ADVERTISEMENT

What a crap final 4…

Only 1 respectable fan base there. The rest have large majorities that have never attended a class in Lawrence, Durham, or chapel hill. Sad the losers with zero vested interest get rewarded
Actually from a financial standpoint, the tee shirt fans are a unicorn to athletic departments. They have no vested interest in the university yet spend their entertainment dollar based on allegiance to a school they didn't attend. It's free money yo. You would be a fool as an AD.

Actually from a financial standpoint, the tee shirt fans are a unicorn to athletic departments. They have no vested interest in the university yet spend their entertainment dollar based on allegiance to a school they didn't attend. It's free money yo. You would be a fool as an AD.
Oh I get it from the schools side. Done respect the fans though

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Only 1 respectable fan base there. The rest have large majorities that have never attended a class in Lawrence, Durham, or chapel hill. Sad the losers with zero vested interest get rewarded
You one of those? Feel like to be a fan, you must have attended school there?

Don't watch. Better yet watch the replay of Auburn/UVA, let me know how that turns out.
FrailFastBasenji-size_restricted.gif

Theres an 8th seed in the final 4 though, seems that we have another ongoing Cinderella run that people just aint paying enough attention so far.

Absolutely. Having a vested interest in the school is not just buying things from the book store when you visit once a year
Weird....You telling me every.single one of those 87, 000 fans that attend an AU football game, have atteneded/graduated from Auburn?

THis is such a stupid take....It really is. I never attended Indiana...but grew up roughly an hour or so from Bloomington. Only one person in my family attended Indiana; my cousin---she was a cheerleader there. Iwas surrounded by Indiana basketball my entire life. But according to you, some dude from Cali, who went to IU for 4 years, donates a few bucks, has more of a vested interest in IU, than I do?

Pretty sure you are trolling here....But if not----You are a fukin idiot if you think this.

Link to the study showing that a large majority of fans didn’t attend a class?

I grew up near Lawrence and have followed the team and gone to games as long as I can remember, and I attended KU. But somebody who didn’t even follow his team before taking a few classes there is a “better fan.” 😂

Poor bastard. Sorry you chose poorly.

I just have a hard time believing the OP actually went to Auburn. Had a family member who was a Dean there and he would be embarrassed to have this dude considered an alum.

Link to the study showing that a large majority of fans didn’t attend a class?

I grew up near Lawrence and have followed the team and gone to games as long as I can remember, and I attended KU. But somebody who didn’t even follow his team before taking a few classes there is a “better fan.” 😂

Poor bastard. Sorry you chose poorly.
I played baseball at USI(Evansville)--University of Southern Indiana. Actually went there when Pearl was the HC. SInce I left school there in 1994/95, I couldn't tell you hardly a damn thing they have done athletically; exccept fpr when they played for national title a few years back in basketball, and won a couple of D2 baseball titles..

I grew up an IU fan because, I mean this gonna be hard to believe---but I swear its true....Well b/c my entire family were IU fans....we lived in Indiana.....roughly 70miles from Bloomington, and attended 100's of games with cousins, uncles, grandparents, friends, etc, etc....

I know, I know.....Unheard of. But I swear---true fukin story.

Weird....You telling me every.single one of those 87, 000 fans that attend an AU football game, have atteneded/graduated from Auburn?

THis is such a stupid take....It really is. I never attended Indiana...but grew up roughly an hour or so from Bloomington. Only one person in my family attended Indiana; my cousin---she was a cheerleader there. Iwas surrounded by Indiana basketball my entire life. But according to you, some dude from Cali, who went to IU for 4 years, donates a few bucks, has more of a vested interest in IU, than I do?

Pretty sure you are trolling here....But if not----You are a fukin idiot if you think this.
Auburn sports programs probably have a higher grad rate than their students….and that’s a laughable stat.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I played baseball at USI(Evansville)--University of Southern Indiana. Actually went there when Pearl was the HC. SInce I left school there in 1994/95, I couldn't tell you hardly a damn thing they have done athletically; exccept fpr when they played for national title a few years back in basketball, and won a couple of D2 baseball titles..

I grew up an IU fan because, I mean this gonna be hard to believe---but I swear its true....Well b/c my entire family were IU fans....we lived in Indiana.....roughly 70miles from Bloomington, and attended 100's of games with cousins, uncles, grandparents, friends, etc, etc....

I know, I know.....Unheard of. But I swear---true fukin story.
That probably describes the vast majority of fans of these schools. Followed the team since a young age because they grew up near the school or because their parents were big fans.

The fans of the top programs drive the sport. There aren’t that many diehard CBB fans outside of North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and a few other places. What would ratings and tourney attendance be like without them?

This is just a sad argument. If anything, he deserves far less respect because many of us have followed our schools much longer and actually grew up there. When I went to KU, I had less respect for the fandom of those who came from out of state. None of them came close to having the school/team spirit that the locals had. To them, it was generally just something to do, while I’d live and die by every play. I guarantee that’s what AuHoosier was too. Which is why we never saw his bitchass until they started winning. And why he disappeared last year.

Last edited:
That probably describes the vast majority of fans of these schools. Followed the team since a young age because they grew up near the school or because their parents were big fans.

The fans of the top programs drive the sport. There aren’t that many diehard CBB fans outside of North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and a few other places. What would ratings and tourney attendance be like without them?

This is just a sad argument. If anything, he deserves far less respect because many of us have followed our schools much longer and actually grew up there. When I went to KU, I had less respect for the fandom of those who came from out of state. None of them came close to having the school/team spirit that the locals had. To them, it was generally just something to do, while I’d live and die by every play. I guarantee that’s what AuHoosier was too. Which is why we never saw his bitchass until they started winning. And why he disappeared last year.
I own you

• Haha
Reactions: HawksJ
This is gonna be an awesome final 4. This tourney has been great. Todays games weren’t nailbiters, but they shouldn’t have been. It was a 10 seed Miami and first ever 15 seed St. Peter’s. Duke/Carolina first time ever in a final four in K’s final season, and Kansas looked dominant today as well. Weird thread.

ADVERTISEMENT