ADVERTISEMENT

UK AD Barnhart named Chair of NCAA basketball committee for '20-21

What list? Remind me.

When you're getting your ass kicked on here, as has been the case all week, you start flailing to get out of it. I don't remember which one of your deflective posts you're referring to.

UK triggers you, they rustle you and you can't stand the fact that UK fans aren't triggered by KU in any way.

Why are you so miserable? Do you need someone to talk to?

Show me on the doll where UK touched you.

Getting my ass kicked all week? By you? I genuinely laughed. Thanks.

What list? The one I asked for multiple times before you ran away. Remember? You LOL’d at the suggestion that KU would have won 11 of 14 in the SEC. So you should be able to back it up with a list, right?

Getting my ass kicked all week? By you? I genuinely laughed. Thanks.

What list? The one I asked for multiple times before you ran away. Remember? You LOL’d at the suggestion that KU would have won 11 of 14 in the SEC. So you should be able to back it up with a list, right?
Haha, laughing. Yeah, that's what you were doing.

We can play pretend all day long, talking about how KU would do in other leagues… .orrrrr, we could point to the records in the NCAAT. After all, that's what each team is playing for, right?. Except, KU has averaged a much higher seed than UK has, yet, the results aren't as good.

Interesting.

Haha, laughing. Yeah, that's what you were doing.

We can play pretend all day long, talking about how KU would do in other leagues… .orrrrr, we could point to the records in the NCAAT. After all, that's what each team is playing for, right?. Except, KU has averaged a much higher seed than UK has, yet, the results aren't as good.

Interesting.

So I take that as a no. That’s what I thought. You know that you can’t argue in favor of low-ranked teams vs top 5-10 KU teams without homering it pretty hard. 11 of 14. The real question is: would an SEC team have been able to tie in each of the 4 years in which there was a co-champ? Doubtful.

As for the NCAAT, I’ll remind you that KU is 1 or 2 in tourney wins this century and Self has more than Kentucky, despite a couple first round flameouts. Apparently, to you, it’s the sign of a better program to miss the tourney entirely?

Last edited:
So I take that as a no. That’s what I thought. You know that you can’t argue in favor of low-ranked teams vs top 5-10 KU teams without homering it pretty hard. 11 of 14. The real question is: would an SEC team have been able to tie in each of the 4 years in which there was a co-champ? Doubtful.

As for the NCAAT, I’ll remind you that KU is 1 or 2 in tourney wins this century and Self has more than Kentucky, despite a couple first round flameouts. Apparently, to you, it’s the sign of a better program to miss the tourney entirely?
It's funny how you bring up the NIT year, because, since Calipari took over at UK, he has the most regular season AND tournament wins, even though they completely missed the tournament in 2013.

So why is that? How did that happen? KU has had much better seeds during this time period, yet the results aren't as good. Why? They dominated a "much better conference", right?

The one place where comparisons can be made is NCAAT results and it's a fact that UK, despite missing the tournament in 2013 altogether, has more tournament wins than KU, who, according to you, did something no other program can do.

IMO, if that was the case, they should have more tournament wins (better seeds) than anyone, especially a program that plays mostly freshmen.

Again, you can shoot this down all you want, but in my opinion, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan State and UNC could have won the BIG12 that many years in a row. Yeah, all of those schools had down years where they didn't win their conference, but, with the exception of Gonzaga, they play in much better conferences. So their conferences had something to do with their poor records in those down years.

Then you have to consider the fact that KU lost to 4 mid majors in the first weekend of the tournament after dominating the BIG12. So in my opinion, they weren't that good and were simply hiding in the BIG12 beating up on average teams. If KU played in the BIG12 or the ACC those years, they would not have as many conference wins.

You certainly don't like that opinion, I know, but you refuse to acknowledge tournament results and since there is no way to know how each team would perform in each conference, this is really the only way to put it. We have to use the facts that we have.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It's funny how you bring up the NIT year, because, since Calipari took over at UK, he has the most regular season AND tournament wins, even though they completely missed the tournament in 2013.

So why is that? How did that happen? KU has had much better seeds during this time period, yet the results aren't as good. Why? They dominated a "much better conference", right?

The one place where comparisons can be made is NCAAT results and it's a fact that UK, despite missing the tournament in 2013 altogether, has more tournament wins than KU, who, according to you, did something no other program can do.

IMO, if that was the case, they should have more tournament wins (better seeds) than anyone, especially a program that plays mostly freshmen.

Again, you can shoot this down all you want, but in my opinion, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan State and UNC could have won the BIG12 that many years in a row. Yeah, all of those schools had down years where they didn't win their conference, but, with the exception of Gonzaga, they play in much better conferences. So their conferences had something to do with their poor records in those down years.

Then you have to consider the fact that KU lost to 4 mid majors in the first weekend of the tournament after dominating the BIG12. So in my opinion, they weren't that good and were simply hiding in the BIG12 beating up on average teams. If KU played in the BIG12 or the ACC those years, they would not have as many conference wins.

You certainly don't like that opinion, I know, but you refuse to acknowledge tournament results and since there is no way to know how each team would perform in each conference, this is really the only way to put it. We have to use the facts that we have.

Jesus....are you on autopilot now too? That’s all we need. Another kl. You’re literally a carbon copy at this point.

I’ve addressed all of this about six times now. You apparently have the memory of a goldfish.

In short, no, you can’t rationally argue that any other program could have matched the streak. I’ve given specific examples as to why.

You also can’t rationally argue that an SEC team could have finished higher than KU more than 3 times out of 14. If you think otherwise, name them.

Now you’re saying that they should have more tourney wins than anyone else. Firstly, they were first in tourney wins this century before getting passed by UNC a few years back. 2nd ain’t so far from first, if you hadn’t noticed.

2nd, why should they be expected to have the most? We both rank the ACC and Big 10 higher than the B12, in general. Why should winning a bunch of consecutive league titles (while tying 4 times) in the 3rd-best conference equate to more tourney wins than everyone from those leagues? Or a Kentucky team that has had twice as many elite players as everyone else (other than possibly Duke)? Makes zero sense. Like most of your arguments.

Btw, I find it funny that a quarter of tourney losses in the Cal era were to current B12 teams. One mowed down your loaded Wall team with ease; another was a mediocre 9 seed that should’ve been handled easily by mighty Kentucky. By your logic, anyway.

I’m still curious as to how you rationalize all those first weekend losses by the GOAT, who plays in the best league. Or how you’ve determined that Duke has “more than held their own” while KU has “floundered,” despite KU having four more tourney wins during the Self era. Makes sense.

Also, since you’ve now shifted the goalposts solely to tourney performance...how can you argue that a Gonzaga team that has reached the final four once in their entire history could have equaled the performance (streak) of a team that averages one every four years?

But the real question remains: why do you continue to bash something that your team couldn’t have come close to accomplishing?

Have you ever made a sensible argument?

Last edited:
Jesus....are you on autopilot now too? That’s all we need. Another kl. You’re literally a carbon copy at this point.

I’ve addressed all of this about six times now. You apparently have the memory of a goldfish.

In short, no, you can’t rationally argue that any other program could have matched the streak. I’ve given specific examples as to why.

You also can’t rationally argue that an SEC team could have finished higher than KU more than 3 times out of 14. If you think otherwise, name them.

Now you’re saying that they should have more tourney wins than anyone else. Firstly, they were first in tourney wins this century before getting passed by UNC a few years back. 2nd ain’t so far from first, if you hadn’t noticed.

2nd, why should they be expected to have the most? We both rank the ACC and Big 10 higher than the B12, in general. Why should winning a bunch of consecutive league titles (while tying 4 times) in the 3rd-best conference equate to more tourney wins than everyone from those leagues? Or a Kentucky team that has had twice as many elite players as everyone else (other than possibly Duke)? Makes zero sense. Like most of your arguments.

Btw, I find it funny that a quarter of tourney losses in the Cal era were to current B12 teams. One mowed down your loaded Wall team with ease; another was a mediocre 9 seed that should’ve been handled easily by mighty Kentucky. By your logic, anyway.

I’m still curious as to how you rationalize all those first weekend losses by the GOAT, who plays in the best league. Or how you’ve determined that Duke has “more than held their own” while KU has “floundered,” despite KU having four more tourney wins during the Self era. Makes sense.

Also, since you’ve now shifted the goalposts solely to tourney performance...how can you argue that a Gonzaga team that has reached the final four once in their entire history could have equaled the performance (streak) of a team that averages one every four years?

But the real question remains: why do you continue to bash something that your team couldn’t have come close to accomplishing?

Have you ever made a sensible argument?
Newsflash, we've addressed all of this crap about 6 times now. You act like you're the only one repeating yourself.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the fact that Duke lost to a couple of mid majors, as if that matters in this. KU has shown that they can dominate the BIG12, then lose to a mid major… .4 times. So why couldn't duke do the same thing?

Gonzaga? Why does it matter that they've only been to 1 final four? This isn't about final fours.

I'm not sure why you brought up SEC schools in this, we already agreed that no SEC school could have won 14 straight BIG12 titles, still doesn't mean the SEC isn’t a tougher league to win than the BIG12 (see below)

Bottom line, when 1 team dominates a conference for that long, yet has faltered in the tournament time and time again, it tells you that the conference really wasn't all that good.

So now you're going to claim WVa's win over UK in 2010 as a BIG12 victory over UK??? I thought you were better than this. That's a garbage take and laughable. You're using all of your idiocy now. They were part of the old BIG East. Give it up.

Losing to Kansas State is still better than losing to Bradley, Bucknell, Wichita State and Northern Iowa.

Again, I'm not bashing what KU did, winning 14 straight in any conference is really impressive. I'm going to say that half of it is KU being consistently good, but the other half of it is the BIG12 has been loaded with consistently average teams for a long time. But now you have a true challenger in that league. Oklahoma was a one shot Johnny that gave KU a scare a few years back, but Texas Tech is about to show you KU fans what it's like to have another program that seriously challenges for the league title. Something the SEC has on a constant basis. Whether it be Florida, Tennessee or Auburn, there is always a legit challenger, or two, in the SEC.

You know, one thing we haven't touched on is that there are only 10 teams in the BIG12. They play a true round robin, as long as you win your home games, you'll most likely win the league.

The SEC has 14 teams and there is no round robin. You might get stuck playing all the best teams on the road with no return trip. Yeah, KU ain't winning the SEC even 8 years straight in that scenario.

I still can't believe you are claiming 2010 West Virginia as a BIG12 win. Wow.

It's kind of nuts how drunk I was. I'm sure Hawkit, Bert, Borden has heard me drunker than Jimbo, Dude but it's pretty close.
I drank a whole 6 pack on Saturday. That’s the most I’ve had at one time since March.

A whole 6 pack! Far cry from the days when a 6 pack was warmup before going out...

I drank a whole 6 pack on Saturday. That’s the most I’ve had at one time since March.

A whole 6 pack! Far cry from the days when a 6 pack was warmup before going out...
I was pretty past a six pack. True story, I took our commuter car later that day and tried to jump it. It's just an old supercharged cobalt. I didn't get any air but I did manage to miss everything in the field. The wife just left in it to for the 42 mile commute. There was 4 of us here, and we knocked out at least a gallon of bourbon. My wife was not happy. It' was ok after we all woke up and pieced together what happened. The only think that remains a mystery is my paintings from my upstairs is now downstairs and vice versa. Plus none are centered.

Last edited:
An average night for me used to be about four 32 ounce schooners + 3-6 double jack and cokes + about 5 shots. That was like a Tuesday for me. I used to have a lot of fun drinking.
That seems about right. I also have 4-6 32 ounce. Saturday Morning I was at least a half a gallon of KSB. I passed out and woke up Sunday, and my living room, including my painting, were all re-arranged. I know who did it, but i's funny they did it while my wife was also asleep. 3 other guys.

Oh for the days we still had good livers!

I would love to have a six pack with you Schooner. We would have fun.

Newsflash, we've addressed all of this crap about 6 times now. You act like you're the only one repeating yourself.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the fact that Duke lost to a couple of mid majors, as if that matters in this. KU has shown that they can dominate the BIG12, then lose to a mid major… .4 times. So why couldn't duke do the same thing?

Gonzaga? Why does it matter that they've only been to 1 final four? This isn't about final fours.

I'm not sure why you brought up SEC schools in this, we already agreed that no SEC school could have won 14 straight BIG12 titles, still doesn't mean the SEC isn’t a tougher league to win than the BIG12 (see below)

Bottom line, when 1 team dominates a conference for that long, yet has faltered in the tournament time and time again, it tells you that the conference really wasn't all that good.

So now you're going to claim WVa's win over UK in 2010 as a BIG12 victory over UK??? I thought you were better than this. That's a garbage take and laughable. You're using all of your idiocy now. They were part of the old BIG East. Give it up.

Losing to Kansas State is still better than losing to Bradley, Bucknell, Wichita State and Northern Iowa.

Again, I'm not bashing what KU did, winning 14 straight in any conference is really impressive. I'm going to say that half of it is KU being consistently good, but the other half of it is the BIG12 has been loaded with consistently average teams for a long time. But now you have a true challenger in that league. Oklahoma was a one shot Johnny that gave KU a scare a few years back, but Texas Tech is about to show you KU fans what it's like to have another program that seriously challenges for the league title. Something the SEC has on a constant basis. Whether it be Florida, Tennessee or Auburn, there is always a legit challenger, or two, in the SEC.

You know, one thing we haven't touched on is that there are only 10 teams in the BIG12. They play a true round robin, as long as you win your home games, you'll most likely win the league.

The SEC has 14 teams and there is no round robin. You might get stuck playing all the best teams on the road with no return trip. Yeah, KU ain't winning the SEC even 8 years straight in that scenario.

I still can't believe you are claiming 2010 West Virginia as a BIG12 win. Wow.

WVU moved to the B12 a few years later and has played KU 2-3 times/year since. Your argument revolves around the competition KU has faced throughout the streak. See the relevance?

A true round robin also means that you don't dodge anyone, and you play all the top teams on the road.

Not that it's relevant, but that K-State team was not even close to the level of that Wichita St team. Or Northern Iowa. They were a mediocre 9 seed that didn't have by far their best player for that game. They were only there because UMBC happened.

I'm going to say that half of it is KU being consistently good, but the other half of it is the BIG12 has been loaded with consistently average teams for a long time. But now you have a true challenger in that league. Oklahoma was a one shot Johnny that gave KU a scare a few years back, but Texas Tech is about to show you KU fans what it's like to have another program that seriously challenges for the league title. Something the SEC has on a constant basis. Whether it be Florida, Tennessee or Auburn, there is always a legit challenger, or two, in the SEC.

Do you read anything that I post? I've already debunked this ridiculous "opinion" multiple times. Again...the Big 12 has had almost three times as many top 10 teams (other than KU) than the SEC going back to 2003, which is the last year listed on ESPN. And far more top 25 teams. The SEC had one--count it, ONE--top 10 team for a decade. Does that mean anything to you? It does to me. It means that your idea that the SEC "always has a legit challenger or two" while the B12 has a "one shot Johnny" once in awhile is laughably wrong. But when has that ever stopped you? You're a robot on autopilot.

As for Duke...I'll explain for the third time or so why they couldn't have matched the streak. In 2007, they were unranked and finished 6th in the ACC at 8-8. This wasn't a great year for the ACC. It included two ranked teams, a top 10 UNC and #18 Maryland. They would not have finished ahead of top 10 Texas A&M or Durant's Texas team. Just one example. They likely wouldn't have done it in another season or two either.

WVU moved to the B12 a few years later and has played KU 2-3 times/year since. Your argument revolves around the competition KU has faced throughout the streak. See the relevance?

A true round robin also means that you don't dodge anyone, and you play all the top teams on the road.

Not that it's relevant, but that K-State team was not even close to the level of that Wichita St team. Or Northern Iowa. They were a mediocre 9 seed that didn't have by far their best player for that game. They were only there because UMBC happened.

Do you read anything that I post? I've already debunked this ridiculous "opinion" multiple times. Again...the Big 12 has had almost three times as many top 10 teams (other than KU) than the SEC going back to 2003, which is the last year listed on ESPN. And far more top 25 teams. The SEC had one--count it, ONE--top 10 team for a decade. Does that mean anything to you? It does to me. It means that your idea that the SEC "always has a legit challenger or two" while the B12 has a "one shot Johnny" once in awhile is laughably wrong. But when has that ever stopped you? You're a robot on autopilot.

As for Duke...I'll explain for the third time or so why they couldn't have matched the streak. In 2007, they were unranked and finished 6th in the ACC at 8-8. This wasn't a great year for the ACC. It included two ranked teams, a top 10 UNC and #18 Maryland. They would not have finished ahead of top 10 Texas A&M or Durant's Texas team. Just one example. They likely wouldn't have done it in another season or two either.
So you're going to continue on with saying the 2010 West Virginia win over UK is a BIG12 over SEC victory and your reasoning is that "they joined the BIG12 a few years later"???

News flash, the players on that WVA team played their entire careers prior to that game, in the BIG East. So tell me, how in the hell does joining the BIG12 several year later benefit that 2010 WVa team? This should he good.

Yeah, KU has played WVa several times since 2010, but so has UK. I believe UK and WVa have met twice more in the NCAAT (2011 and 2015) and once in Morgantown 2 years ago. UK beat them all 3 times, so what's your point?

In my opinion, a true round robin makes it easier to win your league title. Why? Because all you have to do is win your home games and win the road games you’re expected to win. However, in the SEC, if you only get Auburn or LSU one time and that one time is at their place, you can't make up for that loss. I don't expect you to understand this.

Yeah, Duke went 8-8 in league play one year, but you know what? If KU played in the ACC, they would have a year or two like that too. That's the problem and points to what I'm talking about. The BIG12 is one of only two P5 conferences where a program could win 14 straight. The PAC12 is the other. There is no other league where that would happen.

If KU performed better in the NCAAT than UK has the last 10 years, you would have something, but facts are facts. KU has averaged a higher seed than UK has the last 10 years, but they have fewer wins.

Okay, so what, the KSU team that beat UK in 2018 was not as good as the Wichita State team or the Northern Iowa team that beat Kansas, but you know who was better than those teams? How about Ohio State and North Carolina in 2011? How about wichita state/Wisconsin/Michigan/Louisville 2014, how about Wichita State 2017 and I would certainly put Wofford 2019 up against any of those mid majors KU lost to. UK has squared off against plenty of lower seeded teams and mid majors since Cal has been in the seat, but UK has won those games. On top of that, they went on 2 runs where they knocked off a bunch of teams that were seeded much higher (2011 and the crazy run in 2014). Not bad for a team that didn't win their sorry ass SEC those years.

Lastly, quit reciting regular season rankings. Those are opinions based on what each team did that week. Here's all I need to shoot that lame duck down. How many times has duke lost, but moved up in the rankings? 3 times that I recall.

Heck, I've seen UK win twice and drop in the rankings.

You're argument's are weak, let me know if you're going to continue to claim 2010 West Virginia as a BIG12 team and if you're going to continue to use regular season media polls as facts.

So you're going to continue on with saying the 2010 West Virginia win over UK is a BIG12 over SEC victory and your reasoning is that "they joined the BIG12 a few years later"???

News flash, the players on that WVA team played their entire careers prior to that game, in the BIG East. So tell me, how in the hell does joining the BIG12 several year later benefit that 2010 WVa team? This should he good.

Yeah, KU has played WVa several times since 2010, but so has UK. I believe UK and WVa have met twice more in the NCAAT (2011 and 2015) and once in Morgantown 2 years ago. UK beat them all 3 times, so what's your point?

In my opinion, a true round robin makes it easier to win your league title. Why? Because all you have to do is win your home games and win the road games you’re expected to win. However, in the SEC, if you only get Auburn or LSU one time and that one time is at their place, you can't make up for that loss. I don't expect you to understand this.

Yeah, Duke went 8-8 in league play one year, but you know what? If KU played in the ACC, they would have a year or two like that too. That's the problem and points to what I'm talking about. The BIG12 is one of only two P5 conferences where a program could win 14 straight. The PAC12 is the other. There is no other league where that would happen.

If KU performed better in the NCAAT than UK has the last 10 years, you would have something, but facts are facts. KU has averaged a higher seed than UK has the last 10 years, but they have fewer wins.

Okay, so what, the KSU team that beat UK in 2018 was not as good as the Wichita State team or the Northern Iowa team that beat Kansas, but you know who was better than those teams? How about Ohio State and North Carolina in 2011? How about wichita state/Wisconsin/Michigan/Louisville 2014, how about Wichita State 2017 and I would certainly put Wofford 2019 up against any of those mid majors KU lost to. UK has squared off against plenty of lower seeded teams and mid majors since Cal has been in the seat, but UK has won those games. On top of that, they went on 2 runs where they knocked off a bunch of teams that were seeded much higher (2011 and the crazy run in 2014). Not bad for a team that didn't win their sorry ass SEC those years.

Lastly, quit reciting regular season rankings. Those are opinions based on what each team did that week. Here's all I need to shoot that lame duck down. How many times has duke lost, but moved up in the rankings? 3 times that I recall.

Heck, I've seen UK win twice and drop in the rankings.

You're argument's are weak, let me know if you're going to continue to claim 2010 West Virginia as a BIG12 team and if you're going to continue to use regular season media polls as facts.

Bwahaha. If you actually believe that MY arguments are weak, relative to yours, that says it all.

Rankings are one of the most objective measures we have, and the rankings going into the tourney give us a good idea of that team's performance throughout the year. Are you seriously arguing that all these unranked or 20ish ranked SEC teams (most of which also went nowhere in the tourney) were secretly top 10-worthy final four contenders? I know you're a homer, but I wouldn't expect even you to go that far. On second thought, I probably would. Again, ONE top 10 team in a decade. So please drop the "Kentucky faces multiple challengers every year" bullshit. It's getting laughable.

I didn't claim 2010 WV as a B12 team. This is the kind of shit that you zero in on when you've got nothin. WV is a team that KU has played 2 to 3 times every season for years now. They've been one of the main competitors in the league. It's the same program and same coach that you faced in 2010. If you can't see the point, I don't know what else to say.

You tend to veer off on ridiculous side tangents when you're struggling to debate a specific point.

To summarize, here are my points:

No one but KU could have won the Big 12 every year from 05-18. Therefore, it's silly to downplay something that literally no other program would have done. How many titles they'd have won in ___ conference is irrelevant to the point. No one has said that they'd have won 14 straight or close in the ACC. However, they would have won 11 of 14 in the SEC.

Last edited:
Bwahaha. If you actually believe that MY arguments are weak, relative to yours, that says it all.

Rankings are one of the most objective measures we have, and the rankings going into the tourney give us a good idea of that team's performance throughout the year. Are you seriously arguing that all these unranked or 20ish ranked SEC teams (most of which also went nowhere in the tourney) were secretly top 10-worthy final four contenders? I know you're a homer, but I wouldn't expect even you to go that far. On second thought, I probably would. Again, ONE top 10 team in a decade. So please drop the "Kentucky faces multiple challengers every year" bullshit. It's getting laughable.

I didn't claim 2010 WV as a B12 team. This is the kind of shit that you zero in on when you've got nothin. WV is a team that KU has played 2 to 3 times every season for years now. They've been one of the main competitors in the league. It's the same program and same coach that you faced in 2010. If you can't see the point, I don't know what else to say.

You tend to veer off on ridiculous side tangents when you're struggling to debate a specific point.

To summarize, here are my points:

No one but KU could have won the Big 12 every year from 05-18. Therefore, it's silly to downplay something that literally no other program would have done. How many titles they'd have won in ___ conference is irrelevant to the point. No one has said that they'd have won 14 straight or close in the ACC. However, they would have won 11 of 14 in the SEC.
See, here's the problem with the statement you're making: "No one but KU could have won the Big 12 every year from 05-18". You can't possibly know that.

You can assume, but that's no different than me saying that KU would struggle in the SEC. There is literally no way to prove that.

You can say "well, UK and UNC both went to the NIT… ", but that might not have been the case if those teams were playing in the BIG12. We can't assume that Nerlens Noel would have blown his ACL in a BIG12 arena in 2013. That was a freak accident. Had he stayed healthy, UK not only makes the tournament, but they get a pretty decent seed.

Another point to make (again) is, if KU was as awesome as you're making them out to be, they would perform better when it counts. There are several programs that have outperformed KU when it counts. UNC, Duke, UK, Villanova and Gonzaga to name a few.

You know damn well you would be saying this same thing if UK had won the SEC 14 straight years, but fell behind a bunch of other programs in the NCAAT. Don't lie and say you wouldn't.

So, my stance on this is, I refuse to admit that UK couldn’t duplicate what KU did. I think it's easier to win the BIG12 than the SEC, because there is a true round robin schedule. I also fully believe Duke, Villanova, Gonzaga and UNC could pull it off too.

You never said it had to be from 2005 to 2018. Why would it? It can be any 14 year timeframe.

So if UK's streak starts in 2015, they are 4 years into their streak right now. UK was good enough in 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 to win the BIG12 in a round robin format. They look pretty darn good in 2020 too. So that's 5 years.

That's all we can do, any year in which UK, Duke, UNC, Villanova or Gonzaga had/has a top 25 team, IMO, they could be good enough to win the BIG12. You can't deny that, it's a possibility.

It works both ways.

See, here's the problem with the statement you're making: "No one but KU could have won the Big 12 every year from 05-18". You can't possibly know that.

You can assume, but that's no different than me saying that KU would struggle in the SEC. There is literally no way to prove that.

You can say "well, UK and UNC both went to the NIT… ", but that might not have been the case if those teams were playing in the BIG12. We can't assume that Nerlens Noel would have blown his ACL in a BIG12 arena in 2013. That was a freak accident. Had he stayed healthy, UK not only makes the tournament, but they get a pretty decent seed.

Another point to make (again) is, if KU was as awesome as you're making them out to be, they would perform better when it counts. There are several programs that have outperformed KU when it counts. UNC, Duke, UK, Villanova and Gonzaga to name a few.

You know damn well you would be saying this same thing if UK had won the SEC 14 straight years, but fell behind a bunch of other programs in the NCAAT. Don't lie and say you wouldn't.

So, my stance on this is, I refuse to admit that UK couldn’t duplicate what KU did. I think it's easier to win the BIG12 than the SEC, because there is a true round robin schedule. I also fully believe Duke, Villanova, Gonzaga and UNC could pull it off too.

You never said it had to be from 2005 to 2018. Why would it? It can be any 14 year timeframe.

So if UK's streak starts in 2015, they are 4 years into their streak right now. UK was good enough in 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 to win the BIG12 in a round robin format. They look pretty darn good in 2020 too. So that's 5 years.

That's all we can do, any year in which UK, Duke, UNC, Villanova or Gonzaga had/has a top 25 team, IMO, they could be good enough to win the BIG12. You can't deny that, it's a possibility.

It works both ways.

Your homerism knows no bounds. Kentucky gets a pretty good seed if Noel isn't injured? Could have won the Big 12? He was injured in mid-Feb. Missed 7 regular season games. They had been unranked since the beginning of Dec. But, yeah, I'm sure that his injury is the only thing that could have prevented a high seed or winning the Big 12 over a top 10ish K-State team and another top 20 team. Ah, but the SEC was a gauntlet, therefore they would have run through the B12 like butter, right? Yep, such a gauntlet that Kentucky's team that got Bob Morrissed still finished 2nd behind 14th-ranked Florida (the only ranked team in the league).

And that's only one season. No way in hell does Kentucky's other NIT team have a chance to win the Big 12 that year. Or the 8 seed that lost to KU in the 2nd round. Or multiple others.

Face it, your arguments are awful and homerish as can be.

Obviously nothing can be "proven" in hypotheticals--but common sense can be used.

Again....ONE top 10 team in a DECADE. Please get this through your head. That is not a high quality league. That is not a league that offers Kentucky multiple legit challengers each year, like you hilariously continue to claim. That's not a league that can look down on the Big 12, especially when they've been owned head to head.

And yes, of course we're talking about 05 to 18. That's when the streak occurred; therefore, those are the years we're evaluating when determining if another school could have done it. Derp. This isn't some hypothetical about the future (but the fact that you think that Kentucky could win 14 straight in the future over programs like Tech and WV is hilarious).

Also, how "awesome" have I claimed KU to be? All I've said is that no one else would have matched the streak. That isn't proclaiming them to be the best team in that stretch or anything of the sort. It just means that they were consistently good during that period, while everyone else had at least one or two off years. It's not that complicated.

I love how you proclaim that Kentucky was good enough to win the Big 12 since '15 as fact. Nevermind that it's a far cry from 14 straight, but it's also a huuuuge stretch, unlike the examples I've given. 16 Kentucky would have had a difficult time finishing ahead of Buddy Hield's final four OU team, or top 10 WV. They also would have had their hands full with WV and Tech in '18. It's also a stretch to say they'd have finished ahead of a Tech team that nearly won the national title. So, even your little hypothetical 5 year streak is extremely flawed.

You keep claiming that a million programs have outperformed KU in the tourney, despite the fact that I keep telling you that KU is #2 this century in tourney wins behind UNC. They've averaged a final four more than once every four years and a ton of regional finals. Despite the Bradleys and Bucknells.

Gonzaga has outperformed KU in the tourney? I'd love to hear the argument for this. I'm starting to think you don't even follow basketball outside of Kentucky games. Gonzaga literally lost in the 1st or 2nd round every year for about 15 years before finally reaching a few elite 8s and one final four in the last five years. They haven't even outperformed KU in that stretch, given that KU has three elite 8s and a final four in that time. Villanova also had terrible success in the tourney until the last few years. And I've told you several times that KU has four more tourney wins than Duke during Self's tenure. Y'know, that program from the top league that's had similar seeding, consistency and more talent? Ah, but somehow they've "more than held their own," while KU has "floundered." Trademark JeffLogic.

No one knows more than KU fans that they should have/could have reached a few more final fours and won another title or two in that stretch, but it ain't automatic. Especially with numerous injuries/suspensions. If you think they wouldn't have won more tourney games had they not played two tourneys w/out Azubuike, one without Embiid, and several others without top talents...you're delusional. Do you think less of the '15 Kentucky team because they didn't win or play in the championship? No, you still think it was an all-time great team. Do you think less of the Wall/Cousins team because they didn't reach the final four? Doubt it. But for every KU team that failed to reach the final four, it was because they and their league weren't that good.

Nah, you're not a hater or a homer at all.Laughing

Last edited:
Your homerism knows no bounds. Kentucky gets a pretty good seed if Noel isn't injured? Could have won the Big 12? He was injured in mid-Feb. Missed 7 regular season games. They had been unranked since the beginning of Dec. But, yeah, I'm sure that his injury is the only thing that could have prevented a high seed or winning the Big 12 over a top 10ish K-State team and another top 20 team. Ah, but the SEC was a gauntlet, therefore they would have run through the B12 like butter, right? Yep, such a gauntlet that Kentucky's team that got Bob Morrissed still finished 2nd behind 14th-ranked Florida (the only ranked team in the league).

And that's only one season. No way in hell does Kentucky's other NIT team have a chance to win the Big 12 that year. Or the 8 seed that lost to KU in the 2nd round. Or multiple others.

Face it, your arguments are awful and homerish as can be.

Obviously nothing can be "proven" in hypotheticals--but common sense can be used.

Again....ONE top 10 team in a DECADE. Please get this through your head. That is not a high quality league. That is not a league that offers Kentucky multiple legit challengers each year, like you hilariously continue to claim. That's not a league that can look down on the Big 12, especially when they've been owned head to head.

And yes, of course we're talking about 05 to 18. That's when the streak occurred; therefore, those are the years we're evaluating when determining if another school could have done it. Derp. This isn't some hypothetical about the future (but the fact that you think that Kentucky could win 14 straight in the future over programs like Tech and WV is hilarious).

Also, how "awesome" have I claimed KU to be? All I've said is that no one else would have matched the streak. That isn't proclaiming them to be the best team in that stretch or anything of the sort. It just means that they were consistently good during that period, while everyone else had at least one or two off years. It's not that complicated.

I love how you proclaim that Kentucky was good enough to win the Big 12 since '15 as fact. Nevermind that it's a far cry from 14 straight, but it's also a huuuuge stretch, unlike the examples I've given. 16 Kentucky would have had a difficult time finishing ahead of Buddy Hield's final four OU team, or top 10 WV. They also would have had their hands full with WV and Tech in '18. It's also a stretch to say they'd have finished ahead of a Tech team that nearly won the national title. So, even your little hypothetical 5 year streak is extremely flawed.

You keep claiming that a million programs have outperformed KU in the tourney, despite the fact that I keep telling you that KU is #2 this century in tourney wins behind UNC. They've averaged a final four more than once every four years and a ton of regional finals. Despite the Bradleys and Bucknells.

Gonzaga has outperformed KU in the tourney? I'd love to hear the argument for this. I'm starting to think you don't even follow basketball outside of Kentucky games. Gonzaga literally lost in the 1st or 2nd round every year for about 15 years before finally reaching a few elite 8s and one final four in the last five years. They haven't even outperformed KU in that stretch, given that KU has three elite 8s and a final four in that time. Villanova also had terrible success in the tourney until the last few years. And I've told you several times that KU has four more tourney wins than Duke during Self's tenure. Y'know, that program from the top league that's had similar seeding, consistency and more talent? Ah, but somehow they've "more than held their own," while KU has "floundered." Trademark JeffLogic.

No one knows more than KU fans that they should have/could have reached a few more final fours and won another title or two in that stretch, but it ain't automatic. Especially with numerous injuries/suspensions. If you think they wouldn't have won more tourney games had they not played two tourneys w/out Azubuike, one without Embiid, and several others without top talents...you're delusional. Do you think less of the '15 Kentucky team because they didn't win or play in the championship? No, you still think it was an all-time great team. Do you think less of the Wall/Cousins team because they didn't reach the final four? Doubt it. But for every KU team that failed to reach the final four, it was because they and their league weren't that good.

Nah, you're not a hater or a homer at all.Laughing
I see I have triggered you.

Hypotheticals work both ways and now we all see that you're easily triggered when it's turned around and shoved back at you.

And again, you calling anyone a homer is beyond hilarious.

There is no way that KU would win 14 straight in any other conference, besides maybe the PAC12.

There are better programs than kU that haven't done it. These are programs that have proven themselves in the tournament.

As far as other programs, like UK, Duke, MSU and UNC winning 14 straight in the BIG12, you can't say it's not possible, unless you're going to say KU is just that much better than those programs. Is that what you're saying?

Also, each blue blood and second tier program has had a long run of dominance where they could have pulled it off. Maybe not from 05 through 18, but so what.

But there's a difference, in the ACC, you will never win 14 straight, not when there are two blue bloods and a handful of other programs that prioritize basketball.

Same thing with the SEC, you're not winning 14 straight when Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida and whichever other program crops up to be a legit conference challenger. Now Auburn is showing out.

Yeah, there were some years where the SEC was very weak, as you have so graciously pointed out (sarcasm), but KU was not going to ever win 14 straight in the SEC, remember, there is no round robin.

The BIG10 has Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio State. Wisconsin was really good for a while. You're not winning 14 straight in that league either.

I've fully admitted that the 14 year KU winning streak was impressive, but they did it in a league that has 1 top dog. 1 team has won a title in the modern era. I think Oklahoma State won a title or two back in the 40's, but in the modern era, the entire league has amassed 2 national titles and both were won by 1 school. You have to admit that that is a huge puss filled zit sitting right on the BIG12's nose.

Heck, the sucky SEC has 6 titles in the modern era, by three different programs. And I'm not even going to count the 1978 UK title, as that's too far back to be considered modern era.

I did you a favor by counting the 1988 title, even though that's not really considered modern era.

I love how you try to laugh off my posts and claim that they are ridiculous. Nobody is buying what you're selling, everyone knows you're the biggest homer on this board and they're all on to your act. You call me a homer, but if you had been.paying attention, you would know that this wholevshit show of a debate has been about KU and how you think nobody else could accomplish the REGULAR SEASON SUCCESS tha KU has had. I'm the one claiming that multiple schools, not just UK, could possible do it. How does that make me a homer? I hate UNC, but I can call a spade a spade, they're a strong enough program, stronger than KU, to do it.

This is my last post to you in this thread. It's pointless, seems like you want everyone to suck KU off. It's a great program, a true blue blood, nobody debates that.

Nobody, except KU fans, gives a shit about regular season success. It's about final fours and titles. Winning your league, then getting beat in the first round of the tournament, totally takes the air out of your regular season accomplishments.

Later.

Homerism is synonymous with being irrational. Nothing I’ve said is irrational.

Claiming that 2013 UK would have been a high seed if Nerlens hadn’t missed a handful of games? That’s homerism. Claiming that Kentucky consistently has to face multiple top end teams in the SEC? Not just homerism, but wrong. Just a few examples out of many.

I’ve never said that it’s not possible for other programs to match the streak. I’ve said they couldn’t have done it during that timeframe. And I’ve given many specific examples as to why. You haven’t challenged any of my examples. Hmm...wonder why. You just keep regurgitating the same ridiculous generalizations. “If KU can do it...derrrrp!” I’m using facts to support my argument, while you ignore them and continue to copy and paste the same opinions over and over with no facts or logic behind them.

I really don’t know why you keep bombarding me with this nonsense about winning 14 straight in other leagues. That was never the issue and I don’t know a single person who claims that would have happened.

As far as the tourney goes...again, every KU fan thinks that Self (and Roy before him) should have more hardware. But I can’t figure out why you relentlessly attack a program that has still managed to be 2nd in tourney wins this century (and first until recently). It’s bizarre. They’ve still averaged a final four every four years and an elite 8 every other year. Sure, Bradley and Bucknell were embarrassing. But it’s as if you think that’s somehow worse than losing to Bob Morris in the first round of the NIT. Or having another NIT appearance. Or low seeds that lose in early round games. Makes zero sense. If you don’t think less of Kentucky’s program for having off SEASONS, then you shouldn’t think less of another program for having a few off nights. In a tourney where crazy shit happens every single year.

But yeah, I’m done here. You either don’t read or continue to miss my points.

Last edited:
Maybe this thread can go 200+. Great post guys! It's hard to imagine how two people can argue for 3 months and stay focused to the topic on hand.

Maybe this thread can go 200+. Great post guys! It's hard to imagine how two people can argue for 3 months and stay focused to the topic on hand.

If he could stay focused, it would have lasted about 3 posts.

Probably the closest thing to homerism that I’ve posted is that Duke couldn’t have matched the streak. And that’s not homerish at all. Unless you think it’s irrational to suggest that an unranked Duke team that lost to an 11 seed in the first round wouldn’t have finished higher than top 5ish A&M and the top 10ish Durant Texas team.

Now claiming that a league which had ONE top 10 team (other than Kentucky) for a decade is consistently producing multiple top challengers? That’s homerism.

Probably the closest thing to homerism that I’ve posted is that Duke couldn’t have matched the streak. And that’s not homerish at all. Unless you think it’s irrational to suggest that an unranked Duke team that lost to an 11 seed in the first round wouldn’t have finished higher than top 5ish A&M and the top 10ish Durant Texas team.

Now claiming that a league which had ONE top 10 team (other than Kentucky) for a decade is consistently producing multiple top challengers? That’s homerism.
Cool beans.

Just in case anyone was actually worried about this guy doing them dirty.

ADVERTISEMENT