toussaint 6.5 ppg, 2.9 apg, 1.2 spg led the team in 15.7 mpg,
Connor 6.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.1 spg and 0.9 TO's per game.
Nunge last full season 5.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2nd in blocks with 25, 3rd in steals with 21, in 15.7 mpg.

for 69.4 ppg, of 77.7 ppg
28.2 rpg of 37.5 rpg
Is Garza really coming back? That makes no sense to me. His stock won't get any higher than it is now. The only way that him coming back makes sense is if he is not planning on going into pro basketball, which I doubt to be the case.

Is Garza really coming back? That makes no sense to me. His stock won't get any higher than it is now. The only way that him coming back makes sense is if he is not planning on going into pro basketball, which I doubt to be the case.
yes, he went to get feed back on what he needs to improve, right now the 2 area's are his range past the arc and his leg strength. the leg strength I can see, but range to 3 makes no sense.

he is not going to play the 3. never realized that they all need to shoot 50%+ from 3 to even get into the NBA.

GOOD thing I stopped watching the NBA years ago if that is all they do now is just shoot 3's, that's pretty damn BORING. real BB has died and been buried.

now its just College BB.

Garza has also been named the team captain for this upcoming season.

yes, he went to get feed back on what he needs to improve, right now the 2 area's are his range past the arc and his leg strength. the leg strength I can see, but range to 3 makes no sense.

he is not going to play the 3. never realized that they all need to shoot 50%+ from 3 to even get into the NBA.

GOOD thing I stopped watching the NBA years ago if that is all they do now is just shoot 3's, that's pretty damn BORING. real BB has died and been buried.

now its just College BB.

Garza has also been named the team captain for this upcoming season.
It’s good for the sport to see guys like him come back. I just think it’s a bad decision on his part if he wants to play in the NBA someday.

It’s good for the sport to see guys like him come back. I just think it’s a bad decision on his part if he wants to play in the NBA someday.
there are others that are doing the same thing, actually this is one of the smarter things that the NCAA actually approved. before if they declared they were in period. now they can declare and get feed back then stay in or come back.

...you knew what you were doing. You threw shade and had it thrown back in your face. Talk trash to some fans of a Big 12 team. It'll go better for you.
You really are an idiot. All I was poking fun at is the constant turnover on UK’s roster. That’s a fact. Relax loser

You really are an idiot. All I was poking fun at is the constant turnover on UK’s roster. That’s a fact. Relax loser

….been that way in most of the Cal era at UK, and yet still the most successful mens basketball program for the past 10 years. Most wins, most Final Fours, Elite 8's and Sweet 16's.

When you try to throw shots at a better program than yours... the idiot is looking back at you in the mirror, clown.

….been that way in most of the Cal era at UK, and yet still the most successful mens basketball program for the past 10 years. Most wins, most Final Fours, Elite 8's and Sweet 16's.

When you try to throw shots at a better program than yours... the idiot is looking back at you in the mirror, clown.
You are really upset about this. Get a life loser

23-9
8>3

...you lose, again, clown. Take your little fake bird bullshit somewhere else.
The fact that you turned this into a KU UK pissing match and got immediately defensive shows how much rage you have and how insecure you are. It was a simple joke because it’s a completely different UK team. Grow up you loser. You did nothing earn to any of those UK stats so quit acting like your tough. You’re a pathetic grown up Quit talking about winning an argument because you throughout some stats about shit you have no claim to. UK has won 1 title in 20 years. It’s 2020 bro.

Last edited:
The fact that you turned this into a KU UK pissing match and got immediately defensive shows how much rage you have and how insecure you are. It was a simple joke because it’s a completely different UK team. Grow up you loser. You did nothing earn to any of those UK stats so quit acting like your tough. You’re a pathetic grown up Quit talking about winning an argument because you throughout some stats about shit you have no claim to. UK has won 1 title in 20 years. It’s 2020 bro.

I 'threw out' the stats and timeframing….is a loser's argument, loser.

Aren’t you the one who endlessly posts “when you have to use timeframes, you’ve already lost,” or some such stupid thing?

Well, since we’re allowed to use timeframes again, KU’s been the better program in the modern era. And far better this year. The two most relevant periods in discussing the state of a program.

Sorry, guy. You lose again.

I 'threw out' the stats and timeframing….is a loser's argument, loser.

Ah, there it is. Are you too idiotic to realize that in your previous post, you made a timeframing argument?

Holy sheeit.

This guy is angry. He doesn’t like people pointing out that nobody recognizes anyone on his favorite team.

Being superior now and the last 40ish years feels good, man.

….Last 40 years? You're dreaming again. UK has as many titles in that period as KU does in their entire history. If your team has been 'superior' the last 40ish years, they wouldn't be 9-23 vs. UK and looking up at UK in all-time wins. Again....no surprise... YOU lose.

…..and any 'good' feelings you have are about to come to a screeching halt when the NCAA goes in dry on KU's ass.

This guy is angry. He doesn’t like people pointing out that nobody recognizes anyone on his favorite team.
There’s a few guys on this board who identify themselves with their schools success. He is one of them. When Kentucky loses a game in January he is there to remind everybody that they have 8 titles. He’ll always revert back to Kentucky being the best program of all time so there’s no point in trying to rationalize your statement.

Good god you are one pathetic loser.

It's hard for me to read that sentence without thinking about this.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KUhawks34
Starters
Jeremy Roach, 6'2 Fr
Wendell Moore, 6'6 So
Jalen Johnson, 6'8 Fr
Matthew Hurt, 6'9 So
Mark Williams, 7'0 Fr

Bench
Jordan Goldwire, 6'2 Sr (possible starter)
DJ Steward, 6'3 Fr
Joey Baker, 6'7 Jr
Jaemyn Brakefield, 6'8 Fr
Henry Coleman, 6'8 Fr
Patrick Tape, 6'10 Sr

Breakdown by class:
Sr: 2
Jr: 1
So: 2
Fr: 6

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts