ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs UGA gamethread

UNC was blown out by a good team (MSU) and beat at home by a not good team (Wofford) and remain ranked ahead of us. Both of our losses were neutral court against decent teams
Play a true road & stop crying. Yes, UNC has a bad loss but UK doesn’t have any quality wins.

Would you say they are decent?
I think so. They have some good players. Some good athletes. Personally I think they're a NCAAT team. But what I think is irrelevant. Your brethren, and the majority I may add, called them bad...terrible...pitiful. So I was just pointing that out.

Yelling? No, that's not the case here.
I get it, Borden is an actual official and the rest of us are obviously mouth breathing idiots that can't tell a good call from a bad call apparently.

But here's the deal, I'm not the only one saying it. I'm also allowed to have my own opinion and in MY opinion I feel some of these officials need better training and I feel like there should be some accountability.
I can't believe anyone can actually defend this call. You have to be joking.
http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/Officials/John_Higgins.gif
I didn't defend the call. I gave you a reason on WHY I could see a foul being called. Watch the clip w/o bias. Look at the UK players right hand. He does give a subtle "push" to the small of the back. Was it so bad that it caused the UConn player to fall? Probably not. But as an official you are TRAINED to protect the dribbler/ball handler. Meaning,no matter how light the contact is,if inyour judgement it causes said player to lose the ball, fall, go OOB, etc,etc....then call a foul. See here is the thing you do not understand. Officials do not have the luxury of seeing what you see. We don't have 25 different angles. Or super slo-mo camera's. We have to make a call, or no call, in a split second. ANother thing is the view. I've always said the fans who are 10 rows up or more, have the best view----And they do. From that view point, you can see the entire floor. That's not the case when you're a floor level.

No you do not have to be an official to see a bad call. BUT........A lot of calls you think are bad aredue to the fact of not understanding the rules, and the criteria that go with them.

My thought on the Higgins call in the FF? Well, I think it was a bad call. But unfortunately for Higgins, he didn't have the benefit of watching the play 56 times, in slow motion, before deciding what to call.

The charge call, as I already said, I felt was bad; Though I could argue it looked as if Gabriel traveled...:D

The rest of us are mouth breathing idiots? Where did I say that? You of course can have an opinion. If you just want to say there needs to be some system of ref accountability, just say that; many of us would agree to some extent. But you were the one who went with these giant dramatic statements about no refs ever being able to see flopping, and you being better at it than any ref, and that Borden is just whining, and all this other nonsense. Just make your point, man, and leave the histrionics out of it
You know, I like you as a poster on here. I like a lot of the things you have to say, but don't tell me how I need to post.
I'm not posting in caps, so I don't know where you're getting that I'm yelling or being dramatic.
I may have gone too far in saying that ALL college officials need more training and that I could step right in and do better (I actually never said that, I meant with the same amount of training, I feel like I could do a better job), but there is no way in hell that Boatright flop is a foul in any universe. I can't believe anyone would try to justify that call.

Sure, fine. I agree that it was a terrible flop. That said, I CAN imagine how the ref could have flubbed the call. Not that he was RIGHT to flub it at all; I just get how it could have happened, same way as if there was a driver who drove around with their parking brake on after getting really bad news or something... I get their mind was on something else, although it wasn't the right thing to do.

Okay, issue done, good stuff.

I didn't defend the call. I gave you a reason on WHY I could see a foul being called. Watch the clip w/o bias. Look at the UK players right hand. He does give a subtle "push" to the small of the back. Was it so bad that it caused the UConn player to fall? Probably not. But as an official you are TRAINED to protect the dribbler/ball handler. Meaning,no matter how light the contact is,if inyour judgement it causes said player to lose the ball, fall, go OOB, etc,etc....then call a foul. See here is the thing you do not understand. Officials do not have the luxury of seeing what you see. We don't have 25 different angles. Or super slo-mo camera's. We have to make a call, or no call, in a split second. ANother thing is the view. I've always said the fans who are 10 rows up or more, have the best view----And they do. From that view point, you can see the entire floor. That's not the case when you're a floor level.

No you do not have to be an official to see a bad call. BUT........A lot of calls you think are bad aredue to the fact of not understanding the rules, and the criteria that go with them.

My thought on the Higgins call in the FF? Well, I think it was a bad call. But unfortunately for Higgins, he didn't have the benefit of watching the play 56 times, in slow motion, before deciding what to call.

The charge call, as I already said, I felt was bad; Though I could argue it looked as if Gabriel traveled...:D
I never looked at it from multiple angles, I looked at it from the camera shot that is right behind the official.
Honestly, I didn't think there was a way anyone could defend that call, I still don't, but I can understand why you would try.
I just think there needs to be more training and accountability. That's all, I'm not asking for too much there and I'm not intending to insult anyone.

But while I have you here, I have 1 thing I would like to question. Again, I've never been in this position, so I don't know. But, do you feel that officials are affected by home crowds?
Everyone feels like other teams/programs get home cooking and it certainly seems to me like refs sometimes go along with the crowd when making some calls. I've seen UK get the benefit at Rupp and I've felt it was something the crowd affected.
I also see it on the road, especially in conference play. In the SEC, UK goes on the road and it's T-Shirt night combined with some sort of white out and the crowd is all fired up. Then Pat Adams makes a call and acts like he just bowled the last strike in a 300 game as he's staring down a player.
I guess it's human nature to go with the flow as it can't be easy to make a call that's going to piss off the home crowd, but I am interested to see what you have to say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT