ADVERTISEMENT

Well Kansas is a freaking lock for preseason #1...

PG: Dajuan Harris jr
SG: Zeke Mayo
SF: AJ Storr
PF: KJ Adams
C: Hunter Dickinson

Bench:
Rylan Griffen SF
Riley Kugel SG
Rekease Passamore F
Flory Bidunga C

This is the deepest and best team Self has had in a while. Lot of experience as well
Yeah and Kansas has a HOF coach too. They will be very hard to beat.

I remember when UK used to be postseason #1.

Better times.

I’m sure you tell that story often.

simpsons.gif

Who was preseason #1 this past year? My memory escapes me. 🤔

Said before the season that they shouldn’t have been #1, especially after losing Morris. Couldn’t believe that a team with little athleticism, virtually no shot creators, and weak outside shooting was consensus #1.

But to Bill’s credit, he had them looking pretty legit in the first half of the season. After McCullar went down, they probably weren’t a top 20 team.

We sure are lucky that we don't have to deal with Kansas and their HOF coach in the SEC year in and year out.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
We sure are lucky that we don't have to deal with Kansas and their HOF coach in the SEC year in and year out.
Fortunately, UK has an all-around winning record and a winning record at AFH against them, but I get why some fans would say that.

I'd personally love it if they were in the SEC. Stiffer competition would be great.

No doubt. I think the board should take bets on which KU player gets the annual suspension/kicked off team treatment.
Well, that is what I mean by doing things the right way. Self doesn't put up with any shenanigans. You do it right or you're punished.

I know he is HOF, but they should invent a new category higher than that for him.

No doubt. I think the board should take bets on which KU player gets the annual suspension/kicked off team treatment.

LOL. Remind me how many KU players have been convicted of a crime. Even Morris’s case was dismissed.

Meanwhile, a football player is arrested every week in Lexington. They just sweep the basketball shit under the rug.

Last edited:
PG: Dajuan Harris jr
SG: Zeke Mayo
SF: AJ Storr
PF: KJ Adams
C: Hunter Dickinson

Bench:
Rylan Griffen SF
Riley Kugel SG
Rekease Passamore F
Flory Bidunga C

This is the deepest and best team Self has had in a while. Lot of experience as well
Alabama will have something to say about that if Mark Sears comes back.

This is the lineup Bill should use

Hunter
Storr
Griffen
Mayo
Harris

KJ, Flory, Kugel,Passmore, Elmarko

Knowing Bill, it'll be hard to pry KJ out of the starting lineup. But I think we'll see that lineup often, and that's all that really matters.

KU’s roster is deep, experienced, talented and fits well. Self knocked it out of the park this year. He addressed the shooting issue they had from last year.

A starting 5 of Harris, Storr, Griffen, Adams and Dickinson with Zeke Mayo, Elmarko Jackson and Flory Bidunga is very formidable and deserves to be Preseason #1.

I've heard Riley Kugel has academic issues so not sure if he"ll stick on the team. Also, is Flory ok coming off the bench when he's a consensus top 10 recruit? Consensus top 10 HS recruits nearly always start in college so that'll be interesting to monitor. Bidunga can only play the 5 and Dickinson is clearly a college 5. Bill has an infatuation with KJ Adams so I doubt he wouldn't start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT