ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova, Duke, Michigan State

Teams lose. Happens almost every single year. But still, here we are----reacting to yet another December loss.

giphy.gif

Arizona St should be #1 if they take down Arizona tomorrow. Even if they lose, they have a resume as good as any.

At this time last year (Dec 26th), the top 5 in the AP were:

1. Nova
2. UCLA
3. KU
4. Baylor
5. Duke

I would assume that the three teams that would have been picked last year in a similar exercise would have been KU, Nova, and either Duke or UCLA. Since UNC (#12 on Dec 26th) ended up winning it all, the field would have won. Hell, not a single one of those 4 teams made the final four and only one, KU, made the elite eight. Taking the three teams vs. the field at even odds is not a good play.

Last edited:
Taking it back two season, the AP top 5 on Dec 28, 2015 were:

1. MSU
2. UK
3. OU
4. Maryland
5. UVA

Zona was #8. Guessing the three teams for this exercise would have been MSU, UK, and either OU or Zona. Out of those four teams, only OU made the final four and obviously Nova (#16 on Dec 28, 2015) won it all, giving the field the win.

I’ve never been more conflicted about a basketball game. I love the ASU storyline and that team, plus I am not a fan on chea- Arizona. But MSU would guarantee the number 1 ranking with the Zona win.

This thread looking more stupid than it was earlier and it was pretty damn stupid earlier.

Would you take those three, or would you take the field if you had to bet your life savings?
I'd take the field, and of those 3 teams I'd say Villanova represents over 70% of the reason I'd slightly hesitate.

ADVERTISEMENT