ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler and Jabari Smith…

I think they actually had a combined 6 blocked shots. You didn't even have 10 as a team.

Did Kessler dominate out on the perimeter playing his new position as a wing?

Last edited:
I think they actually had a combined 6 blocked shots. You didn't even have 10 as a team.

Did Kessler dominate out on the perimeter playing his new position as a wing?
Still butthurt I see. North Carolina lost a good one no matter how many times you try to deny it. He played inside and dominating on defense.

I was salty AF losing Kessler but man it turned out to be a blessing.

Kessler had 6 points and 6 boards.

Manek had 20 and 5
Garcia had 12 and 9 off the bench.

Still butthurt I see. North Carolina lost a good one no matter how many times you try to deny it. He played inside and dominating on defense.

Dude, you trashed Kessler big time at the beginning of last season. May wanna fix that selective memory you have Chief.

Dude, you trashed Kessler big time at the beginning of last season. May wanna fix that selective memory you have Chief.
No. I trashed your coaching staff for not using him properly. He left because he wanted better coaching than that high school Jv coach you have running your program now.

No. I trashed your coaching staff for not using him properly. He left because he wanted better coaching than that high school Jv coach you have running your program now.
Your post said nothing about the coaching staff Junior. No worries, Auburn won’t see a FF in your life time.

^^^^ they were just there a few years ago, kyle guy stole their nets lol.

Shoulda went with wont win a natty until his family tree is tall as a redwood.

plus didnt kessler decide to transfer while roy was the coach, and possibly even before he announced his retirement. Iirc roy just retired kind of out of the blue, hes not narcissistic enough to need a slobberfest fairwell tour.

He is a good one. Has a load of potential. Roy used him inside where he should be. His dad didn't like it though (and didn't like that Roy played better players ahead of him) and Pearl said he would let him work on the wing. I like Pearl but that was either a lie or stupid. One of you guys on here, probably you, said that is what he would do. We told whoever that was he couldn't shoot or play out there and were told he could. He can be really good inside but playing him outside or letting him fire from deep isn't going to work with his skillset.

I have no ill will for Kessler though. I'll pull for him and Pearl 100 percent. I have some connections to Auburn academically so have always had a soft spot for them. Plus, it would be nice to see their basketball team achieve something one day. Anyway, UNC ended up with players who fit what they needed better anyway considering he would still be playing behind Bacot.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Your post said nothing about the coaching staff Junior. No worries, Auburn won’t see a FF in your life time.
We will be there again before Carolina is. We have 3 first rounders on our squad this season. Probably not good for you to keep talking shit.

I’m gonna talk shit. Many teams before Auburn had that much talent and haven’t made it out of the first weekend.
Auburn has never had 3 first rounders on the team at the same time. Wtf are you talking about?

Reading comprehension. Many teams BEFORE Auburn have had plenty of talent and not did ish in the tourney.

Washington is a classic example, there for a while theyd churn out top ten picks eve year and not even make the tourney with em.

Point being nba talent does not always equal team success. I dont really have any problem with auburn, they are super fun to watch and i dont really have a favorite sec team, just anyone who beats UK lol. So keep making that happen and ull be A OK to me.

Reading comprehension. Many teams BEFORE Auburn have had plenty of talent and not did ish in the tourney.

Washington is a classic example, there for a while theyd churn out top ten picks eve year and not even make the tourney with em.

Point being nba talent does not always equal team success. I dont really have any problem with auburn, they are super fun to watch and i dont really have a favorite sec team, just anyone who beats UK lol. So keep making that happen and ull be A OK to me.
You won’t see Auburn at full strength until Flanagan comes back in late December. Point guard is only concern. Although Wendell green balled out last night.

^^^^ they were just there a few years ago, kyle guy stole their nets lol.

Shoulda went with wont win a natty until his family tree is tall as a redwood.

plus didnt kessler decide to transfer while roy was the coach, and possibly even before he announced his retirement. Iirc roy just retired kind of out of the blue, hes not narcissistic enough to need a slobberfest fairwell tour.

No, it was about 2 weeks after our season ended.

Reactions: Villian07
I like Kessler. He is a monster down low and has a ton of potential. His ability to block shots and rebound alone should be a difference maker. I wish he had stayed, but wish him nothing but good things at Auburn and beyond. I even drafted him in our college draft on this board.

But if he’s going to be shooting 4 three pointers per game then that’s going to not be so good for your offense. I think he could probably develop that kind of range but I haven’t seen anything to really convince me that he has it now. Maybe he’s just doing it against cupcakes early and will settle into more of a midrange and in game as the season progresses.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like Kessler. He is a monster down low and has a ton of potential. His ability to block shots and rebound alone should be a difference maker. I wish he had stayed, but wish him nothing but good things at Auburn and beyond. I even drafted him in our college draft on this board.

But if he’s going to be shooting 4 three pointers per game then that’s going to not be so good for your offense. I think he could probably develop that kind of range but I haven’t seen anything to really convince me that he has it now. Maybe he’s just doing it against cupcakes early and will settle into more of a midrange and in game as the season progresses.

Yeah, that is what most UNC fans think. Loved his potential and thought he could really be great down low. I don't think anyone was happy he left, though I do think he may not have been super happy to stay and play backup.

The argument her was with the Auburn fan who said Pearl would basically let him shoot outside and be a wing and that he would thrive doing it. When that sort of stuff goes down we tend to come back to it on the boards just for kicks. I don't remember if it was this guy or not but would bet that if it was he will just say it wasn't.

Last edited:
Going forward, I might take Auburn over Duke and UNC. Not this year, but down maybe in 20 or so years.

Going forward, I might take Auburn over Duke and UNC. Not this year, but down maybe in 20 or so years.
The amount of money the SEC is going to be bringing in once Texas and Oklahoma join is going to be damn near double that of the current ACC. Rich will be getting richer in all sports

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT