ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova vs. Texas Tech game thread

Damn, TTU can't hit a shot nor can they hold onto the basketball. This game may get out of hand before TTU know what happened to them.

Tech’s not getting a friendly whistle but their offense isn’t capitalizing on anything. They better get it together or it’s gonna be a blowout.

Reactions: KisteK
All the fouls are pretty legit imo. Maybe nova is getting a friendly whistle on D end, but they're def getting fouled.

I think this is the gripe. Nova is playing just as physical and doing just as much reaching and grabbing but they aren't getting whistled for it. Things usually even out on the end though.

Reactions: TechFan88
You just cannot under any circumstance afford to give Nova 2nd & 3rd chance shots. Nova is too damn good to make so many mistakes.

Much better job of TTU defender beating the offensive player to the spot. They've gotten some really good stops but offensively can't get out of their own way.

Reactions: TechFan88
Nova is too good to take crap shots with over 10 seconds left on the shot clock, and still expect to beat them.. Quick, someone inform Beard.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Nova up 8 while not shooting well and having a couple players in foul trouble is very bad news for Texas Tech.

TT needs to show some of that grit they’re known for. Gotta hit some of those tough shots.

Villanova is playing like the better team. Building on their lead. Tied @ the under 12 timeout.

I think he cements himself in the Elite coaches club. You can rank them however you want but it’s a top tier.

Self
Cal
K
Roy
Izzo
Boeheim, maybe

Think you can make a case he's ahead of everyone but K & Roy with 2 titles, though I think Self and Cal's total resume still trumps his.

This is looking like Nova's year. Even the next game against whomever wins this afternoon? Nova will be the better team.

I just don’t think TT is going away. They will make a run. Only problem is, those Nova players have been doing this for so long I don’t think they’ll be stupid enough to get complacent. Not sure if they can keep up that defensive intensity though. And Tech tends to make late runs because they have such good depth. They will have fresh legs late in the second half. If Nova slows down at all and Tech hits their jumpers, they can be in it late.

I think Brunson’s dad is reffing the game. There is some ticky tack bs being called against TT. Meanwhile at the other end....crickets.

Reactions: TechRaiderRider
believe he'll have more titles & final fours than self if they win it all
Yeah he will. But a 15 year average of 29-6 with multiple 1 and 2 seeds goes a long way for Self. He’s one of the GOAT’s from November through early March.

ADVERTISEMENT