ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most amount of points you have scored in a game?

Would you believe me if I said I asked my dad this question over some bourbon. He picked the wolf. I made my case but keep in mind, we were using the largest breed of wolf in the world

Yes, I would believe it... I believe we've brought it up over bourbon and other substances several times:)

And yeah, I think you've gotta go with the biggest wolf possible. You are a big boy... get an equivalent wolf, you know?

Reactions: JimboBBN
Would you believe me if I said I asked my dad this question over some bourbon. He picked the wolf. I made my case but keep in mind, we were using the largest breed of wolf in the world
What is your case for being able to take a wolf again? How much time have you spent around wolves? Or even how much experience do you have training large dogs (120 lbs+)?

Lone wolves have been known to take down full grown elk (500 lbs+) and even moose (1000 lbs+). You think you could do that ?

2-BDF0756-073-A-4-AC7-B95-C-33-E29124-A1-EF.jpg

This is hails stat line from pro am I believe. I forgot you have him on ignore haha he talks 2k all the time

Just a rec game not pro am. TheDude is ignoring it.

What is your case for being able to take a wolf again? How much time have you spent around wolves? Or even how much experience do you have training large dogs (120 lbs+)?

Lone wolves have been known to take down full grown elk (500 lbs+) and even moose (1000 lbs+). You think you could do that ?

c560f7d4d1c4ffc428ce4306975c9de5.jpg

:)

It’s all about the matchup. No I couldn’t take down the elk or moose by myself. But I can get my hands or arms around a wolfs neck. I can physically hurt a wolf by punching or kicking it, due to how small it is. I can physically choke a wolf to death.

You have to go into this fight knowing you are gonna lose an arm and get hurt. But backed into a corner, life on the line, humans will do some pretty messed up shit in order to survive. You’d agree with that right? We are also much more intelligent than any wolf would be fighting by himself. A wolf is trained to attack and kill in a pack, not one on one. I like my chances. It would have to be a small, closed in space. But I give myself a 90 percent chance of winning.

Average size of the largest wolf breed is 140 lbs if I’m being generous. I weigh 240 with a long reach and of course I’m buff as shit.

It’s all about the matchup. No I couldn’t take down the elk or moose by myself. But I can get my hands or arms around a wolfs neck. I can physically hurt a wolf by punching or kicking it, due to how small it is. I can physically choke a wolf to death.

You have to go into this fight knowing you are gonna lose an arm and get hurt. But backed into a corner, life on the line, humans will do some pretty messed up shit in order to survive. You’d agree with that right? We are also much more intelligent than any wolf would be fighting by himself. A wolf is trained to attack and kill in a pack, not one on one. I like my chances. It would have to be a small, closed in space. But I give myself a 90 percent chance of winning.
Backed into a corner literally every animal on the planet is gonna do whatever it takes to survive. A cornered house cat is scarier than most people (for real).

You seem to believe that you'd lose an arm in this fight. You think once you lost that arm you'd have any chance after that point?

You may nearly double a wolf's weight but it is stronger than you. It is faster than you. One bite from a wolf will immediately hurt worse than anything that one single human on this planet could do to you so quickly and that bite mark will quickly become torn flesh, rendering most of your power from that area useless.

Wolves instinctively ignore pain. They will pretend like they are fine because if they show weakness they will be kicked out of the pack. Humans do not instinctively ignore pain. Nothing you do to a wolf will phase it until it is dead while everything it does to you will be the worst thing you've ever experienced in your life. You won't be able to ignore that while it just keeps doing it over and over again.

Backed into a corner literally every animal on the planet is gonna do whatever it takes to survive. A cornered house cat is scarier than most people (for real).

You seem to believe that you'd lose an arm in this fight. You think once you lost that arm you'd have any chance after that point?

You may nearly double a wolf's weight but it is stronger than you. It is faster than you. One bite from a wolf will immediately hurt worse than anything that one single human on this planet could do to you so quickly and that bite mark will quickly become torn flesh, rendering most of your power from that area useless.

Wolves instinctively ignore pain. They will pretend like they are fine because if they show weakness they will be kicked out of the pack. Humans do not instinctively ignore pain. Nothing you do to a wolf will phase it until it is dead while everything it does to you will be the worst thing you've ever experienced in your life. You won't be able to ignore that while it just keeps doing it over and over again.

Hm. That was descriptive enough to make me not want to ever fight a wolf.

@JimboBBN just sees it as a challenge. Game on!

Screen-Shot-2011-11-20-at-12.01.54-AM.png

Yea, you’re wrong about humans ignoring pain. Ever heard of adrenaline? If that’s pumping through you, which it would in this fight, you aren’t going to feel what you normally would. There are stories about soldiers getting shot in war and not even knowing about it until someone points it out. You think a wolf biting me would hurt worse than getting shot? I do not. Your post also implies I’m going to sit back and let this wolf have its way with me. A wolf has no idea what a human can do to it, all it knows it is has to go for my neck. You do realize that if I was able to get ahold of it and get on top of it, this thing has no chance right?

I’m hoping I would never have to fight a wolf in real life but this thing isn’t a tiger or lion. I could find you a story right now of a human killing a wolf bare handed. Have more faith in your species, schooner.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Yea, you’re wrong about humans ignoring pain. Ever heard of adrenaline? If that’s pumping through you, which it would in this fight, you aren’t going to feel what you normally would. There are stories about soldiers getting shot in war and not even knowing about it until someone points it out. You think a wolf biting me would hurt worse than getting shot? I do not. Your post also implies I’m going to sit back and let this wolf have its way with me. A wolf has no idea what a human can do to it, all it knows it is has to go for my neck. You do realize that if I was able to get ahold of it and get on top of it, this thing has no chance right?

I’m hoping I would never have to fight a wolf in real life but this thing isn’t a tiger or lion. I could find you a story right now of a human killing a wolf bare handed. Have more faith in your species, schooner.
Depends on where you got shot. And yes, you're gonna feel the pain even if you have adrenaline running through. You seem to think that because others have had moments where they forgot the pain that must mean you will too. I don't think it works that way.

It's safe to say that the wolf is gonna deliver the first blow, right? Most likely it will be your forearm. That bite is going to hurt. It's going to grab and rip before you can even try to throw your weight onto it in order to subdue it. Right off the bat the wolf has damn near taken half of your power from one arm (and it will probably be your dominant arm since that's which one you would instinctively use to protect yourself). You can throw your body weight onto it but it's probably ripped your skin and muscles off, damaged your tendons and you will probably barely be able to make a closed fist from that point on. That's how weak your arm will be.

Now let's say you get it to the ground after this initial attack. Most likely at this point it's still got ahold of your arm (mind you this has all happened in like 7 seconds) so your best shot would be to pin yourself down on top of it's back, forcing its legs into the ground. It's still got ahold of you and is squirming madly but this is when you need to get your weak arm around it's neck and go for the choke. Ok so you try that. (This is all best case scenario for you so far btw, 12 seconds in). You aren't really at a great angle to get a good grip and you quickly realize this so you pull back a little which frees the wolf's legs some. It releases its grip a little and you momentarily feel like this is your shot. Have you ever played around with a dog before and been in this position? The moment you give their legs a little space they start jumping into your back and it's almost impossible to grab back onto them because of how fast they are and how they are much stronger than you anticipate. And I'm talking about a 50-75 pound dogs, not something twice as large and 3x as strong.

So now you're back at a disadvantaged position. You've maybe given the dog a couple of bruises that will be healed within a few days while it has rendered your dominant arm almost useless. The wolf is free and you are still down on the ground. Uh oh. As you try to get back onto your 2 feet, the wolf has already freed itself, turned around and has leaped directly back at your face and your neck. You are at such a disadvantaged position that there is nothing you can do to stop that hit. You might get one hand in the way but that's it. You fall backwards with a wolf's mouth around your little fingers and your neck. As you are going down it's already thrashed back and forth a little. When you hit the ground it thrashes 7-8 more times before you can even use your other arm to try and pull it off. You just lost your throat, dude. And you're on your back.

25 seconds into the fight this "I will do whatever it takes to win the fight" mentality comes in but by then it is already too late. You are on your back, you have no power from this position so you go to get up (with blood pouring and while you can't even really breathe). While you go to get up the wolf has already sidestepped you and is grabbing flesh and tearing every 1-2 seconds in a new spot. Most of these spots are your lower legs, which they instinctively know to go for on larger animals. It gets your achilles. You are back on the ground. At this point you are covered in blood, your dominant arm doesn't work, you really don't even feel your legs anymore and you have a wolf coming in for round 2 on your neck.

You are done. You are dead. You are so dead, Jimbo.

Depends on where you got shot. And yes, you're gonna feel the pain even if you have adrenaline running through. You seem to think that because others have had moments where they forgot the pain that must mean you will too. I don't think it works that way.

It's safe to say that the wolf is gonna deliver the first blow, right? Most likely it will be your forearm. That bite is going to hurt. It's going to grab and rip before you can even try to throw your weight onto it in order to subdue it. Right off the bat the wolf has damn near taken half of your power from one arm (and it will probably be your dominant arm since that's which one you would instinctively use to protect yourself). You can throw your body weight onto it but it's probably ripped your skin and muscles off, damaged your tendons and you will probably barely be able to make a closed fist from that point on. That's how weak your arm will be.

Now let's say you get it to the ground after this initial attack. Most likely at this point it's still got ahold of your arm (mind you this has all happened in like 7 seconds) so your best shot would be to pin yourself down on top of it's back, forcing its legs into the ground. It's still got ahold of you and is squirming madly but this is when you need to get your weak arm around it's neck and go for the choke. Ok so you try that. (This is all best case scenario for you so far btw, 12 seconds in). You aren't really at a great angle to get a good grip and you quickly realize this so you pull back a little which frees the wolf's legs some. It releases its grip a little and you momentarily feel like this is your shot. Have you ever played around with a dog before and been in this position? The moment you give their legs a little space they start jumping into your back and it's almost impossible to grab back onto them because of how fast they are and how they are much stronger than you anticipate. And I'm talking about a 50-75 pound dogs, not something twice as large and 3x as strong.

So now you're back at a disadvantaged position. You've maybe given the dog a couple of bruises that will be healed within a few days while it has rendered your dominant arm almost useless. The wolf is free and you are still down on the ground. Uh oh. As you try to get back onto your 2 feet, the wolf has already freed itself, turned around and has leaped directly back at your face and your neck. You are at such a disadvantaged position that there is nothing you can do to stop that hit. You might get one hand in the way but that's it. You fall backwards with a wolf's mouth around your little fingers and your neck. As you are going down it's already thrashed back and forth a little. When you hit the ground it thrashes 7-8 more times before you can even use your other arm to try and pull it off. You just lost your throat, dude. And you're on your back.

25 seconds into the fight this "I will do whatever it takes to win the fight" mentality comes in but by then it is already too late. You are on your back, you have no power from this position so you go to get up (with blood pouring and while you can't even really breathe). While you go to get up the wolf has already sidestepped you and is grabbing flesh and tearing every 1-2 seconds in a new spot. Most of these spots are your lower legs, which they instinctively know to go for on larger animals. It gets your achilles. You are back on the ground. At this point you are covered in blood, your dominant arm doesn't work, you really don't even feel your legs anymore and you have a wolf coming in for round 2 on your neck.

You are done. You are dead. You are so dead, Jimbo.
While I appreciate your creativity with this fight scene, I see it going completely different. That is the best case scenario for the wolf if anything.

I’ll start where you start. First strike, the wolf bites my arm. Again, best case scenario for the wolf, I don’t kick him right in the mouth to start this fight. I don’t care how tough you think the wolf is, a 140 pound animal is going to be hurt if I kick it hard in the mouth.

Anyways, as soon as he gets my arm, within a second, I’m going straight for his eyes. That wolf is going to back off as soon as I poke it hard in even just one eye. He’s going to be at a disadvantage the rest of this fight with one, maybe even two eyes damaged. You say wolves are trained to ignore pain, but I don’t care how trained you are, you aren’t going to take an eye gauging well. At all.

Wolf becomes distracted due to his eye injury, and I immediately take advantage. Grab ahold of its neck with my strong arm, grab the fur, whatever. And I have the upper hand already. I’m not letting go of his neck once I have it. Mount the wolf once I have control of its neck, and the rest is really easy, hard part is over. Either pound it’s face with my right hand if he’s belly up, or once he’s on his belly, trying to free himself, slip that left arm right under the neck. Lock with my right arm, and apply pressure. Done deal. He’s either going to lose consciousness and I can beat his face in, or he will just suffocate all together. Damage to my left arm, but that wolf is blinded, pinned and choked within 15 seconds. All else fails, I go for his nuts. Because guess what, I’m a human, and I’m smart enough to know that getting your nuts ripped will hurt very badly. That wolf has a ten percent chance at winning, as I suggested in my original scenario. I am man, hear me roar.

While I appreciate your creativity with this fight scene, I see it going completely different. That is the best case scenario for the wolf if anything.

I’ll start where you start. First strike, the wolf bites my arm. Again, best case scenario for the wolf, I don’t kick him right in the mouth to start this fight. I don’t care how tough you think the wolf is, a 140 pound animal is going to be hurt if I kick it hard in the mouth.

Anyways, as soon as he gets my arm, within a second, I’m going straight for his eyes. That wolf is going to back off as soon as I poke it hard in even just one eye. He’s going to be at a disadvantage the rest of this fight with one, maybe even two eyes damaged. You say wolves are trained to ignore pain, but I don’t care how trained you are, you aren’t going to take an eye gauging well. At all.

Wolf becomes distracted due to his eye injury, and I immediately take advantage. Grab ahold of its neck with my strong arm, grab the fur, whatever. And I have the upper hand already. I’m not letting go of his neck once I have it. Mount the wolf once I have control of its neck, and the rest is really easy, hard part is over. Either pound it’s face with my right hand if he’s belly up, or once he’s on his belly, trying to free himself, slip that left arm right under the neck. Lock with my right arm, and apply pressure. Done deal. He’s either going to lose consciousness and I can beat his face in, or he will just suffocate all together. Damage to my left arm, but that wolf is blinded, pinned and choked within 15 seconds. All else fails, I go for his nuts. Because guess what, I’m a human, and I’m smart enough to know that getting your nuts ripped will hurt very badly. That wolf has a ten percent chance at winning, as I suggested in my original scenario. I am man, hear me roar.
Half of your argument is built around you being quicker and more accurate than Bruce Lee. That only happens in the movies, homey.

tenor.gif

Half of your argument is built around you being quicker and more accurate than Bruce Lee. That only happens in the movies, homey.

tenor.gif
I’m just saying, we aren’t talking about a lion, tiger, bear, anything like that. Something that is more than likely half my size with instincts of hunting and attacking with other wolves in his pack. He would have a problem with me, you better believe it

Damn.......I had no idea that Jimbo was Jackie Chan, Prime Schwarzenegger, and Peter Parker rolled into one.

I'd bet that if anyone were attacked by a wolf (male) you'd probably get farther by stroking it or fellating it. Then . . . when it's laying on it's back in pure bliss . . . attack!

maxresdefault.jpg

(Edit; Was it this post that made you think of me with the Chinese interview, @lurkeraspect84 ?)

Last edited:
I have to admit, that's a novel approach.

(And I think it is as likely to work as @JimboBBN's approach;) )
So you're saying I have no shot? As in 0 percent chance to win?

I have 0 against a tiger or bear. Against a wolf, realistically, I would at least have somewhat of a chance due to size alone.

It has happened before. Also, this wolf attacked the dude FROM THE BACK. Wolf had the upper hand from the start and still got choked to death.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2013/09/05/kazakh-man-kills-wolf-with-bare-hands-a27404

Thoughts @schoonerwest ?

I have 0 against a tiger or bear. Against a wolf, realistically, I would at least have somewhat of a chance due to size alone.

It has happened before. Also, this wolf attacked the dude FROM THE BACK. Wolf had the upper hand from the start and still got choked to death.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2013/09/05/kazakh-man-kills-wolf-with-bare-hands-a27404

Thoughts @schoonerwest ?

Come on, let's not act like we haven't had this discussion before ;) Nothing is 0 percent. But I'd say you are at maybe a 10 percent chance of winning.

Thoughts @schoonerwest ?

"Former police officer Daulet Tuyeshiev told the Lada.kz newspaper that the wolf jumped on his back when he was inspecting his car in the town of Zhetybai. The predator started biting his back and limbs and he had to strangle it to save his life, he said.

He said he rushed to the hospital, while the wolf's dead body was burned by local elders, the paper said. Local police confirmed the incident, the paper added."

Seems legit.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
There are stories of people killing wolves, I'm sure. But at the end of the day... what is your REAL chance of winning?

Low, I think.

There are stories of people killing wolves, I'm sure. But at the end of the day... what is your REAL chance of winning?

Low, I think.
I think it begs to ask the next question, who would win, a former police officer or me? And obviously I would win that one

I was going to post my basketball high score, but I think it's much more interesting to talk about wild animals we think we can beat up.

I'm 90% sure I could beat up a Panda Bear and a coyote, but not at the same time.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
1WpbzRR.gif

30 seconds is all it would take to beat this beast, Jimbo says.

Holy ****balls, that thing is HUGE.

I've seen videos of police dogs attacking people... I cannot IMAGINE that thing doing that. It would be on your forearm in the blink of an eye, and it would tear your forearm to shreds within a second, crushing the bones to powder. Then the mouth would open and it would go after you again...

BTW, here is an article about fighting dogs, just FYI. My guess is that fighting wolves is similar.

https://exigentcircumstance.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/combative-anatomy-how-to-fight-a-dog/

ADVERTISEMENT