ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ Gonzaga...

It just stinks losing. I hate it for the fans, but I really hate for the players and coaching staff.
Just tough to look forward to a game and lose.
Congrats to Gonzaga. They put the wood to us.
Faulting UK's players/staff takes away from the great job they did.
Better team and staff.

IMO, recruiting and being a great humanitarian is the only reason Cal's still at UK.

He's got to start winning ....more.

Yes.

Play 1 is : "GOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Play 2 is: "REBOUND!...... GOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

They beat UNC by 30 last year running those plays.

He beat a lot of teams with those plays and got Peacocked when it mattered. Teams with elite coaching are going to be a problem for UK going forward because he doesn’t have a game plan.

Cal is washed. This team should be way better than it is. What can you do.

I think the common theory is he hangs it up after coaching Dejaun Wagner’s son. Here’s hoping. I don’t dislike him, he had a nice run. It’s been over for a while.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Cal is washed. This team should be way better than it is. What can you do.

I think the common theory is he hangs it up after coaching Dejaun Wagner’s son. Here’s hoping. I don’t dislike him, he had a nice run. It’s been over for a while.

I agree 100%. He’s (we!) are a victim to his stubbornness. He’s Jim Jones-ing our program.

XU4GMAOPXEL2SDFQDSCIVHTDDM.jpg

i’m still not sold on beard. but i’d take him over Cal right now.

i’m still not sold on beard. but i’d take him over Cal right now.
Not sure who’d be a decent replacement, but I know that any high school coach can lose the nationally televised games at the same pace - and for a lot less money.

Even if Kentucky were to win the national title, you should be reminded daily of that time Gonzaga stomped a mud hole in your asses. 😆
To me this isn’t even about GU . . .and credit to them . . . our guys couldn’t have looked less interested. This was an INTERNAL failing.

I know you UK fans are hurting and it even has me hurting. This is SEC and SEC is family. Just want you UK fans to know the Vols got your back! I would have thought that preseason spanking we gave the Zags would have taught them a lesson, but apparently not. Somebody is going to pay and it looks like Kansas has drawn the short straw.

Nothing personal Jaw hawks. The Vols like birds and even blue ones, but family comes first!

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08
If Cal doesn't have acceptable post season success this year and especially next, his days coaching UK is over. BBN will get vicious lol. Cal has a lot to prove and so far he's failing. Great 1st 5 years, Losing the way they did to MSU, I get that, but the first half last night, I'm scratching my head. So much broken that needs to be fixed.

Not sure who’d be a decent replacement, but I know that any high school coach can lose the nationally televised games at the same pace - and for a lot less money.

But there’s also the risk of returning to the Tubby days of bitching about recruiting every year. 😆

I know you UK fans are hurting and it even has me hurting. This is SEC and SEC is family. Just want you UK fans to know the Vols got your back! I would have thought that preseason spanking we gave the Zags would have taught them a lesson, but apparently not. Somebody is going to pay and it looks like Kansas has drawn the short straw.

Nothing personal Jaw hawks. The Vols like birds and even blue ones, but family comes first!
At first I was confused by these posts you’ve been making. Then I remembered that Tennessee’s in the Battle of Atlantis. Both teams have to win a couple first though.

You want that game bad, don’t you?:cool:

At first I was confused by these posts you’ve been making. Then I remembered that Tennessee’s in the Battle of Atlantis. Both teams have to win a couple first though.

You want that game bad, don’t you?:cool:
First off, we will have to beat up your Butler. I hate having to discipline the help, but it is what it is. Furthermore, I like Kansas a lot. Y'all make the board fun!. However, when I sit here thinking of little Random and Kev sobbing their eyes out, it just makes me furious.

It's nothing personal, it's business, SEC business, which is family business.

If Cal doesn't have acceptable post season success this year and especially next, his days coaching UK is over. BBN will get vicious lol. Cal has a lot to prove and so far he's failing. Great 1st 5 years, Losing the way they did to MSU, I get that, but the first half last night, I'm scratching my head. So much broken that needs to be fixed.

I agree. UK has to make it to the second weekend this year IMO to keep the noise at a bearable setting. Next year is the key with the horses you guys got coming in has to be a FF at the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
It’s a risk UNC and Duke had to face too. Someday it will be KU’s turn.
Every coach will eventually be replaced, but we’re talking about forceful replacement.

Besides, KU’s recruiting has already been Tubbyesque for years.

There is a guy with two national titles that is still in his 50s living in Philadelphia that is not coaching anywhere right now. Kentucky needs to make an offer he can’t refuse. 15-20 million a year. I am being serious. He has been the best coach in the game over the last 6-7 years

I agree. UK has to make it to the second weekend this year IMO to keep the noise at a bearable setting. Next year is the key with the horses you guys got coming in has to be a
FF at the least.
Shouldn’t this be the “all in” year? They got last year’s NPOY to return, plus their SR PG, some good transfers and a good freshman class.

Reactions: AWilli6995
There is a guy with two national titles that is still in his 50s living in Philadelphia that is not coaching anywhere right now. Kentucky needs to make an offer he can’t refuse. 15-20 million a year. I am being serious. He has been the best coach in the game over the last 6-7 years
Didn’t think this one through, did you?

Not sure what to say at this point that hasn’t been said. We have more talent than 99.9 percent of teams in the country but our coach gets killed by basically everyone when it comes to running actual sets. Getting people in the right spot. Making sure her have efficient line ups on the court. I could go on and on. It is what it is at this point. Cal isn’t changing, Kentucky probably won’t go far in the tournament this year. We need overwhelming talent to even be a threat.

Next year we would have that but how can you trust Cal at this point.

Do you think he'd wanna go to a pressure cooker like UK? I'm sure he'll listen but there's got to be a reason he left Villanova.

Do you think he'd wanna go to a pressure cooker like UK? I'm sure he'll listen but there's got to be a reason he left Villanova.
He is getting a year off. We will see if those competitive juices start flowing again. Kentucky can make the same offer to Mark Few also.

Of course I did. Unlike your poor ass mid major conference school. Kentucky is in the SEC and has the ability financial strength to to make a ridiculous offer.

Yet you call that “poor ass mid major conference school” pathetic for not having more titles. Makes sense!

But yeah….let’s can him and pay another guy 10-12 mil/year. No sweat. 🤣

Oh, and lose all those top 10 recruits coming in next year too.

Plus, I’m sure that Jay Wright, who walked away from a great job at the height of his game to spend more time with his family, has had enough family time by now.

Good call!

Shouldn’t this be the “all in” year? They got last year’s NPOY to return, plus their SR PG, some good transfers and a good freshman class.
I originally thought this but with the recruiting class he has, it'll be after that. He'll have no excuses if he fails.

Never! He shouldn't have left and he knows it. Let him live with him blowing it. Before he took the UoL job, he had feelers at UK. The program said no dice, will not happen. He couldn't grovel enough. You can't go back home lol
Oh I know you won’t hire him now. He should have stayed at UK. Would be held the in the same breath as coach K had he never left. Pitino is a great coach though

Cal will be retained by UK in another position. I could see him in the AD position or possibly a new position higher than the AD. Cal is a great negotiater. He gets things done. Just can't adapt his coaching for one reason or another.

Oh I know you won’t hire him now. He should have stayed at UK. Would be held the in the same breath as coach K had he never left. Pitino is a great coach though
I have no doubt about that. The man can coach. Pitino hated recruiting and his huge ego only let the money talk. Billy D was the star recruiter at UK.

I have no doubt about that. The man can coach. Pitino hated recruiting and his huge ego only let the money talk. Billy D was the star recruiter at UK.
Pitino recruited just fine at Louisville for awhile. You don’t need to be signing cal type classes to win each year at UK. Pitino was a better recruiter than tubby.

I originally thought this but with the recruiting class he has, it'll be after that. He'll have no excuses if he fails.
He always has a top two class. Who are you expecting back? Even just losing Tshiebwe would be massive. I’m guessing Wallace is gone too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT