ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova, Duke, Michigan State

rockycard

Jan 8, 2007
Would you take those three, or would you take the field if you had to bet your life savings?

If you threw Iowa in their with them, I'd take the foursome. But since the Hawkeyes are rounding into form, I can't take the threesome.

Reactions: Toast.
I would always take the field vs one team. But those are a solid three teams this year. Each with things to improve on, but I think they are the top 3 going into the tournament.

I will go with the three.

The field. This is college basketball. And in a one & done tournament, anything can happen.

Today? I’ll take the field. Lots of season left, who knows what happens wrt injuries

I'd take the field. Those three seem to be the best bets individually, but a lot can happen in a single elimination tournament. Also, while they seem to be the best, there really doesn't look like a huge divide this year between them and the next tier.

Give me those 3; at full health I think only Arizona and Florida are true contenders if they round into form.

Yeah. I don’t have any faith in Purdue either.

Besides 2015 Kentucky, if they even were, there might not have ever been a team who was even odds to reach the elite 8 in December.

You really need to give me correct odds to take that bet, whether it be Purdue or anyone else.

Besides 2015 Kentucky, if they even were, there might not have ever been a team who was even odds to reach the elite 8 in December.

You really need to give me correct odds to take that bet, whether it be Purdue or anyone else.
Get back at me once you’ve had a few drinks and we’ll revisit this bet.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Get back at me once you’ve had a few drinks and we’ll revisit this bet.

Lol touche good sir. Seriously putting you on ignore tonight since im probably getting lit and liable to bet this tonight if antagonized.

Hopefully I remember to take you back off ignore tomorrow, dont know any other K State slappies to converse with.

Reactions: schoonerwest
This is tough. The separation between the top three and the rest is pretty big, but this is college basketball and anything can happen. While I’d list those three as the favs, I’d give each about 1:8 odds to win. And 5:8>3:8.

For dumbsh*ts who need 3rd grade math explained ( roughly a third of the board) I took the field.

This is tough. The separation between the top three and the rest is pretty big, but this is college basketball and anything can happen. While I’d list those three as the favs, I’d give each about 1:8 odds to win. And 5:8>3:8.

For dumbsh*ts who need 3rd grade math explained ( roughly a third of the board) I took the field.
Gotta take the the field

Reactions: MGC_07

All three have proven to be contenders, but I'm not sure any of them have truly separated themselves.

I don't think a Duke team that is defensively-challenged and lost to BC can claim to be on another level from other upper tier teams. Not yet anyway.

Villanova may have some good pieces, but what have they really proven? Their best win is over a moderately talented and inconsistent Gonzaga team.

If anything has been proven in this young season, it's that there's more parity than ever. High majors struggling with midmajors every night.

BTW, anyone who dismisses Ariz St as a possible contender either hasn't seen them play or is biased because of the name on the jersey. If they wore Carolina blue, I can guarantee they'd be viewed as a contender, if not the favorite.

If Arizona or Kentucky put it all together, they have the talent to join the conversation. A&M might be in the mix. If/when KU gets its big men eligible, they probably vault up there. And even a team like Oklahoma or Purdue could contend. Too soon to tell.

All three have proven to be contenders, but I'm not sure any of them have truly separated themselves.

I don't think a Duke team that is defensively-challenged and lost to BC can claim to be on another level from other upper tier teams. Not yet anyway.

Villanova may have some good pieces, but what have they really proven? Their best win is over a moderately talented and inconsistent Gonzaga team.

If anything has been proven in this young season, it's that there's more parity than ever. High majors struggling with midmajors every night.

BTW, anyone who dismisses Ariz St as a possible contender either hasn't seen them play or is biased because of the name on the jersey. If they wore Carolina blue, I can guarantee they'd be viewed as a contender, if not the favorite.

If Arizona or Kentucky put it all together, they have the talent to join the conversation. A&M might be in the mix. If/when KU gets its big men eligible, they probably vault up there. And even a team like Oklahoma or Purdue could contend. Too soon to tell.
I quite agree with you. If you gave Arizona State and like A&M I’d take those 5. I think Zona St and those top three kinda have some separation imo. I think there is a bit of a drop off to number 5. Honestly any of those teams could make a push (might be the big ten homer in me but I think Purdue might make a push and take that 5 spot, but so could many other teams)

Butler is not beating Nova tmrw. This isn’t last year where Nova had no bigs.
Ohwow.jpg

If you can hit 11 3’s in a row you too can squeak past Villanova on your home court.

ADVERTISEMENT