ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ Gonzaga...

He always has a top two class. Who are you expecting back? Even just losing Tshiebwe would be massive. I’m guessing Wallace is gone too.
Not only those guys . . . We have a kid Thiero who has Gilgeous Alexander and Herro potential. He’s not seeing the floor much.

Pitino recruited just fine at Louisville for awhile. You don’t need to be signing cal type classes to win each year at UK. Pitino was a better recruiter than tubby.
Definitely better than Tubby. Pitino had an eye for potential and was good at developing players and getting the most out of them. But his recruiting at UofL never reached the success he had at UK. And he wasn't hesitant about pulling the reigns in on a star freshman. He restrained Ron Mercer all year, with the exception against Syracuse in the final. But that was all before the one and dones, so it was easier.

With Pitino you always thought you had a chance to win as fan, no matter how far down we got. I never turned a game off. I have a few times with Cal. That 31 pt comeback against LSU with 15 min remaining was something to watch. Wayne Turner abusing Marbury, in the second half, to come back from a 20 pt deficit at Ga Tech.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
He always has a top two class. Who are you expecting back? Even just losing Tshiebwe would be massive. I’m guessing Wallace is gone too.
Wallace will be top 10, so he's gone. He's projected at 6 now. CJ, Collins, Onyenso, Adiero and maybe Livingston have a good chance on returning. Its crowded now and its more crowded next year. Oscar would certainly have a place if he decides to return. Toppin is questionable. Wheeler idk. He'll be fighting for minutes Dillingham who's going to be dynamite. I see some transfers happening.

Definitely better than Tubby. Pitino had an eye for potential and was good at developing players and getting the most out of them. But his recruiting at UofL never reached the success he had at UK. And he wasn't hesitant about pulling the reigns in on a star freshman. He restrained Ron Mercer all year, with the exception against Syracuse in the final. But that was all before the one and dones, so it was easier.

With Pitino you always thought you had a chance to win as fan, no matter how far down we got. I never turned a game off. I have a few times with Cal. That 31 pt comeback against LSU with 15 min remaining was something to watch. Wayne Turner abusing Marbury, in the second half, to come back from a 20 pt deficit at Ga Tech.
Louisville as a school can’t reach t he heights UK can recruiting. Pitino would get a recruiting bump just by being at UK. Pitino is a top 5 coach of all time IMO if he could of stayed out of his own way

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
He beat a lot of teams with those plays and got Peacocked when it mattered. Teams with elite coaching are going to be a problem for UK going forward because he doesn’t have a game plan.
source.gif

There is a guy with two national titles that is still in his 50s living in Philadelphia that is not coaching anywhere right now. Kentucky needs to make an offer he can’t refuse. 15-20 million a year. I am being serious. He has been the best coach in the game over the last 6-7 years
He doesn't give a shit about money. He already said no to Kentucky once in the past.

@Bert Higginbotha

How ya like Gonzaga now, Bert? 🤣
You are so much like a third grader.

I don't recall bragging about UK beating the Zags. Do you?

However, their athletic program does not compare to Kentucky's. Hell they don't even have a football team. Last night they set a record attendance at that facility and it was a paltry 12,000 plus. UK had that attendance for basketball in 1950.

GEEZE.

Based on the way that Kentucky is currently playing there are more losses in the near future. Our shooters that we did not have last year were supposed to be on this team and hell they are worse than last years team. UK shot 39% from the field and most were good shots, the UK guys can't shoot.

But you do need to grow up and quit following people around and rubbing in losses. Too immature for grow ups.

You are so much like a third grader.

I don't recall bragging about UK beating the Zags. Do you?

However, their athletic program does not compare to Kentucky's. Hell they don't even have a football team. Last night they set a record attendance at that facility and it was a paltry 12,000 plus. UK had that attendance for basketball in 1950.

GEEZE.

Based on the way that Kentucky is currently playing there are more losses in the near future. Our shooters that we did not have last year were supposed to be on this team and hell they are worse than last years team. UK shot 39% from the field and most were good shots, the UK guys can't shoot.

But you do need to grow up and quit following people around and rubbing in losses. Too immature for grow ups.

🤣

You're the least mature poster here, Bert. After AUHoosier that is. Not sure which of you is more lacking in self-awareness. And did you forget that you clowns still bring up a regular season win vs KU that happened almost a year ago? 🤣

Obviously you haven't bragged about beating Gonzaga, because you hadn't played them in 20 years. You have disrespected their program incessantly though.

Last edited:
🤣

You're the least mature poster here, Bert. After AUHoosier that is. Not sure which of you is more lacking in self-awareness. And did you forget that you clowns still bring up a regular season win vs KU that happened almost a year ago? 🤣

Obviously you haven't bragged about beating Gonzaga, because you hadn't played them in 20 years. You have disrespected their program incessantly though.
I have never disrespected Gonzaga, I simply don't see them as a program worthy of much respect. Gonzaga recently has got on the basketball map from a weak conference, so why would UK have been playing them the last 20 years? Now UK has started a series with them because they have elevated their program. So what is your problem?

So now Kentucky has played Gonzaga twice and Kansas has only played them once. So why has Kentucky disrespected the Zags and Kansas hasn't? You are such a third grader! Your straw man arguments are so base and stupid that I don't know why I still engage you.

Last night was UK's second meeting with Gonzaga ever. The first one was in Hawaii in a tourney, geeze. But we know that Kansas always plays the down trodden and wants to bring them up. So Kansas two years ago were to scheduled a series with the Zags beginning next month; however, the Zags are not on the Kansas schedule, so maybe Kansas is the one disrespecting the Zags and not Kentucky. Why did Kansas fall out of the series?

I hope your Little 8 Conference lets the Zags in. It will sure improve the stature of Kansas football. :D

I have never disrespected Gonzaga, I simply don't see them as a program worthy of much respect.

look-seriosuly.gif

Btw, I said YOU disrespected Gonzaga. Not Kentucky.

So who do you think deserves more respect over the last 5-6 years....Kentucky or Gonzaga?

I have never disrespected Gonzaga, I simply don't see them as a program worthy of much respect. Gonzaga recently has got on the basketball map from a weak conference, so why would UK have been playing them the last 20 years? Now UK has started a series with them because they have elevated their program. So what is your problem?

So now Kentucky has played Gonzaga twice and Kansas has only played them once. So why has Kentucky disrespected the Zags and Kansas hasn't? You are such a third grader! Your straw man arguments are so base and stupid that I don't know why I still engage you.

Last night was UK's second meeting with Gonzaga ever. The first one was in Hawaii in a tourney, geeze. But we know that Kansas always plays the down trodden and wants to bring them up. So Kansas two years ago were to scheduled a series with the Zags beginning next month; however, the Zags are not on the Kansas schedule, so maybe Kansas is the one disrespecting the Zags and not Kentucky. Why did Kansas fall out of the series?

I hope your Little 8 Conference lets the Zags in. It will sure improve the stature of Kansas football. :D
Hmm, that’s was disrespectful

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There goes your time frame. Geeze it is a good thing you are not a lawyer.

Anyway Kentucky is the answer.

Is this what you tell the Kentucky fans reaching for the pitchforks to run off Cal? Quit timeframing! 😂

Apparently recent success, or lack thereof, matters to the rest of your fanbase. Take it up with them. And the fact that you can't admit that Gonzaga has been better than Kentucky shows us who really has a third grade mentality. Sad.

Is this what you tell the Kentucky fans reaching for the pitchforks to run off Cal? Quit timeframing! 😂

Apparently recent success, or lack thereof, matters to the rest of your fanbase. Take it up with them. And the fact that you can't admit that Gonzaga has been better than Kentucky shows us who really has a third grade mentality. Sad.
I don't try to reason with a third grader!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT