ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell Carter's Mom states playing at Duke sucks

she's like a woman with a virginia ham under each arm crying because she doesn't have a loaf of bread.

Reactions: tw3301 and KisteK
Exactly. so my solution is don't take that risk and go to Ohio state.

Agreed, whether it be Ohio State or any other major conference program. If the goal is to get showcased for the NBA then why wouldn't you go to a place where you can be completely featured? Two of the last three #1 picks came from schools that didn't even make the NCAA tournament. This year you've got high lottery OAD's from Oklahoma and Alabama.

For guys who go to Duke it's a gamble. For guys like Bagley and Tatum it paid off big time. For a guy like Duvall it was an awful decision. For Carter, he got picked #7 and gets to go to a major market while his better teammate is stuck in NBA hell. His bat shit crazy mom should really STFU.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well, I was being facetious, suggesting that Wendell Carter was wasting his time at Duke. Pretending that Duke did nothing to promote his game or showcase his skillset is laughable. Harvard was widely considered Carter's #2 option, but they ain't getting a whole lot of attention on the Ivy League Network.

Bamba, though, is one of the most articulate basketball players out there. He sounds like a 30-year old businessman. Just listening to him, he seems like someone that could excel at an Ivy League school. Maybe Carter, too. But we know those guys went to college to play basketball. Ivy League Basketball is halfway decent, but it ain't gonna prepare you for the league.
I thought the same thing with Bamba when I heard him speak. Very well spoken.

Sounds like she loves being in the spot light. I think anyone who follows sports knows she's a little out there. Even during the season wearing that blue lip stick was a little too much.

she's like a woman with a virginia ham under each arm crying because she doesn't have a loaf of bread.

latest

Hate Duke but what more did she want. Kid was on ESPN twice a week. Played on a team that had a chance to win it all. Put up good numbers. Got drafted top 10. Casual basketball fans know who he is. He could of averaged 20 at a lot of schools and got lost. He seems to be a good kid and is a great player. If she didn't like the NCAA he could of went to China. She does not seem to be very appreciative. Kid got to attend one of the most prestigious academic schools and play for one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Not just mom

“I tell people. People make promises they can’t keep. It didn’t bother me,” Wendell Sr. said. “I was concerned because I felt like we were lied to. ‘Oh, Wendell’s gonna be the man’ and then the rug was pulled from under us.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/we...ke-recruiting-nba-draft-comments-bulls-bagley

Wasn't there another Duke recruit who's family recently said, they felt they were lied to?

Andddddd they still didnt make the Final Four. This year we get to hear about them going 40-0 again. Wonder if they'll be forced to play that lousy zone again because the new batch of 18 yr olds cant be bothered to actually try hard on defense?

You read these mom comments and just LOL. Its laughable. This is a microcosm for how the parents of these OAD kids feel. They dont give a rat's f*ck about the college they're going to for a year, they're only going at all because they dont have a choice. You have to LOL at the fans of these OAD factories getting giddy over these OAD kids who couldnt care less about anything but selfishly showcasing themselves for a season. College basketball was never supposed to be about this. Please get rid of the OAD rule so we can get back to having kids who actually give a crap about being in college in college. I actually feel sorry for Kentucky (and now Duke) fans. There is zero connection to these players. How is that possibly enjoyable?

I actually feel sorry for Kentucky (and now Duke) fans. There is zero connection to these players. How is that possibly enjoyable?
We wipe our tears with Final Four, Runner Up, and Championship banners.

Edit: don't be surprised if Jahvon Quinerly is OAD. I guess if he is,you'll have no connection to him despite playing for Nova an entire year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Andddddd they still didnt make the Final Four. This year we get to hear about them going 40-0 again. Wonder if they'll be forced to play that lousy zone again because the new batch of 18 yr olds cant be bothered to actually try hard on defense?

You read these mom comments and just LOL. Its laughable. This is a microcosm for how the parents of these OAD kids feel. They dont give a rat's f*ck about the college they're going to for a year, they're only going at all because they dont have a choice. You have to LOL at the fans of these OAD factories getting giddy over these OAD kids who couldnt care less about anything but selfishly showcasing themselves for a season. College basketball was never supposed to be about this. Please get rid of the OAD rule so we can get back to having kids who actually give a crap about being in college in college. I actually feel sorry for Kentucky (and now Duke) fans. There is zero connection to these players. How is that possibly enjoyable?

trwrzPg.gif

in your case ignorance is bliss

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't think Dick Vitale understands how to use Twitter.... you don't have to copy and paste the words of the person you are replying to.

Reactions: Quavarius
He's gonna say Mrs. K promised him things but didn't follow through and instead turned her attentions towards Marvin Bagley's father.

It's fun to give shit, but seriously, these people are nuts. Not them in particular, but some parents in general.

Reactions: tw3301
I don't feel sorry for either party involved.This is just the way recruiting and big time basketball goes these days. I feel confident in saying K probably did tell the Carters what they are saying he said, and so did every other coach they had contact with. And there is no doubt that K jumped on the Bagley train as soon as the opportunity presented itself. K did what probably 99.9% of coaches would do and accepted Bagley's commitment and the Carter's did what 95% of the perceived OAD's do and committed to K or Cal. If K sleeps good at night with that approach then more power to him and if the Carter's would have been paying closer attention then they would've known this was a possibility. There were plenty of other schools that were a better fit for Mr. Carter's skill set but he and his parents chose a school that historically wasn't considered a big man factory. So in the end I would say STFU Carters and live with your decision.

Reactions: jhmossy

I feel sorry for those programs that have 4 year kids and don't even get a sniff of the final four. I am sure most Duke and Kentucky fans are very happy that their programs are almost every year in the mix for a final four and a national championship.

Reactions: ceilo77
she was already bat shit crazy, now she's added "going full ******" to her CV.

i had no doubt that she would change her tune
to put it lightly, she was putting her son in a bad position

ADVERTISEMENT