ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn title runs…

They lost 14 games this year chief. that aint good
They also got back a lottery pick at tournament time which didn't play most of the season. So Kansas, Illinois, and SDSU all sucked? Got it.

They also got back a lottery pick at tournament time which didn't play most of the season. So Kansas, Illinois, and SDSU all sucked? Got it.

To be fair, Illinois really wasn’t very good this season, Kansas isn’t very good without Bill Self and SDSU wasn’t very good in November.

Also Arkansas got Smith back February 11th and were only 5-7 the rest of the way.

No they all just lost to a mid team. Sorry about it.

Uconn is playing great and will probably win tomorrow while your team is at home after not losing to the eventual NC.

What round did your team lose in?

Reactions: Erock-conn
To be fair, Illinois really wasn’t very good this season, Kansas isn’t very good without Bill Self and SDSU wasn’t very good in November.

Also Arkansas got Smith back February 11th and were only 5-7 the rest of the way.

To be fair KY sucked balls all season and have for many seasons. If the refs had thrown Tschebwe out like they should have the hogs would have won the last 4.

• Haha
Reactions: Montana81
Uconn is playing great and will probably win tomorrow while your team is at home after not losing to the eventual NC.

What round did your team lose in?
wow what a tard. My team just won the NC last year tool. My team is 34 straight NCAA tourneys. My team is #1 in all time wins. You're a moron of a crappy 14 loss team.

wow what a tard. My team just won the NC last year tool. My team is 34 straight NCAA tourneys. My team is #1 in all time wins. You're a moron of a crappy 14 loss team.
Haa...and you lost to a 14 loss hogs.

If I recall, last season you had one of the easiest paths to a FF in recent history.
16/9/4/10/2/8. Had to win the NC from a play-in team that didn't even make the tournament this year.

2008 Memphis shat themselves at the end and gifted kansas the game.

4 NCs for a blue blood isn't really that great. It's actually kind of embarrassing. But thank goodness you guys have all time wins.

Haa...and you lost to a 14 loss hogs.

If I recall, last season you had one of the easiest paths to a FF in recent history.
16/9/4/10/2/8. Had to win the NC from a play-in team that didn't even make the tournament this year.

2008 Memphis shat themselves at the end and gifted kansas the game.

4 NCs for a blue blood isn't really that great. It's actually kind of embarrassing. But thank goodness you guys have all time wins.

Such a dumb argument. UNC was clearly one of the top teams in the country at the end of last season. And Miami went even further in the tourney this year, so it’s safe to say they were no fluke.

KU won the blueblood final four and the only all-1 seed final four, and you clowns want to pretend they had it easy. 😆

If 4 titles is embarrassing, 4 times less must be really damn embarrassing.

Here's a thought I can't get out of my head: In 3 of the past 4 Final Fours, the committee significantly impacted the Final Four, based on which region teams were placed (not changing any seed lines). Matchups, and perhaps I should say potential matchups, are everything.

2023:
4 UConn vs 5 Miami and 5 San Diego State

UConn and Miami/San Diego State very well could have faced each other in the same region. So, instead of UConn facing Miami/SDSU in the Final Four and Title game, they very well could have played SDSU or Miami in the Round of 32. Wild.

If SDSU or Miami are placed in another region, do we perhaps see Alabama or Houston in the Final Four?

2022:
Title Game- 1 Kansas vs 8 UNC. This could have been a 2nd Round game (like it was in 2013). As it was, UNC played another 1-seeded Big 12 school in the 2nd Round.

2019:
1 Virginia vs 5 Auburn
2 Michigan State vs 3 Texas Tech

That's a Regional, right there. The committee could have stuck all 4 of those FF schools in the same region, where it'd be two Sweet 16 matchups instead of two Final Four matchups. That would have meant 3 different schools would have made the Final Four in 2019.

Last edited:
Such a dumb argument. UNC was clearly one of the top teams in the country at the end of last season. And Miami went even further in the tourney this year, so it’s safe to say they were no fluke.

KU won the blueblood final four and the only all-1 seed final four, and you clowns want to pretend they had it easy. 😆

If 4 titles is embarrassing, 4 times less must be really damn embarrassing.
Disagree about the Miami portion IMO remember, that Miami team last year didn’t have Pack or Normeir , their best big man this season- without those two, Miami is prob around an ten seed again, instead of a five seed.

To be fair KY sucked balls all season and have for many seasons. If the refs had thrown Tschebwe out like they should have the hogs would have won the last 4.

Kentucky has sucked balls for 3 seasons. arkansas has sucked balls for nearly 30. I understand why you’re upset.

Players win titles, it's true. But, coaches regularly mess things up by not properly utilizing the talents available to them. Hurley has done extremely well this season.

If 4 titles is embarrassing, 4 times less must be really damn embembarrassing.
Kansas won because Memphis couldn't hit a free throw at the end of the game.

One more thing about last year, Villanova guy tore his Achilles, so the game was over before it started.

If you read, I said 4 NCs for a blue blood is embarrassing.

BTW, the Hogs won in 94.

Reactions: Chanman492

To be fair, Kansas fans know perfectly well what it's like to lose a national title from poor free throw shooting. Kansas lost to Syracuse by 3 points in 2003 - and the Jayhawks went 12-30 from the line.

Disagree about the Miami portion IMO remember, that Miami team last year didn’t have Pack or Normeir , their best big man this season- without those two, Miami is prob around an ten seed again, instead of a five seed.

You know they lost an 18 ppg scorer and 3 of their top 5 scorers, right? I mean, of course you have to replace production that you lose. If KU doesn't find decent replacements for Wilson and Dick, they'll be lucky to be ranked next year.

If you guys want to believe that UNC and Miami were just your typical 8 and 10 seeds last season, be my guest. Seems pretty disingenuous and foolish to me though. Also seems foolish to claim that a path was easy because it didn't go chalk. When does this thing go chalk?

They faced one double digit seed (after the 16 seed of course), and it was one of the top teams from a major conference. We're not talking about Princeton or FDU here.

Fstl4zLXgAE5bLy

Anyone remember the last time these two schools faced each other in the tournament? It was a close one; Kawhi even had the chance to put SDSU up 2 with 2 minutes left. But, he missed a wide-open three - and Jeremy Lamb subsequently nailed a three-pointer to put UConn up by 4. Ball game.

Would suck for San Diego State to have the two biggest games in school history result in a loss to the same school.

Reactions: ExitFlagger

One more thing about last year, Villanova guy tore his Achilles, so the game was over before it started.

If you read, I said 4 NCs for a blue blood is embarrassing.

BTW, the Hogs won in 94.

I know. 4/1 = 4.

Only a few programs have more titles than KU in the modern era (and 5 all-time). But we're supposed to be embarrassed by this? Sure, chief. And you're not embarrassed to have 1? Why not?

The Villanova game was over in the first half, but I'll bet Justin Moore would've been the difference. For sure.

Last edited:
If you guys want to believe that UNC and Miami were just your typical 8 and 10 seeds last season, be my guest. Seems pretty disingenuous and foolish to me though. Also seems foolish to claim that a path was easy because it didn't go chalk. When does this thing go chalk?

They faced one double digit seed (after the 16 seed of course), and it was one of the top teams from a major conference. We're not talking about Princeton or FDU here.
Agree on the chalk comment , however , someone brought up that as a diss to Uconn , which if so , would also imply to KU last year IMO.

Agree on the chalk comment , however , someone brought up that as a diss to Uconn , which if so , would also imply to KU last year IMO.

I never dissed UConn, and I wouldn't say their road was terribly easy. Could have been harder but they rolled through probably the toughest region, so they deserve credit for that.

My point is...usually when you talk about double digit seeds and a favorable path, you're talking about talent-deficient midmajors that overachieved for a game or two. Not two of the best teams from the ACC, that peaked at the perfect time. This wasn't like drawing Princeton in the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I never dissed UConn, and I wouldn't say their road was terribly easy. Could have been harder but they rolled through probably the toughest region, so they deserve credit for that.

My point is...usually when you talk about double digit seeds and a favorable path, you're talking about talent-deficient midmajors that overachieved for a game or two. Not two of the best teams from the ACC, that peaked at the perfect time. This wasn't like drawing Princeton in the Sweet 16.
Who has had harder path to the final 4 than the 2019 auburn tigers? Has anyone else beaten the 3 winningiest programs of all time consecutively to get to the final 4? Then got to play 1 seed uva

Who has had harder path to the final 4 than the 2019 auburn tigers? Has anyone else beaten the 3 winningiest programs of all time consecutively to get to the final 4? Then got to play 1 seed uva

in 1997 4th seeded Arizona beat Kansas, UNC and Kentucky en route to the title. Closest thing i could find.

Good run, although KU just didn’t have it that year after losing Azubuike and Vick.

Can’t remember the best runs by other teams, but my favorite KU run to the final four was probably in ‘03. Beat a hyped Duke team in the S16 and then an Arizona team that spent a lot of the year ranked #1. Both awesome games. Earlier in the year, AZ had won in AFH by like 18. Next, KU beat Dwayne Wade’s Marquette by 30. Then blew it by missing 18 of 30 FTs in the title game.

in 1997 4th seeded Arizona beat Kansas, UNC and Kentucky en route to the title. Closest thing i could find.
And much better versions of KU and Kentucky. Some people still think that’s the best KU team in recent memory. Or ever.

Roy really pissed away some golden opportunities.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Good run, although KU just didn’t have it that year after losing Azubuike and Vick.

Can’t remember the best runs by other teams, but my favorite KU run to the final four was probably in ‘03. Beat a hyped Duke team in the S16 and then an Arizona team that spent a lot of the year ranked #1. Both awesome games. Earlier in the year, AZ had won in AFH by like 18. Next, KU beat Dwayne Wade’s Marquette by 30. Then blew it by missing 18 of 30 FTs in the title game.
I know I am being lazy, but can't believe Kansas missed 18 free throws in that 03 title game- was it specifically 1 or 2 guys?

I mean auburn still beat Kentucky in the elite 8 without okeke our only true nba player in 2019. That 2003 auburn went to the sweet 16. We then lost by 1 point to Syracuse and Carmelo. Closest score anyone had with him that tourney. We were a 10 seed and beat 7 seed st. Joes and 2 seed wake forest in that tourney. Then lost to 3 seed Syracuse. Auburn then didn’t make the ncaa tourney again for 15 years

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I know I am being lazy, but can't believe Kansas missed 18 free throws in that 03 title game- was it specifically 1 or 2 guys?

Collison was the worst. 3-10.

Met him a few years later. Couldn’t even look him in the eye.

But seriously, that one still kinda pisses me off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT