ADVERTISEMENT

West coast state of affairs

Did I call southerners racist or intolerant? It seems like you were the one who took it personally. That said, I have no hard feelings towards you. We're good
No, I was not accusing you of anything. I was just giving an example of the flip side.

* and yes, I also have no problem with you.

Reactions: duckboy33
There are nice places all over the country. This includes the South and the Midwest.
I’m from Louisville, and lived in Bowling Green for a short period. I’ve been on vacations in Florida, NC, SC, and Georgia. Sure some areas are decent, but nowhere near as beautiful as some of the scenery such as Big Sur, Half Moon Bay, Fort Bragg, Astoria off the coast of Portland, Coronado Island, Catalina, Laguna, the avenues and aquatic park in SF. People like to focus on the downsides of places, but I rarely see anything that most of the cons that live in Midwest and the South seem to banter on about.

I’m from Louisville, and lived in Bowling Green for a short period. I’ve been on vacations in Florida, NC, SC, and Georgia. Sure some areas are decent, but nowhere near as beautiful as some of the scenery such as Big Sur, Half Moon Bay, Fort Bragg, Astoria off the coast of Portland, Coronado Island, Catalina, Laguna, the avenues and aquatic park in SF. People like to focus on the downsides of places, but I rarely see anything that most of the cons that live in Midwest and the South seem to banter on about.

I've lived on both coasts and from what I've seen, both have very nice places to live. Even states that get a bad rap, like New Jersey, have places that are very nice.

I've lived on both coasts and from what I've seen, both have very nice places to live. Even states that get a bad rap, like New Jersey, have places that are very nice.
Not my point, some have this idea that California and Oregon are swarmed with homeless people that occupy every inch of the city/area. It’s simply untrue and an asinine assumption.

Reactions: duckboy33
Not my point, some have this idea that California and Oregon are swarmed with homeless people that occupy every inch of the city/area. It’s simply untrue and an asinine assumption.

Anyone who’s been to the west coast knows that. The homeless population is noticeable and problematic in the major cities. Outside the major cities, it’s not a big issue at all

Reactions: UL_1986
Homeless problem is an epidemic in LA and SF. It’s actually worse in LA. Thing is, anyone who thinks it’s not happening near them is not paying attention. Even in Louisville, we see panhandlers further and further out in suburbs. It’s like that in every major city. It’s not due to liberalism. Reality is that cost of living is pushing people out, especially in cosmopolitan places or places like Austin. As population grows across country, it’s only going to get worse and no one really has a solution

Anyone who’s been to the west coast knows that. The homeless population is noticeable and problematic in the major cities. Outside the major cities, it’s not a big issue at all
That’s not true though. It’s definitely an issue in smaller cities. Even places like Bowling Green, KY. It’s all over. Again, as population grows all over it’s going to get worse.

That’s not true though. It’s definitely an issue in smaller cities. Even places like Bowling Green, KY. It’s all over. Again, as population grows all over it’s going to get worse.

I haven't been to Bowling Green before but if you go to Astoria, Corvallis, or other small cities in Oregon, it's not really an issue. I'm not going to guarantee that you will never see a homeless person but it's not overbearing.

I haven't been to Bowling Green before but if you go to Astoria, Corvallis, or other small cities in Oregon, it's not really an issue. I'm not going to guarantee that you will never see a homeless person but it's not overbearing.

If you have a smaller population you generally will have a lower amount of homeless people. It might not be a problem in the sense that there are shanty towns on the side of the road, but they exist. Of course, there are other conditions and exceptions, but it’s definitely a nationwide problem.

Reason it’s picked out in LA, SF, Portland and Seattle is because there are also known to be liberal bastions. To right wingers, it’s evidence of liberalism gone amuck. Much more complicated.

Reactions: UL_1986
I see nobody took the time to refute anything the OP said. Broad, but still factual, IMO.

They can't, because it's kind of irrefutable.

NCAA-Championships-21st-Century.jpg

hud-homeless.jpg

hud-homeless1.jpg

hud-homeless2.jpg

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT