ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN is the greatest program of all time

Could care less if they won in the 30s, 40s, 50s etc.......they own this sports.
This team is on the verge of going down as the best in the last 30 years. Don’t come at me with no bullshit. 10 straight double digit tourney wins is unreal. I mean there is legitimate debate if anybody can be competitive with them not whether they can be beat.

Last edited:
This team is on the verge of going down as the best in the last 30 years. Don’t come at me with no bullshit. 10 straight double digit tourney wins is unreal. I mean there is legitimate debate as if anybody can be competitive with them not whether they can be beat.

In the modern era, which I believe to be the best, they have dominated.

I know UCLA was great, but wayyy different times.

Reactions: boaty4
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet, the elite 8 ain’t even done yet and final 4 is still a week away. Despite how impressive and dominant UConn have been, I can still see Purdue or Duke beating them at the title game. It’s worth noting the highest seeded opponents UConn defeated were 3 seed Gonzaga last year and Illinois this year, they have not beaten a top contender thus far.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet, the elite 8 ain’t even done yet and final 4 is still a week away. Despite how impressive and dominant UConn have been, I can still see Purdue or Duke beating them at the title game. It’s worth noting the highest seeded opponents UConn defeated were 3 seed Gonzaga last year and Illinois this year, they have not beaten a top contender thus far.

Let's assume they win #6, it's a no brainer

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is one of those years that it doesn't matter how far you got, you're going to come up short anyways.

Elite 8 and Final Fours is just for bragging rights. Maybe hang a banner.

Reactions: boaty4

Duke. 🤣

Reactions: Random UK Fan
This team is on the verge of going down as the best in the last 30 years. Don’t come at me with no bullshit. 10 straight double digit tourney wins is unreal. I mean there is legitimate debate if anybody can be competitive with them not whether they can be beat.
Nah...UK 1996 and 2012, Duke 2001, Kansas 2008, UNC 2009, and Villanova 2018 come to mind immediately from the past 30 years that are better than this UConn team. And that doesn't even mention teams that didn't win the championship (Duke '99, UK 2015), that I would take over this UConn team.

They are a great team, and are definitely one of the best of the past 30 yrs (since that is the timeframe you chose). But I would take any of the above teams in a heartbeat over this UConn team.

Reactions: WestKyBlueBlood
You act like they just beat some average teams. They murdered everyone.

Ten teams and only two were double digit seeds. Gtfoh.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Nah...UK 1996 and 2012, Duke 2001, Kansas 2008, UNC 2009, and Villanova 2018 come to mind immediately from the past 30 years that are better than this UConn team. And that doesn't even mention teams that didn't win the championship (Duke '99, UK 2015), that I would take over this UConn team.

They are a great team, and are definitely one of the best of the past 30 yrs (since that is the timeframe you chose). But I would take any of the above teams in a heartbeat over this UConn team.

200w.gif

Reactions: Erock-conn

I hear you but what they have done in the tourney separates these boys. If they close it out with back to back natties with this scoring margin close the book on it. They are easily the best.

They’re definitely the best program over the last 25 years. Can’t deny it.

They will have won 6 national titles since 1998 if they win here again.

I hear you but what they have done in the tourney separates these boys. If they close it out with back to back natties with this scoring margin close the book on it. They are easily the best.
No...you are living in the moment. This UConn team is not "easily" the best.

There are no more dominant teams in college basketball like there were in the 90s and 2000s. Not even close dude.

1996 UK is one the of the best teams of all time. They had 9 pros on their roster. This UConn team is not even close to that level of talent.

Heck, look at the how loaded the rosters were in the 2008 FF that Kansas won. All four teams (KU, Memphis, UNC, UCLA) are absolutely loaded. UConn will not have to contend with anything close to that in this yrs FF (heck they played Miami and SDSU last yr).

Listen, UConn is definitely the best program right now. No doubt. Hurley has done a tremendous job. While this year's team is really flipping good, they don't measure up to the teams I listed above, or the ones in my previous post. To say otherwise is a bit ridiculous, to be honest.

No...you are living in the moment. This UConn team is not "easily" the best.

There are no more dominant teams in college basketball like there were in the 90s and 2000s. Not even close dude.

1996 UK is one the of the best teams of all time. They had 9 pros on their roster. This UConn team is not even close to that level of talent.

Heck, look at the how loaded the rosters were in the 2008 FF that Kansas won. All four teams (KU, Memphis, UNC, UCLA) are absolutely loaded. UConn will not have to contend with anything close to that in this yrs FF (heck they played Miami and SDSU last yr).

Listen, UConn is definitely the best program right now. No doubt. Hurley has done a tremendous job. While this year's team is really flipping good, they don't measure up to the teams I listed above, or the ones in my previous post. To say otherwise is a bit ridiculous, to be honest.
Full of shit.

Why didn’t they at least try to put Dainja on Clinton? Hawkins is way too slim for that
Dain isn’t what people think he is. Terrible defender. In the end, it didn’t matter who guarded him, it was going to end poorly.

Dain isn’t what people think he is. Terrible defender. In the end, it didn’t matter who guarded him, it was going to end poorly.

Ah I see. I just figured with his size (more so body weight) he may have had a better chance than Hawkins. Definitely not going to completely stop him but slow him down somewhat. Nobody had an answer for him, just a dominant showing all around

ADVERTISEMENT