ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most amount of points you have scored in a game?

Not sure. My last game was in 6th grade back in 1992. Maybe 12 or something like that.

The last shot I took though was probably a 35 foot jump shot that was nothing but net. That was probably 2 years ago.

In 8th grade, I think I scored 8 points in 2 quarters. I was a backup PG who didn’t like passing. Coaches wouldn’t put me at SG a) cuz I couldn’t shoot b) cuz I was short. Decided to bail on basketball and focus on football in high school.

If we’re counting YMCA pickup games, I had a few games with like 4 or 5 threes in college.

150. In a full court 24 hour high school marathon intramural game for charity. 4 teams (2 courts) with a first and second string rotating playing 1 hour, resting 1 hour. So...played a total of 12 hours over a 24 hour period. 150 points in 12 hours = 12.5 points/hour. Not much in the way of defense. Don't remember final score, or who won...but I got mine. :p

I ran cross country/track year-round. But I did manage to squeeze in intramural basketball one year in college. I was the guy that had 8 or 10 points a game on 5 or 6 shots. My theory was, and still sort of is, don't take the shot if you can't make it. Only layups or wide, wide-open jump shots.

I think I topped 20 once when I was, like, 8. Had a shitload of steals and drilled a half-court shot. Crowd went wild.

I assume the half-court shot took place at the end of a quarter? Would be hilarious if you took and made a shot like that during a normal possession.

26, 7 of 7 from 3. I also had 7 assists and 3 steals. I averaged 9 as a pass first PG, but they were denying our best player on the wing and double teaming him when he had the ball. One of those days that just everything was clicking. One 3 was a serious heat check that my coach immediately told me to never try again.

6th grade. Last game I played(officially). Didn't play much at all. We were down about 20 with 1:28 to go in the county tournament. My mom yelled at the coach from the stands "WHAT ABOUT THE 6th GRADERS!?!" So the coach put me and another guy in.

Scored 8 points I think.

I scored 21 points once. I was on fire for a 5th grader. I don’t remember my exact stats but to be honest I don’t remember missing.

It was close to 200 points - one game.

I used the J, the Q and the Z. Got a double word score, a couple of triple word scores, plus the average other stuff. It was pretty incredible.

scrabble-board-retro-DP687E.jpg

I ran cross country/track year-round. But I did manage to squeeze in intramural basketball one year in college. I was the guy that had 8 or 10 points a game on 5 or 6 shots. My theory was, and still sort of is, don't take the shot if you can't make it. Only layups or wide, wide-open jump shots.

Sounds a lot like me. Except I was a sprinter, not cross country runner. I was a good defender with solid rebounding and plus vision. But not a real threat from the perimeter. (Which sucks since I’m 5’8 lol). I’d have the occasional hot game with 2 or 3 threes, but mainly it was transition layups and put backs.

Reactions: dukedevilz
the question was most points scored on a basketball court, not most strokes taken on a single hole.

Hey, I've never had a hole that bad. Though in an amateur tournament a few years back I did have a 12 on a par 5 after hitting three balls OB off the tee. I was kind of done at that point, lol.

Reactions: brooky03
My freshman year I scored 23 in a game, the final game of our season. I didn’t play basketball anymore after that In high school because I liked football better and didn’t like the overlap.

I led our team in scoring one time in high school with 13. Shot 5 of 5 (3 of 3 from three). I was stoked to see our local paper mention I led the team in scoring.

The fvcking paper had our box score wrong and flipped my points with someone else and mentioned him.

Sounds a lot like me. Except I was a sprinter, not cross country runner. I was a good defender with solid rebounding and plus vision. But not a real threat from the perimeter. (Which sucks since I’m 5’8 lol). I’d have the occasional hot game with 2 or 3 threes, but mainly it was transition layups and put backs.

If you can do everything else reasonably well, then I think outside shooting can probably be overlooked (ie Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, Andre Miller).

Fortunately I'm 6'3, so I don't typically spend a whole lot of time on the perimeter. In an officiated game, I just don't think I have enough reps to make outside shots at a decent clip. If it's a meaningless pickup game, I'm a little more open to being jumper-friendly. But I definitely prefer operating near the low block.

Did you run at FSU? They have a heckuva track program. Seemingly multiple All-Americans every year.

This is my legacy now. This is last night.

2-BDF0756-073-A-4-AC7-B95-C-33-E29124-A1-EF.jpg

My PSN profile reads:

“The people’s glass cleaner.

I’m here to grab rebounds and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of bubble gum.”

@JimboBBN

Your team has Azubuike-like shooting percentages, except from the 3-point line. How is that possible? And the other team shoots like Cole Anthony. Was this game using NBA players?

The single most effective way to have a high scoring game is to get to the line and make FTs.

ADVERTISEMENT