ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Assistant Coach Kills Tourist In NYC

"Arbitrarily banging"?

https://people.com/crime/florida-tourist-punched-nyc-looking-for-uber/

Early Sunday morning, after a night out, Szabo, 35, left his brother’s hotel and ordered an Uber back to his hotel, according to WPIX and Florida stations WPEC and WPBF.

While waiting for his ride, Szabo mistook a white SUV for his car home and knocked on the window, WPIX reports.

That’s when the driver of the vehicle got out and punched him in the face, N.Y.C. police said in a news release. Szabo was knocked unconscious after falling back and hitting his head on the ground, according to police.

A 17-year-old witness told WPIX that he helped the driver prop Szabo up against another vehicle.

“Me and the man, we picked him up and leaned him against a car so he would stop choking on his blood until the ambulance came,” the teen said.

The driver fled the scene after the attack, according to the police news release. He is described as bald, with dark skin.

A stranger knocking on my window mistaking me for someone else does not entice me to get out and knock the guy out. Then again, I'm not a short fused idiot like this coach appears to be.

Reactions: Uihawks111
"How drunk does one have to be to not be able to coordinate with your Uber driver"

Quite a bit less drunk than I've been at every wedding I've been to over the past 10 years.

You said that the coach now pays the ultimate price. You think the coach is paying a higher price than... you know.... his life? The victim is dead.
I’m aware, the coach probably goes to jail, that’s why I said in the “long run”, you know?.... Because the other guy is dead..
Do you think he meant to kill the guy? You seem pretty fixated on that.

I’m aware, the coach probably goes to jail, that’s why I said in the “long run”, you know?.... Because the other guy is dead..
Do you think he meant to kill the guy? You seem pretty fixated on that.

In the long wrong the coach pays a higher price than dying because he might get jail time?

:rolleyes:

I never said he meant to kill the guy. I don't think drunk drivers who cause fatal accidents mean to kill people, but when you do something stupid that results in someone else dying I don't have sympathy for you.

In the long wrong the coach pays a higher price than dying because he might get jail time?

:rolleyes:

I never said he meant to kill the guy. I don't think drunk drivers who cause fatal accidents mean to kill people, but when you do something stupid that results in someone else dying I don't have sympathy for you.
Apples to oranges argument, a punch generally 99% of the time doesn’t kill someone. However, the guy was drunk and probably unable to stand up correctly, lost his footing and got curbed. Sucks.

Apples to oranges argument, a punch generally 99% of the time doesn’t kill someone. However, the guy was drunk and probably unable to stand up correctly, lost his footing and got curbed. Sucks.

Drinking and driving generally 99% of the time doesn't kill someone. That doesn't excuse the driver for killing someone while driving drunk.

@UL1986 also feels bad for police officers who are fired or resign for killing unarmed suspects. Those officers pay the ultimate price.

99% is a bit of an exaggeration. It doesn’t excuse them, that’s why you should read my previous post, consequences should and will be met.

You're basically saying that the guy who died deserved it because he shouldn't knock on a strangers window. I've knocked on a strangers window sober because I thought it was someone I was suppose to be meeting. Thank god that person didn't kill me for doing it.

You're basically saying that the guy who died deserved it because he shouldn't knock on a strangers window. I've knocked on a strangers window sober because I thought it was someone I was suppose to be meeting. Thank god that person didn't kill me for doing it.
Probably a good thing you didn’t run into the wrong guy. Did you knock or bang, TIA?

I was selling bar stools to a guy on a Buy/Sell/Trade site. He said he'd meet me at Ace Hardware and would be in a white truck.

I get to Ace Hardware and there is a guy in a white truck parked and can't see me. I knock on his window. He looks up, rolls down his window, and asks if I needed something. I ask if he is the guy buying my bar stools. He says nope. End of interaction.

Thankfully he wasn't as unstable as the Wake Forest coach.

Probably a good thing you didn’t run into the wrong guy. Did you knock or bang, TIA?

I did what People.com said Szabo did.

"While waiting for his ride, Szabo mistook a white SUV for his car home and knocked on the window, WPIX reports.

That’s when the driver of the vehicle got out and punched him in the face, N.Y.C. police said in a news release. Szabo was knocked unconscious after falling back and hitting his head on the ground, according to police."

I was selling bar stools to a guy on a Buy/Sell/Trade site. He said he'd meet me at Ace Hardware and would be in a white truck.

I get to Ace Hardware and there is a guy in a white truck parked and can't see me. I knock on his window. He looks up, rolls down his window, and asks if I needed something. I ask if he is the guy buying my bar stools. He says nope. End of interaction.

Thankfully he wasn't as unstable as the Wake Forest coach.
Thankfully he wasn’t, or else we wouldn’t be having this lovely conversation.

A drunk driver could crash into and kill a driver going 60mph in a 55 and UL would be here saying the drunk driver is the one paying the ultimate price and that the other guy shouldn't have been speeding.

The dude is dead, he took a punch and fell back and hit his head. Not much else to the story. Jones will probably face legal consequences. Like I’ve reiterated 3 times now.

He probably deserved it because he shouldn't knock on someones window.

It's a shame that you think he probably deserved to die.
I wasn’t there, neither were you. Eye witnesses were there after the altercation. Who knows what was deserved and what wasn’t. He didn’t deserve to die, but that clearly wasn’t the coaches intentions. Wait, are we gonna talk about drunk drivers arbitrarily again? Seems like this circle of conversation is growing exponentially. Laughing

I wasn’t there, neither were you. Eye witnesses were there after the altercation. Who knows what was deserved and what wasn’t. He didn’t deserve to die, but that clearly wasn’t the coaches intentions. Wait, are we gonna talk about drunk drivers arbitrarily again? Seems like this circle of conversation is growing exponentially. Laughing

Make up your mind. You just said he deserved to did. It’s almost like you’re using this situation to troll which is pretty pathetic itself.

I wasn’t there so I don’t know, you however seem to know exactly what happened, being that you heard an eyewitness report after said incident occurred.

You seem pretty intent on him banging on an window and not knocking on it like one report says. Seems like you have your mind made up.

I wasn’t there so I don’t know, you however seem to know exactly what happened, being that you heard an eyewitness report after said incident occurred.

You. Your inability to reason about whose actions were way more out of line and then basically say “sucks to suck” about the guy getting killed is disturbing.

You seem pretty intent on him banging on an window and not knocking on it like one report says. Seems like you have your mind made up.
Why does the other report state he was banging? You seem pretty intent on the fact that said drunk guy was 100% in the right. I’ve stated several times Idk, and the coach should go to jail. You keep rehashing his unproven innocence from a eye witness report after said incident occurred. You seem a bit biased here, Hail. Wonder why? Odd.

You. Your inability to reason about whose actions were way more out of line and then basically say “sucks to suck” about the guy getting killed is disturbing.
I said it sucks, as in...it sucks. There’s a clear difference in wow, that situation sucks, and “sucks to suck”. Keep writing your own narrative though, you’re getting pretty good at it. You should’ve been a journalist.

When all the facts are presented, I’ll clearly state what I think. No one deserves to die over something menescule as that, however you’re a master at full circling an argument to fit your shite narrative to say” you think he should’ve died”, haha I know what you’re doing bud, might work with others on this board. Not me. Laughing. Anyways, for the 5th time, both parties seem dumb to me, Jones should go to jail, due to unfortunate incident of Szabo hitting his head after he was punched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT