ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs UGA gamethread

Bailed out big time at the end of the half. I'll take it.

27-20 with a min to go ends up being 27-26 bc of ft's. Half of Uk's points is from FREE THROWS. And UGA is still up.

The diff between Friday and now is that Uk still wouldve won friday by double digits.

UGA could very well be up double digits in this game if it wasnt for crap.

Pretty god awful rock fight in the first half.

Poor Fox, dude always seems to push his luck with stripes on the road.

UKs frontline is way too ****ing soft.

Quade Green is going to be a 3-4 year player at UK and possibly an AA when hes a junior or senior which is very odd for Cal at UK.

This Kentucky team is so unskilled it’s painful to watch. Just a bunch of athletes who play basketball.

haters-gonna-hate-coach-cal.jpg

27-20 with a min to go ends up being 27-26 bc of ft's. Half of Uk's points is from FREE THROWS. And UGA is still up.

The diff between Friday and now is that Uk still wouldve won friday by double digits.

Lulz where are you when UK is getting screwed? Ahh that's right that double standard. UK blows and Y'all still got blown out so kindly shut the hell up.

You want some ****ing cheese with that whine?

You guys ever seen "The Greatest Game Ever Played", cause this ain't it.

LOL at UL letting us drop 90 on em.

Bad game for UK but at least they're all playing with energy for the most part. Just not a very good team right now.

I do love me some SGA though, my favorite player by far on this team. Really hope we get him back next year.

I dont know but college basketball isnt fun watching teams go to the line every 2nd half possession. They need to go to quarters or something to end these FT contests masquerading asgames.

They won't. It'll be why the NBA runs them out of dodge in 2 decades with the d league.

UK gonna survive. This was an atrocious game but they've found their best player in SGA. Need to Knox to wake up now because he's been a no show last two games.

Uk was 17-54 fg and won by 5.
UGA was 23-58.

26 uga fouls, 23 uk

Uk shot 27-38
UGA shot 13-20

This is just me saying, realize Uk, you will not shoot 40 ft's on the road. Plain and simple.

Agree. The FT disparity is absurd.

Yeah, I was more so talking about the absurd number of stoppages.

Perfect way for that game to end, that crew at the monitor while people file out and the commentary signs off.

The fact you dont call a trip, UGA down 3, gets tripped and a no call is hilarious. Go back and watch it. He was clearly tripped. Led to a Uk 3. Ballgame.

Im just saying you aren't shooting 40 ft's on the road...
You realize that is a product of constantly driving the lane, right? Shooting fouls are always (at least) 2 shots (not talking about And-1, obviously). It's not like missing the front end of a 1 and 1. The FT disparity argument always makes me laugh. It's a complete difference in style of play that leads to it. It sounds like you are trying to say those were ghost fouls? Let's see the video proof.

Funny seeing people complaining about the refs. Some say only UK fans do that.

11 fouls on UGA the first half and 10 for UK. Ended with 26 on UGA and 23 on UK.

Both teams had one player foul out.

some do not understand some of the basics on fouls

when you drive and get fouled and do not score you get two shots
when you do score and get fouled you get one shot (UGA got several of these)
when you get fouled and are not trying to score then you get nothing until the seventh foul

i hope my basic info helps some of the UL fans understand something so simple and basic

The fact you dont call a trip, UGA down 3, gets tripped and a no call is hilarious. Go back and watch it. He was clearly tripped. Led to a Uk 3. Ballgame.

Goergia got what they deserved. They do this to themselves every season. Put way too much emphasis on one game, play above their heads and lose and then look mediocre the rest of the way.

I thought Kentucky played harder than Goergia for the most part as well. Goergia didn't work hard enough to get the ball to Maten, who was actually getting calls when he got it in the post. They gave up on him down the stretch though.

Kentucky on the other end kept the ball in the hot hand of SGA. They made sure he was running the offense at the end. Even Knox who is used to playing that role gave it up to SGA on the last few possessions. Unselfishness on Kentucky's part rewarded

Goergia got what they deserved. They do this to themselves every season. Put way too much emphasis on one game, play above their heads and lose and then look mediocre the rest of the way.

I thought Kentucky played harder than Goergia for the most part as well. Goergia didn't work hard enough to get the ball to Maten, who was actually getting calls when he got it in the post. They gave up on him down the stretch though.

Kentucky on the other end kept the ball in the hot hand of SGA. They made sure he was running the offense at the end. Even Knox who is used to playing that role gave it up to SGA on the last few possessions. Unselfishness on Kentucky's part rewarded
Who is Goergia though? :D

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I’m just glad UK got the win. The upcoming schedule seems pretty difficult with at LSU, at top 25 Tennessee, vs top 10 A&M, then at Vanderbilt. Florida and West Virginia lurk later in January as well. So it was a crucial win with January being pretty heavy, SEC is tough this year.

I watched the post game presser. Unlike University 6 players, UGA players didn't cry about the refs. Quentin Snider must read the Louisville homeboard, Zipp and Kerry are rubbing off on him.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT