ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Assistant Coach Kills Tourist In NYC

Spacegrass

Mar 30, 2012
So this happened late Sunday night into Monday morning. I know they are still trying to get the story straight and put the pieces together. Sandor Szabo I knew pretty well thru Middle school and HS , we played soccer some together , ran in same social circles. I hadn't seen him in about 10 years though. Hill turned himself in Thursday. Sad story!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wake-f...at-killed-new-york-city-tourist-sandor-szabo/

It is sad. All around. Something similar happened here a few months ago. A guy grabbed a woman's butt at a gas station. She told her boyfriend and he confronted the guy and pushed him. The guy punched the boyfriend and he fell back and hit his head on a brick ledge and was in the hospital for two weeks before he died from his injury.

The guy did not get charged in the death because he wasn't the aggressor by the law. He was charged with sexual battery. Which does not carry jail time in most cases.

Just shows you how dangerous confronting a stranger can be. Even when you are in the right. You don't want to be in either shoes.

Reactions: KisteK
He was charged with sexual battery. Which does not carry jail time in most cases.
tenor.gif

I just found out about the Wake Forest coach yesterday. Had known he was barely hanging on and passed earlier this week. Crazy that both were same age with the NC connections.

It wasn’t the coach who died.

Amazing how one moment can absolutely change your life forever.

Moral of the story: Don't go around banging on random car windows when you're sloshed.

Yea we know that.

Ah, okay, the way you phrased it (“found out about the coach, he was barely hanging on”) made me think maybe you had gotten them mixed up.

I just found out about the Wake Forest coach yesterday. Had known he was barely hanging on and passed earlier this week. Crazy that both were same age with the NC connections.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Moral of the story: Don't go around banging on random car windows when you're sloshed.
Yep. Thing is what was described that transpired sounds like something his brother would of done. His brother was a year younger and they looked almost like they could be twins.

Ah, okay, the way you phrased it (“found out about the coach, he was barely hanging on”) made me think maybe you had gotten them mixed up.
No what I meant is up until Thursday we knew he had passed but nothing about the Wake Forest coach had come out yet.

Was he just looking for an Uber/Lyft that he ordered? The Wake coach clearly overreacted and should get some sort of jail time in my opinion. You don't just randomly clock unless you're being repeatedly harassed and sense your life is in danger.

Was he just looking for an Uber/Lyft that he ordered? The Wake coach clearly overreacted and should get some sort of jail time in my opinion. You don't just randomly clock unless you're being repeatedly harassed and sense your life is in danger.

See, that's why I doubt it was just him knocking on windows... I just don't see someone clocking someone else for that.

What a shitty story for everyone involved:(

I had not seen Sandor in probably 10 years. But in HS back in the day his brother would always be the one to usually start something with somebody. Sandor as the older brother always was protective of little brother. THing is the story sounds like something his brother would of done rather than Sandor. But will find out more soon enough. I know that he got hit so hard that the punch pushed his teeth thru his lip. We are talking about a guy that was about 5'11 175 too. I can't imagine Jones being too terribly small either. It was like a lightweight vs a heavyweight punch.

Reactions: Donein2004
I just found out about the Wake Forest coach yesterday.

Okay; so we are talking about the Wake Forest coach.

Next sentence:

Had known he (emphasis mine) was barely hanging on and passed earlier this week.

Notice the use of the pronoun. In the preceding sentence, we were talking about the Wake Forest coach, which logically sets up the Wake Forest coach as the subject being replaced by the pronoun in sentence two.

When I read those two sentences, I thought maybe it was possible Space had skimmed a headline quickly or just saw the story in passing and had maybe confused who had gotten hurt. So I clarified quickly. Turns out he knew, it was just the way he phrased it left it a bit ambiguous, which I acknowledged, and then we moved on. I’ll be honest, I missed that it was Space who posted the original post.

And yes, Duke education. Columbia too, although it’s only the sixth best Ivy, lower than Duke’s #4 overall national ranking when I graduated. What can you do?

Last edited:

Next sentence:

Notice the use of the pronoun. However, in the preceding sentence, we were talking about the Wake Forest coach, which logically sets us the Wake Forest coach as the subject being replaced by the pronoun in sentence two.

When I read those two sentences, I thought maybe it was possible Space had gotten confused who had gotten hurt. So I clarified quickly. Turns out he knew, it was just the way he phrased it left it a bit ambiguous, which I acknowledged, and then we moved on. I’ll be honest, I missed that it was Space who posted the original post.

And yes, Duke education. Columbia too, although it’s only the sixth best Ivy, lower than Duke’s #4 overall national ranking when I graduated. What can you do?
You could have just told him to fvck off.

Yea I knew the guy pretty well from middle school up thru our early 20's. So yes I understand the situation. I am not always MLA hand book checking my posts on rivals.

Yeah yeah, no problem, just wasn’t sure if you got the story straight is all. Totally fine, just a misunderstanding.

Reactions: Spacegrass

Next sentence:

Notice the use of the pronoun. In the preceding sentence, we were talking about the Wake Forest coach, which logically sets up the Wake Forest coach as the subject being replaced by the pronoun in sentence two.

When I read those two sentences, I thought maybe it was possible Space had skimmed a headline quickly or just saw the story in passing and had maybe confused who had gotten hurt. So I clarified quickly. Turns out he knew, it was just the way he phrased it left it a bit ambiguous, which I acknowledged, and then we moved on. I’ll be honest, I missed that it was Space who posted the original post.

Bragging about going to an Ivy League school and then getting a degree in elementary education is like bragging about working at the Playboy Mansion and shaking the hand of one of the models once.

Reactions: treyforuk
"This was a tragic accident, and Mr. Jones and his family send their deepest condolences and their thoughts and prayers to the Szabo family," Massena said. In a statement, Wake Forest said the school would comment further once it gathered more information."

He accidentally got out of the car, accidentally followed the other guy to the sidewalk, and accidentally cold clocked him

"This was a tragic accident, and Mr. Jones and his family send their deepest condolences and their thoughts and prayers to the Szabo family," Massena said. In a statement, Wake Forest said the school would comment further once it gathered more information."

He accidentally got out of the car, accidentally followed the other guy to the sidewalk, and accidentally cold clocked him
Probably shouldn’t bang on someone’s car in a inebriated state of mind, never know who’s gonna be in said car, or what they’ll do. The coach pays the ultimate price in the long run, however the drunken fool is now dead because of a dumbass decision to bang on someone else’s car. In my opinion, both parties are stupid.

Probably shouldn’t bang on someone’s car in a inebriated state of mind, never know who’s gonna be in said car, or what they’ll do. The coach pays the ultimate price in the long run, however the drunken fool is now dead because of a dumbass decision to bang on someone else’s car. In my opinion, both parties are stupid.

Calling the whole thing an accident is stupid.

Getting killed for mistaking a vehicle for your uber ride is not Szabo paying the ultimate price? How high does one have to be to believe that?

Calling the whole thing an accident is stupid.

Getting killed for mistaking a vehicle for your uber ride is not Szabo paying the ultimate price? How high does one have to be to believe that?
Being aware of your surroundings. How drunk does one have to be to not be able to coordinate with your Uber driver, and start arbitrarily banging on someone else’s personal property? The coach punched him probably thinking the dude wouldn’t in turn, “die”. Like others have stated, unfortunate situation.

Being aware of your surroundings. How drunk does one have to be to not be able to coordinate with your Uber driver, and start arbitrarily banging on someone else’s personal property? The coach punched him probably thinking the dude wouldn’t in turn, “die”. Like others have stated, unfortunate situation.

You’re sticking with dying not paying the ultimate price?

ADVERTISEMENT