Votes: 27 39.1%
  • They both miss the tourney

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters
Play-in game...

North Carolina vs. Kentucky

It's what America needs.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t see Kentucky making it. Do they have a better resume than we do? If no, we they’re not making it either.

They're 1-8 in Quad 1 Games. Their lone Quad 1 win was against an 11-12 Ohio State team; Nance had to make this very challenging shot just to send it into OT.

Both teams are perplexing. UNC wasnt a juggernaut, but shouldnt be losing to these teams with their roster. UK is even weirder. They have the talent, they just haven't found any sort of chemistry. They literally have all the pieces on paper. They need four or five more wins to get in.

Not sure if I'd rather have Kentucky in the NCAA or NIT. Going to the NIT might give them a chance to pile up some cheap wins and narrow the gap in all-time wins.

Both teams are underachieving but what I don’t get is how UK has been mentioned “in the bubble” while UNc has not. While I agree Kentucky was in the bubble range I don’t see how UNc was not. Makes no sense.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
hell yea how amazing would that game be in Dayton. Only question is would it be considered the headliner game or would it take a back seat to the matcup between the SWAC champ and the Patriot champ.

Haha damn. Ruthless lol.

Both teams are underachieving but what I don’t get is how UK has been mentioned “in the bubble” while UNc has not. While I agree Kentucky was in the bubble range I don’t see how UNc was not. Makes no sense.

There's always a lag with the aggregate results for who bracketogists consider bubble teams. There are more games played and more data to account for each day - so it's always going to be fluid. But, I'll tell you this, 28 bracketologists released a new bracket yesterday...

6 of the 28 had UNC missing the tournament altogether. While only 1 of them had Kentucky missing the tourney. Both teams are currently on the right side of the bubble, but your margin for error is obviously never very large when you're a bubble team.

Reactions: Scotty00
There's always a lag with the aggregate results for who bracketogists consider bubble teams. There are more games played and more data to account for each day - so it's always going to be fluid. But, I'll tell you this, 28 bracketologists released a new bracket yesterday...

6 of the 28 had UNC missing the tournament altogether. While only 1 of them had Kentucky missing the tourney. Both teams are currently on the right side of the bubble, but your margin for error is obviously never very large when you're a bubble team.
As embarrassing as it’s going to be out of the tourney, getting in and losing immediately doesn’t feel any better.

I think they both get in and both could be dangerous. If you are a 6 seed and get either you didn't get a good draw. Or, If you are that over-achieving 2-3 seed and get either in the 2nd rd the Vegas line is going to tell you it's a toss up and you didn't get a good draw either.

I do wonder if the people deciding who gets in want to keep as many eyeballs as possible and would lean to both these programs over some mid-major, so they could put one of them in to that play-in game or even against each other in the play-in game.

At this point, the only hope we have is the fact we're 2-0 in Tennessee.
That may well change. I would bet a quarter that Tennessee beats this UK team in Lexington.

Today in the first half Wallace makes a turnover around the 5:00 minute mark. Cal takes him out and UK is without a point guard, so UGA gets a 10 point lead at the half.

Cal starts Wallace in the second half and he ends up getting a paltry 5 points. I know that we had two players out but Cal played too many minutes without a point guard. Cal does not bitch at the refs when Georgia is getting more than double the free throws as Kentucky. He is too worried about penalizing some of his players. I sometimes think that he is on some distant planet and coaches in a damned vacuum.

Enough of the bitching. But I bet that Mississippi State beats the Cats. Sorry to be so negative, but this team is not very good and Cal is in outer space.

There is a really good possibility that Wallace will not come back next year because of the bad coaching he has received this year. Why come back and see the same embarrassment as this year?

They're 1-8 in Quad 1 Games. Their lone Quad 1 win was against an 11-12 Ohio State team; Nance had to make this very challenging shot just to send it into OT.

After the loss to Michigan State yesterday, Ohio State dropped out of the top 50. Meaning, UNC is now 0-8 in Quad 1 games. They're the only P6 school in the top 70 w/o a Quad 1 victory.

After the loss to Michigan State yesterday, Ohio State dropped out of the top 50. Meaning, UNC is now 0-8 in Quad 1 games. They're the only P6 school in the top 70 w/o a Quad 1 victory.
How was clemson not a Q1 win?

How was clemson not a Q1 win?

Homes games are only Q1 if they're against a top 30 team in the NET (top 50 for neutral court and top 75 for road games). The only ACC team that current meets this standard for a home game is Virginia. Duke (31), Miami (34), and NC State (36), are all reasonably closer, however.

The cruel thing about these games, is if Miami wins tonight in Chapel Hill, it will likely become a Q1 game. If Miami loses, it will 100% stay a Q2 game.

Homes games are only Q1 if they're against a top 30 team in the NET (top 50 for neutral court and top 75 for road games). The only ACC team that current meets this standard for a home game is Virginia. Duke (31), Miami (34), and NC State (36), are all reasonably closer, however.

The cruel thing about these games, is if Miami wins tonight in Chapel Hill, it will likely become a Q1 game. If Miami loses, it will 100% stay a Q2 game.
that explains just how stupid the selections are.

I mean it's the same with NC State. They were a quad 1 win until we beat them.

Fun fact- If UK doesn't win a NCAAT game this year it will be the first time in school history a class has graduated without seeing a post season win. (of course COVID happened, but still surprising)
Wow.....

That may well change. I would bet a quarter that Tennessee beats this UK team in Lexington.

Today in the first half Wallace makes a turnover around the 5:00 minute mark. Cal takes him out and UK is without a point guard, so UGA gets a 10 point lead at the half.

Cal starts Wallace in the second half and he ends up getting a paltry 5 points. I know that we had two players out but Cal played too many minutes without a point guard. Cal does not bitch at the refs when Georgia is getting more than double the free throws as Kentucky. He is too worried about penalizing some of his players. I sometimes think that he is on some distant planet and coaches in a damned vacuum.

Enough of the bitching. But I bet that Mississippi State beats the Cats. Sorry to be so negative, but this team is not very good and Cal is in outer space.

There is a really good possibility that Wallace will not come back next year because of the bad coaching he has received this year. Why come back and see the same embarrassment as this year?
Cal's caohing is like going to the grocery store w/out a list----just grabbing shit----Then when ya get home, you realize you forgot to get what you wnet to the grocery for....

Fun fact- If UK doesn't win a NCAAT game this year it will be the first time in school history a class has graduated without seeing a post season win. (of course COVID happened, but still surprising)
That's insane, even with Covid. Duke/UNC/Kentucky in the Nit is going to be electric...

Cal's caohing is like going to the grocery store w/out a list----just grabbing shit----Then when ya get home, you realize you forgot to get what you wnet to the grocery for....
Lmao I did that today, all I needed were paper plates and dishwashing detergent and got everything but those 2 things.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

UNC is now 0-9 in Quad 1 Games.

Miami is really, really good, though. Feel like they have the highest ceiling of all the ACC teams. Good enough to make it to a Final Four, IMO.

I think if they go 4-1 in their next 5 and win one ACCT game they probably get in. That's not an easy stretch though, a couple gimmes but 3 tough games in there.

Not sure how soft the back end of the bubble is though.

Well UNC is out
For now. Win at State and beat Virginia at home and the Heels are nearly a lock to be in. Hell, beat State this weekend and chances are they are back in for the time being. The Virginia game would just guarantee it.

For now. Win at State and beat Virginia at home and the Heels are nearly a lock to be in. Hell, beat State this weekend and chances are they are back in for the time being. The Virginia game would just guarantee it.
They arent doing either of those.

UNC should decline the NIT invite but Hubert will talk about how much of an honor it is or something like that.
I believe the decision to accept/decline has to be made at the beginning of the year.

I hate that this makes me sad. I am actually down about Blue bloods being down. I thought I would love it but it hurts the sports. I couldn't give 2 sh**s about purdue, houston and or any other jabroni program

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We'll hang a banner.
Y'all hung them for less. ;)

This could be the first year in a while where NIT was the bigger tournament. Curious to see the ratings for the top games compared to each other. UK vs Duke vs UNC would probably draw a rating close if not more than the Final Four.

All three were involved in the top 6 highest-rated games in Jan.
3 of Top 5 in Feb so far. Granted KUvs UK and UNC vs Duke are two. UK and Florida was the other one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT