ADVERTISEMENT

Way, Way Too Early 2019-20 Top 25

From what the stats show, it seems like Brooks is still ahead of Dejulius, no?

Brooks last 6 games were more productive than Dejulius' entire season.

It’s expected dejulius will pass brooks. I personally think the coaches feel they whiffed on brooks, dejulius and nunez and that’s why they are scrambling to find a 2019 guard to sign that can be a legitimately good rotation player.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
From what the stats show, it seems like Brooks is still ahead of Dejulius, no?

Brooks last 6 games were more productive than Dejulius' entire season.

As of this moment yes. But DeJulius was a true freshman who was transitioning from a high school offense that primarily consisted of iso ball, so he was expected to have a bit of a rough transition (like most freshman PGs have had under Beilein). He has the ability to drive and hit contested off the dribble jumpers so his upside is considerably higher than Brooks IMO.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Xavier Tillman will be MSU’s second best player next year. The pick and roll with him and Cash is scary good.

After the Ward injury he’s been really, really good. Great defender. Can switch onto smaller guys with ease. Decent jump shot, you can’t leave him open. I’m not sure going into next year if there will be a better 5 in the Big Ten. Maybe Teske, Garza, or Haarms? I’d still take Tillman next year.

The advanced stats are also in love with Tillman. His box score +/- is insane.

Xavier Tillman will be MSU’s second best player next year. The pick and roll with him and Cash is scary good.

After the Ward injury he’s been really, really good. Great defender. Can switch onto smaller guys with ease. Decent jump shot, you can’t leave him open. I’m not sure going into next year if there will be a better 5 in the Big Ten. Maybe Teske, Garza, or Haarms? I’d still take Tillman next year.

The advanced stats are also in love with Tillman. His box score +/- is insane.

MSU legit could hsve 3 All American type players in Cash, Langford and Tilman

Reactions: MGC_07
I LOVE MY UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Okeke and Harper are both back I could see auburn there. If not we don’t belong in the top 5 to start the season at least.
i have a friend who watches HS/AAU ball religiously, he has said Okoro is way underanked and at least a top 10 recruit

Yeah I think he starts at auburn next year at the 3 for sure

He’s easily one the best defenders I’ve seen come from high school in a long time.

Can’t wait until him and Turbo get here with Stretch, Williams, and Flanigan.

And, then Shariffe Cooper after that :)

Kentucky will not be the 2nd best team in the nation next year. Especially not to start the year, but I think the team takes a step back in general next year though.

Only way I'd rank us that high is if we only lose Travis and Washington.
False. Richards, Montgomery, Quickley, Barker and possibly hagans is the strongest foundation we have had since Jones, Miller and lamb. Add sestina and the elite class and this is a very good team full of athletes and scorers. And you know Cal will have the defense where it needs to be.

I wish I could disagree, but he’s a 6 foot PG with not great athletism. He’s proved all he could prove.
what does height have to do with playing the PG position
Webb at 5'7 says hi
Boges at 5'5 says hi
Tiny Nate Archibald 5'10 says hi
Ulis 5'9 says hi
the 1st 4 had oustanding careers
the last one is only a couple years in.

height has nothing to do with a players ability to playing PG, not everybody has to be over 6'5 to play BB. next thing you know to get into the NBA players will have be a minimum of 6'7 just to get in.

Webb at 5'7 says hi
Boges at 5'5 says hi
Ulis 5'9 says hi

height has nothing to do with a players ability to playing PG, not everybody has to be over 6'5 to play BB. next thing you know to get into the NBA players will have be a minimum of 6'7 just to get in.
Gil you are really passionate about this height thing.

You would rather have a bigger PG than a shorter one. 6 feet is pretty short for the NBA. There aren’t a lot of PG’s left 6 foot or under. Also, Cash doesn’t have crazy athletism either. He’s an amazing college PG, but I don’t think he’ll excel in the pros due to physical limitations.

I wish I could disagree, but he’s a 6 foot PG with not great athletism. He’s proved all he could prove.

Oddly, as a Michigan fan, I somewhat disagree.

If Msu wins the title then I agree he should go. He will have accomplished the ultimate prize and is probably a second round lock. It would tough to have the mindset to come back.

If Msu does not win it all, then I can easily see why he would want to return given the team will be top 5 with him. There is even some unique symmetry where he could fall in the same line with Magic and Mateen of being this generation's figurehead player in Msu lore. (If he wins a title)

Oddly, as a Michigan fan, I somewhat disagree.

If Msu wins the title then I agree he should go. He will have accomplished the ultimate prize and is probably a second round lock. It would tough to have the mindset to come back.

If Msu does not win it all, then I can easily see why he would want to return given the team will be top 5 with him. There is even some unique symmetry where he could fall in the same line with Magic and Mateen of being this generation's figurehead player in Msu lore. (If he wins a title)
I definitely agree with you. I think he wants to win a title, and I think he should come back if he doesn’t this year.

But if we are just purely looking at the NBA and how much money he could make, there isn’t a lot he can do too improve his draft stock really. It may be at peak now, and he’ll take a smaller role next year I imagine with Langford coming back. I wouldn’t be shocked to see his PPG take a hit next year.

I definitely agree with you. I think he wants to win a title, and I think he should come back if he doesn’t this year.

But if we are just purely looking at the NBA and how much money he could make, there isn’t a lot he can do too improve his draft stock really. It may be at peak now, and he’ll take a smaller role next year I imagine with Langford coming back. I wouldn’t be shocked to see his PPG take a hit next year.

That's fair. The question though is where he may go in the draft. I think he is a second round guy, but possibly he doesn't hear his name. He will be able to get proper advice tho from the NBA guys.

On the other hand, I don't see why Nick Ward would come back. He is in a bad spot. I am very skeptical of him and Tillman playing together. I see Tillman with about 28 minutes and Ward with 20 with the two occasionally playing together. The problem for him tho is that he might not even be a second round guy anymore.

That's fair. The question though is where he may go in the draft. I think he is a second round guy, but possibly he doesn't hear his name. He will be able to get proper advice tho from the NBA guys.

On the other hand, I don't see why Nick Ward would come back. He is in a bad spot. I am very skeptical of him and Tillman playing together. I see Tillman with about 28 minutes and Ward with 20 with the two occasionally playing together. The problem for him tho is that he might not even be a second round guy anymore.
Agreed. I don’t think an NBA team would touch him right now. Hell, after the hand injury he’s been bad for us. If Nick Ward can’t score in the post what is he out there for? Tillman is better than Ward in every single category except post offense, which isn’t that important IMO.

I’m sure he could go over to Europe and make some money. If we dont win it he way want to stay and try and win a championship. Or get his degree. Would prefer to have him back for depth reasons, but he wouldn’t be as huge of a loss as some are saying.

Webb at 5'7 says hi
Boges at 5'5 says hi
Ulis 5'9 says hi

You just named 4 players in 50 years that have had successful careers at 6 feet or under.

Reactions: MGC_07
Illinois & Iowa but not even a Purdue mention... JFC.
At this point I’d say it’s perfectly fair to not mention Purdue in the Top 25 discussion. Could you get there? Maybe. Do they deserve to be mentioned there preseason with the assumption Edwards is gone? Nope.

At this point I’d say it’s perfectly fair to not mention Purdue in the Top 25 discussion. Could you get there? Maybe. Do they deserve to be mentioned there preseason with the assumption Edwards is gone? Nope.
Wow. You’ve really convinced me. Thanks for that.

Reactions: SNU0821
False. Richards, Montgomery, Quickley, Barker and possibly hagans is the strongest foundation we have had since Jones, Miller and lamb. Add sestina and the elite class and this is a very good team full of athletes and scorers. And you know Cal will have the defense where it needs to be.
False. 2015 returned way more talent than that. I didn't say they would be garbage, but that is not a top 2 team team at all IMO.

Gil you are really passionate about this height thing.

You would rather have a bigger PG than a shorter one. 6 feet is pretty short for the NBA. There aren’t a lot of PG’s left 6 foot or under. Also, Cash doesn’t have crazy athletism either. He’s an amazing college PG, but I don’t think he’ll excel in the pros due to physical limitations.
see my post above about former and current NBA PG's that had impressive careers. Cash will be a good to great PG same as Edwards will succeed in the NBA. WHY is it that you hate short people?

You just named 4 players in 50 years that have had successful careers at 6 feet or under.
these were the more notables there are far more that played in the NBA. but then again there is no reason they can't be just as good.

see my post above about former and current NBA PG's that had impressive careers. Cash will be a good to great PG same as Edwards will succeed in the NBA. WHY is it that you hate short people?
I understand that they exist, but it’s unusual. You listed 4 players in a 50 year span. Some of those guys were also athletic to make up for it, and Cash isn’t that. I don’t thini he can be a starter at the NBA level, but I think he can be a good backup.

I don’t hate short people. I understand fundamentally there is an advantage to being taller than 6 foot at PG in the NBA.

I understand that they exist, but it’s unusual. You listed 4 players in a 50 year span. Some of those guys were also athletic to make up for it, and Cash isn’t that. I don’t thini he can be a starter at the NBA level, but I think he can be a good backup.

I don’t hate short people. I understand fundamentally there is an advantage to being taller than 6 foot at PG in the NBA.
so you are saying that anybofy under 6'4 should forget about ever making the NBA. sad just sad.

Wow. You’ve really convinced me. Thanks for that.
And you did nothing to convince anyone Purdue should be in the discussion.

You just whined like a bitch because everyone here doesn’t believe Purdue shouldn’t be in the Top 25 in the preseason.

Last edited:
so you are saying that anybofy under 6'4 should forget about ever making the NBA. sad just sad.

yes you did by saying that anybody under 6'0 will not have success in the NBA.
Quit backtracking.
You just said 2 different things. Reread both.

I said a combination of his lack of height and lack of athleticism will lead to him not being a super successful NBA player. I don’t think he’ll start.

This is literally all I’m saying. You’re blowing everything way out of proportions. I have no idea where you’re getting any of that from.

Reactions: KisteK
And you did nothing to convince anyone Purdue should be in the discussion.

You just whined like a bitch because everyone here doesn’t believe Purdue shouldn’t be in the Top 25 in the preseason.
Took you 8 hours to formulate that response? Impressive.

Took you 8 hours to formulate that response? Impressive.
I have a life, Blaire. My kids had two soccer games and a baseball game that were more important than responding to your dumb ass.

So you can’t justify your argument? Standard liberal snowflake Blaire.

You just said 2 different things. Reread both.

I said a combination of his lack of height and lack of athleticism will lead to him not being a super successful NBA player. I don’t think he’ll start.

This is literally all I’m saying. You’re blowing everything way out of proportions. I have no idea where you’re getting any of that from.
we shall see.

I have a life, Blaire. My kids had two soccer games and a baseball game that were more important than responding to your dumb ass.

So you can’t justify your argument? Standard liberal snowflake Blaire.
You’re really playing the long con with this “I have kids” bit, aren’t you?

You’re really playing the long con with this “I have kids” bit, aren’t you?
Don’t be angry at me that you and your boyfriend actually can’t have kids. That was your life choice, Blaire.

Texas finished the year Top 30 in offensive and defensive efficiency.

With Coleman and Ramey returning they are a borderline Top 25 team.
The question is Jaxson Hayes. I think he is gone. If he stays Jericho Sims will transfer.

Sims/Jones/Baker
Hayes/Jones/Baker

Great bigs to go with the three returning guards and the return of Andrew Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT